Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you tell people you go on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Occasional I will find someone in real life who also uses this forum, and then we have a type of sacred bond knowing that our secret must be kept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I was hunched over my tablet the other day at home, my Mum says "what are you up to?" and I said, oh, it's just TSR, and she said "is that a medical condition? Sounds bad."
    I presume you replied with the correct answer - "Yes, it is, and I haven't found a cure yet..." :erm:

As for me - I've mentioned it to friends who might be able to make use of it, and I do have four or five friends/acquaintances on here, so they obviously know I spend far too much of my life on here - but to my friends at home? No, the conversational arc is never one conducive to a mention of TSR...

ReputationRep:
    A couple of my friends know I use it (I tell them about amusing threads I occasionally find), but I don't really use it that much.

I do use other forums quite a lot, but I don't think I would go around telling everyone that I use them!

I don't tell people my usernames, but it isn't that hard to figure out who I am if you really wanted to stalk!

ReputationRep:
    Of course not! It's like social suicide, right? At least it would be, if I had a social life in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    All my people know, but they haven't a clue what my username is!!!! So I can write what the hell I like, and no one will ever know it was me!!

ReputationRep:
    Some people at uni and my brother because they use/have used it but thats it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never really comes up in a conversation, my brother knows though.

ReputationRep:
    If people ask then I am honest, but otherwise no. I don't have "TSR 2K13" written on my shirt.
    The main appeal of TSR is to be able to ask questions regarding student-related topics, and get some sensible answers, while staying anonymous. If my friends knew I use TSR a lot, then the anonymity is reduced.

ReputationRep:
    I think almost everyone at my college uses it, it is really useful for unofficial mark schemes etc...

ReputationRep:
    My other half knows I use it but only cause he always asks what I'm reading on my phone all the time haha.
    Its never really came up so no one else really knows.
    I don't know anyone else that uses it either.

ReputationRep:
    3 years ago I made my first thread about Scandinavian Studies at the University of Edinburgh. Now I post mainly about football and about to start an engineering degree in Italy.

what the hell have you done to me tsr

ReputationRep:
    why am i the only one using my real name on here... such a rookie mistake :K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaGarlai)
    why am i the only one using my real name on here... such a rookie mistake :K:
    I do as well, I didn't realise when I signed up there'd be so few people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I do as well, I didn't realise when I signed up there'd be so few people

Same LOL :')

ReputationRep:
    I have it tattooed on my forehead :banghead:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.