Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ironically I think Pullmans world was far to 'subtle' to ever be accepted as a winning Teen/Pre-Teen film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FullStop2)
    I love the 'Gone' books but that would one really disturbing film if they made it :curious:
    Haha I guess so. Nonetheless it would be so gripping and action-packed! As someone mentioned, it would be better if there is a TV series based around it to get really deep into the characters. Oh it would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to the 'The Fault In Our Stars' film, if it can make me cry even half as much as the book did then I'll be satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    Haha I guess so. Nonetheless it would be so gripping and action-packed! As someone mentioned, it would be better if there is a TV series based around it to get really deep into the characters. Oh it would be great.
    Yeah now that I think about it a TV show would be a lot better, they'd end up ruining the books by missing too much out if they made it into a film, although I can't imagine how Little Pete would be potrayed at all...

ReputationRep:
    Witch Child by Ceila Rees.
    I read this when I was younger, and I really think it would translate well to screen.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Artemis Fowl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tha Carbon Diaries!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    the power of 5 - anthony horowitz
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    King Killer Chronicles: Patrick Rothfuss

ReputationRep:
    The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, I started reading them when I was 13 and I still love the books 10 years later!

ReputationRep:
    There are some good suggestions here. I agree that the Noughts and Crosses series should be adapted. I read the books a few years ago, and I absolutely fell in love with the characters. I've only read book one in the Artemis Fowl series so far, but that boy genius is brilliant, so I would like to see that on the big screen.

Other suggestions:

The Book Thief
    Hush Hush

ReputationRep:
    Michael Grant's 'Gone' series would be quite something. There's rumours that they are planning on making a movie :woo:
    I would love for the Gone series to be made into a movie, especially now all the books are done. :'(

But only if they do them well.
    Which I think has been an issue for getting a movie deal.

I've read some comments by Michael Grant, and apparently he's been to a lot of meetings about movie deals, but he's been unsuccessful as he hasn't found the right people to do it with.

I think the main issue is that there are only children roles.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And there are very few worthwhile adult roles until Fear.

Not to mention how difficult it would be to do half of the things in the book. It would be filled with so much CGI!
    If this film isn't done properly, it can look awful and cheesy. Just look at some of the interactive videos and book trailers they've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rctqgM2hptc
    This particular scene should have been much more gruesome and horrifying, as it was in the book, but just came across as cheap and cheesy.
    And if they actually manage to do it correctly, they might end up losing half of their fanbase as they won't be old enough to watch the film. (Although I wouldn't recommend the later books to those under 14, or maybe 13 if they have a strong stomach.)
    Needs to be done properly. He was considering a Television Show (which I think could work well), but because of how it ruined the Animorphs series, I don't think that's something he's going to go for.

I NEED SOMETHING TO HAPPEN THOUGH, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF. :'(

ReputationRep:
    The Sense of an Ending , read it the other day and I really would love to see it as a film adaptation.

ReputationRep:
    The Carbon Diaries definitely and the Insurgent trilogy!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!! !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    I would love for the Gone series to be made into a movie, especially now all the books are done. :'(

I've read some comments by Michael Grant, and apparently he's been to a lot of meetings about movie deals, but he's been unsuccessful as he hasn't found the right people to do it with.

Spoiler:
    Show

Not to mention how difficult it would be to do half of the things in the book. It would be filled with so much CGI!
    If this film isn't done properly, it can look awful and cheesy. Just look at some of the interactive videos and book trailers they've done.

This particular scene should have been much more gruesome and horrifying, as it was in the book, but just came across as cheap and cheesy.
    And if they actually manage to do it correctly, they might end up losing half of their fanbase as they won't be old enough to watch the film. (Although I wouldn't recommend the later books to those under 14, or maybe 13 if they have a strong stomach.)
    Needs to be done properly. He was considering a Television Show (which I think could work well), but because of how it ruined the Animorphs series, I don't think that's something he's going to go for.

I'm planning on finishing the series after my exams. I understand what you mean, it would be so different to see all the gore on screen as oppose to reading it. A television series would probably be most appropriate for these books, a movie wouldn't be able to explain all the characters and their stories. We're just going to have to see what Michael does!
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO JUST EVEN THINKING ABOUT FINISHING IT
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman!

ReputationRep:
    The Dark Tower TV series/movie combo that is rumoured needs to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassgrazers01)
    The Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman
    I say this constantly, but YES. It would be a better TV series than a film, I think, but it would be SO GOOD. If done well (which I think it would be), it has the potential to be fantastic. I hope someone makes it one day

I want to see Scott Westerfeld's Uglies trilogy made into a film, it was optioned years ago but nothing ever came of it. I'd love to play Shay, not that I'm much of an actress though. But it could easily be messed up. They'd probably completely underplay the complicated Shay/Tally friendship in favour of the romance with David. Grrr. Could be awesome though.

I'd also love decent adaptations of 1984 and Brave New World, but Brave New World is far more suited to the 1980's style of film-making, sort of Bladerunner, Logans Run type stuff. But 1984 would be amazing, as dearly as I love John Hurt in the other version.

Anne of Green Gables needs to be remade so they can actually include Philippa Gordon, one of the best characters in fiction, ever. Although they'll never beat Megan Follows as Anne which is a shame.

Mary Barton, the BBC needs to get on that.

ReputationRep:
    Very true. 'Gone - the TV show' - I can see it now. It would be so gripping and the characters could be developed so well.
    (Original post by FullStop2)
    Yeah now that I think about it a TV show would be a lot better, they'd end up ruining the books by missing too much out if they made it into a film, although I can't imagine how Little Pete would be potrayed at all...
    (Original post by Theflyingbarney)
    I concur with both of these. Although in both cases it'd be tricky - to stay true to the story it'd be unlikely that either would get a rating under a 15, even though younger kids than that read the books

Yeah, Skandar Keynes (the guy who plays Edmund) goes to my college at Cambridge, so I see him around quite often - I think he's about 21 now and it shows

(Original post by jhadjkura)
    'Noughts And Crosses' Series - Malorie Blackman
    'Gone' Series - Michael Grant
    'Cherub' Series - Robert Muchamore
    'TimeRiders' Series - Alex Scarrow
    'Alpha Force' Series - Chris Ryan
    'Paper Towns' - John Green

(Original post by beccagood95)

Spoiler:
    Show

Saw the other day that the TV show is very likely to happen:

http://pagetopremiere.com/2013/07/so...-adapt-for-tv/

(Original post by keromedic)
    King Killer Chronicles: Patrick Rothfuss
    This should be happening as well!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/new-...onicle-for-tv/

It's either going to be a very good or very ****, they could so easily ruin it as the story is very good, but what sets it apart is the writing (imo)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.