The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R4INBOW
The pencil test is when you push your breasts together and see if there's enough "booby" to hold the pencil.

It gives no indication of saggy breasts.

No. That is one of many versions, one of the less commonly accepted ones actually. Go have a look at wikipedia and you'll see that the sagging version under the breast is well known.
I'd be embarrassed that mine are bigger :frown:
Original post by Zarek
Not really wanting to add to this boob obsessed debate, but I have come across some pretty fine specimens which would pass this (ridiculous) test and no one would describe with the pejorative term, 'saggy'.

I know, it's ridiculous. I was just pointing out that if your definition of the pencil test is to check for sagging, then it's not desirable to pass it.
Reply 63
Boobs need to be just right for a man. Not too big and not too small, either.
Original post by Millie228
"Pencil test" is a test to find out if a young/pre-pubescent girl needs a bra. If the pencil falls, she can go braless, if the pencil holds, she needs to wear a bra. Most women wear bras.
Some also refers to it as a cleavage test - you put a pencil in your cleavage when wearing a push-up bra, and if it stays, it's a good cleavage.

Being able to hold a pencil does not mean you have too saggy breasts. When women get breast augmentations, the popular request is breasts which has a 'fold' underneath, like Kate Upton. Kate is considered to have beautiful breasts, and hers could hold a pencil - most breasts larger than C would.
Even the "normal" ones to the left would hold a pencil:
http://www.beautifulself.com/images/ptosis_chart.jpg

So by this definition, I don't require a bra? That would be interesting. If you look around the internet you will see that my version is also a commonly accepted definition of the pencil test. I also don't think the ones on the left would hold a pencil for a decent length of time.

I think the test is ridiculous, I'm just saying that from what I've heard, this is the definition of the pencil test. I don't know, I must just have excellent breasts :ahee:
Reply 65
llessur123 stop talking about your tits.
Original post by cartman
llessur123 stop talking about your tits.

It was a joke. Although I'll talk about them as much as I want, thank you.
Reply 67
Original post by llessur123
So by this definition, I don't require a bra? That would be interesting. If you look around the internet you will see that my version is also a commonly accepted definition of the pencil test. I also don't think the ones on the left would hold a pencil for a decent length of time.

I think the test is ridiculous, I'm just saying that from what I've heard, this is the definition of the pencil test. I don't know, I must just have excellent breasts :ahee:

I have breast implants and am around a 32D. I can hold a pencil for a few seconds. I sometimes wear a bra, sometimes go without - they are quite perky. My breasts mostly resemble the ones to the left. As long as you have a bit of fold, which most larger breasts have, you can hold a pencil.
I wouldn't want to NOT have a slight fold underneath, as it would mean they are either small or too obviously fake.
The pencil test is to test whether you need a bra. So I don't consider it a negative to pass the test - all the attractive breasts I see would hold a pencil, at least for a short time. Although I know smaller breasted women often refer to all larger breasts as "saggy", I know that is a defense mechanism.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to know what boys think about this. I have quite a small build (5'0 tall) so I don't think my breasts are massively out of proportion with my body. But they're 32AA! I don't even pass the pencil test.

Would this put you off, boys? I wouldn't say I'm THAT insecure about my breasts, it doesn't really bother me and I would never get surgery. But still. My breasts are tiny.

Please be honest. I can take the truth. Could you ever like a girl with small breasts?

Individuality is what makes a person. You are who you are, your height and your breast size are components of you. Just like your personality, looks and intelligence. So, you may not be gifted in the boob department, that isn't all that matters. All the people on here saying that they wouldn't even recognise below a C cup size are just superficial morons. If someone cannot look past your physical features, then in my opinion hey are pretty undateable. I'd hate to go down the cheesy route of 'one day you'll meet someone special' but it really is true. A good guy is someone who loves you for who you are, small breasts, big breasts, tall or short. Be happy with what you were given, and stop worrying if men think your boobs are likeable, women are more than just boobs :smile:
Reply 69
It was a joke. Although I'll talk about them as much as I want, thank you.

You do that honey.
Original post by Happydude
No, they are not. None of us know the full details behind that story. The hysterical kneejerk reaction typical of Daily Mail readers, despite knowing nothing of about that young woman's mental state once again proves how little value should be placed in any of their opinions.

'Herpaderp you can't fix a mental illness with physical things trololol'
Actually, yes you can. Come back to me when you have a team of psychologists and the board that decides how to spend the budget of their respective NHS trust behind you.

This infuriates me.

As far as I'm aware the only mental illness treated with surgery is gender dysphoria, which that particular lady does not seem to have. If anything she has body dysmorphic disorder, which is most certainly NOT treated with surgery, as the patient will simply want more and never be satisfied.

As to the OP, I have AAA breasts :biggrin: And as someone attracted to women....small boobies are great!
Original post by Millie228
I have breast implants and am around a 32D. I can hold a pencil for a few seconds. I sometimes wear a bra, sometimes go without - they are quite perky. My breasts mostly resemble the ones to the left. As long as you have a bit of fold, which most larger breasts have, you can hold a pencil.
I wouldn't want to NOT have a slight fold underneath, as it would mean they are either small or too obviously fake.
The pencil test is to test whether you need a bra. So I don't consider it a negative to pass the test - all the attractive breasts I see would hold a pencil, at least for a short time. Although I know smaller breasted women often refer to all larger breasts as "saggy", I know that is a defense mechanism.

I was talking about the definition of the pencil test, which generally has three definitions if you did a bit of research online you would know this(if you can wear a bra, if they are saggy and the one between cleavage). It's a stupid test but I'm just saying what I've heard about it.

Unfortunately it is a fact that most if not all large breasts will sag more than small ones with age, that is just gravity at work and nothing to be ashamed of. You sound quite defensive about this though, so I'll leave it there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cartman
You do that honey.

I'm not your "honey", please try not to be so patronising.
Reply 73
Original post by Anonymous
have to be C or above for me im afraid

It's such a joke when boys say that. You''ve no idea about bra sizes.
Reply 74
Don't feel insecure about your breast size, any guy that is shallow enough just to like you for your cup size is just not worth it.
Reply 75
I'm what you might call a 'boob man' - as far as I'm concerned, they're amazing. But for all my love for them, let me tell you clearly: breasts really are not the deciding factor. If I meet a really cool girl and she is 32AA, I'm not going to just next her.

Breasts are like Pepsi and Coke. Guys might state a preference, but they're going to take whatever's on the tap.

Hope I made you feel better.
Reply 76
I'm not your "honey", please try not to be so patronising.

I thought I was being polite. :s-smilie:
Reply 77
I was talking about the definition of the pencil test, which generally has three definitions if you did a bit of research online you would know this(if you can wear a bra, if they are saggy and the one between cleavage). It's a stupid test but I'm just saying what I've heard about it.

Unfortunately it is a fact that most if not all large breasts will sag more than small ones with age, that is just gravity at work and nothing to be ashamed of.You sound quite defensive about this though, so I'll leave it there.

Defensive? Now you're being outright stupid and you know it. Also, we all know breasts sag - DUH.

I exemplified mine to make the point - enhanced breasts are designed to be "perfect", and they too will pass the pencil test, at least for two seconds. So if there are girls out there with natural larger breasts whom are self-conscious about them (as I know there are, also on TSR), I wanted to let them know that there are no reasons to worry.
I am aware of the different definitions. My point was that a lot of the things you'll find online or on urban dictionary or whatnot are given by boys who have never touched a breast, so it doesn't really matter what the "common belief" is, it's still useless.
Reply 78
Original post by cartman
I thought I was being polite. :s-smilie:

Forget it, she's mad.
Reply 79
I had to google AA breasts, yeah, they are small, but unless you're already well into your 20s, there's a chance you're gonna put on more weight, get bigger boobies etc. as you get older and it's not worth worrying about tbh. Also if you're very short they're gonna look more in proportion with your body, hence not so small. A 6ft tall women with 32AAs...yeah that would be wrong.

Latest