The Student Room Group

Was refused entry to a nightclub for no reason. What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
people get refused entry all the time, seems like you're just trying to pull a racism card.

And as for your friend, sounds like someones attention seeking, "violence is not the answer" and I hope he gets arrested
Original post by Doorman1
Hello sorry to hear about your experience.
firstly I must say being a doorman at a main venue in east London I know that a lot of venues refuse a lot of Asian men for no apparent reason.
It is not your right to go into a venue
the door staff are there to prevent anybody they do not wish to come into the venue,you have to accept the decision and frustrating as it is you will not get anywhere by arguing. You cannot do anything about it and do not have to be given a reason. The same as if someone came to your home and wanted to come in and you don't want them in you won't let them in . You don't have to give a reason. The only thing you can do is show some respect and good manners and walk away. That way you have a good chance of being admitted in the future. As for your friend striking door staff well it's unacceptable and carries 6 months sentence,ask yourself is it really worth it.

And refusing people on the basis if their skin colour is illegal under the Race Relations Acts...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know, probably cos of the reason you already stated. But the bouncer sounds like a kn*b.
Reply 63
Original post by po10tial
Hi,

My cousin invited me to her party yesterday and it was a clubbing event. It was all nicely planned out, with cakes and so on.

Basically, I was working yesterday and came to the club 30 minutes later all of my other cousins and friends. When I was in the line, the manager or member of management asked me why I came so I explained that I came to a cousins party and that they were inside. I called my cousin and then she told him that I'm with him, so he said no problem, 'its a free entry for you'. I felt a bit happy, and so I got back in the line and queued up.

However, as soon as I approached the bouncers, the first thing they said was 'sorry, there's too many guys inside.' I kept telling them that the manager said that I was allowed in and so on and to my luck the people behind were a friend of my cousins and so they told the bouncer that I actually did come to a party.

To my suprise, I was refused entry. So what I did was, I stood outside the queue to wait until a few guys might get kicked out. However, a few minutes later 10 guys, and yes 10 guys were allowed in just like that. I then went back to the bouncer and said 'that's not fair, how comes you let 10 guys in and you won't let me in'? The bouncer was so rude that he imitated me and started laughing and his colleagues too were laughing.

It seemed apparent that the club had something against me. Basically, I don't drink or smoke, so I wasn't drunk when I was in the queue. Also I was very smartly dressed, and the fact that I was rejected just like that without good reason seems to me that the club are racist. I'm Asian and I noticed that black guys couldn't get in either.

My mate got kicked out of the club shortly after and he called for a fight with the bouncer, but the bouncer kept laughing. However, the bouncer wasn't laughing when my mate knocked the **** out of him. Because, I wasn't allowed in, literally 30 people left the club. These 30 were my closest people and I felt so guilty that I said that I would go home alone and told them to enjoy themselves. But they refused.

My question is, why was I refused entry for no apparent reason? Also when I spoke to the manager, he was being such a pussyhole and kept saying 'I don't know. I don't know.' I mean how could you not know, its your choice of who to let in and out.

you can do nothing mate, I am white and have been refused for no reason, its unlikely to do with your colour, bouncers are just mindless morons mostly who get power rushes
I'd just stick to weatherspoons that's what I'm gonna do now because nightclubs are getting on my nerves now with their over the top rules. I was with a hen party last night and a work colleague in her late 30's was refused entry without ID even though she looks over 25 and then when we went somewhere else I got kicked out because I was told that my ID was fake by one cocky bouncer who was arguing with 2 others who thought he was being ridiculous. I am stuck with my ID card for 10 years and if I get kicked out now what am I supposed to do when I'm pushing 30. I can't help the fact I have a young face :frown:
Absolutely nothing.

After all nightclubs are technically private that invite the public to use their service.

Also anyone who works for the club can refuse service/entry to you without reason asking as it isn't discrimination.
Reply 66
I just want to reassure you that it's not a racist thing nor a gender thing. I'm a 34 year old white female and I get refused entry to clubs all the time now. Most times (I will admit there was indeed a couple of times I was drunk) but most of the time I haven't been drunk (unless it's now possible to get drunk on water or cola now). I was appropriately dressed. There were no reasons. But I still get refused. I understand your feeling of being discriminated against as it's happened to me so many times. I even questioned the bouncer one time. "What's the reason?" I ask. He simply replied, "I don't have to give a reason." Do I look drunk or am I inappropriately dressed?" I asked. To which he himself replied, "no." So I have no idea of the reason. However, I don't agree that these issues are to be resolved with violence. It's those kinds of attitudes that cause wars. It also gives them more ammo to use against you if you should complain.
Firstly, I never dressed chavy.

How do you know or assume that I did?

I was wearing a shirt, tie, black trousers, a jumper and some black trainers for dancing

Quite a few clubs don't allow trainers. If you were wearing trainers and a jumper you probably didn't look right. Could be any reason though, I wouldn't let it have this much impact on your life tbh. Let it go my friend, let it go...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Laritia
I just want to reassure you that it's not a racist thing nor a gender thing. I'm a 34 year old white female and I get refused entry to clubs all the time now. Most times (I will admit there was indeed a couple of times I was drunk) but most of the time I haven't been drunk (unless it's now possible to get drunk on water or cola now). I was appropriately dressed. There were no reasons. But I still get refused. I understand your feeling of being discriminated against as it's happened to me so many times. I even questioned the bouncer one time. "What's the reason?" I ask. He simply replied, "I don't have to give a reason." Do I look drunk or am I inappropriately dressed?" I asked. To which he himself replied, "no." So I have no idea of the reason. However, I don't agree that these issues are to be resolved with violence. It's those kinds of attitudes that cause wars. It also gives them more ammo to use against you if you should complain.

Sounds like an age thing.
Original post by tehforum

this ^
Original post by tehforum

Perhaps TSR should observe a similar policy with respect to threads originating from 2013.
What's with people raising old threads back from the dead?
Reply 72
Laritia a bot?
Reply 74
Apologies for raising old post. I only saw and joined this last night. I didn't look at date. Lesson learned.
Hi,

My cousin invited me to her party yesterday and it was a clubbing event. It was all nicely planned out, with cakes and so on.

Basically, I was working yesterday and came to the club 30 minutes later all of my other cousins and friends. When I was in the line, the manager or member of management asked me why I came so I explained that I came to a cousins party and that they were inside. I called my cousin and then she told him that I'm with him, so he said no problem, 'its a free entry for you'. I felt a bit happy, and so I got back in the line and queued up.

However, as soon as I approached the bouncers, the first thing they said was 'sorry, there's too many guys inside.' I kept telling them that the manager said that I was allowed in and so on and to my luck the people behind were a friend of my cousins and so they told the bouncer that I actually did come to a party.

To my suprise, I was refused entry. So what I did was, I stood outside the queue to wait until a few guys might get kicked out. However, a few minutes later 10 guys, and yes 10 guys were allowed in just like that. I then went back to the bouncer and said 'that's not fair, how comes you let 10 guys in and you won't let me in'? The bouncer was so rude that he imitated me and started laughing and his colleagues too were laughing.

It seemed apparent that the club had something against me. Basically, I don't drink or smoke, so I wasn't drunk when I was in the queue. Also I was very smartly dressed, and the fact that I was rejected just like that without good reason seems to me that the club are racist. I'm Asian and I noticed that black guys couldn't get in either.

My mate got kicked out of the club shortly after and he called for a fight with the bouncer, but the bouncer kept laughing. However, the bouncer wasn't laughing when my mate knocked the **** out of him. Because, I wasn't allowed in, literally 30 people left the club. These 30 were my closest people and I felt so guilty that I said that I would go home alone and told them to enjoy themselves. But they refused.

My question is, why was I refused entry for no apparent reason? Also when I spoke to the manager, he was being such a pussyhole and kept saying 'I don't know. I don't know.' I mean how could you not know, its your choice of who to let in and out.

I'm so glad your friends left the club for you, proper friends right there. I don't know if you can do anything to be honest; especially as your friend punched the bouncer in the face. This happens all over the place from my experience, they usually use that excuse unless you're some attractive 6ft smartly dressed guy.

A lot of bouncers just like the power they have and many do abuse it. I was once on the street outside a club and a bouncer outside the line told me to move. Although I had no problem with moving I didn't like the way he asked me so I refused, saying that I was on a public street and he had no right to tell me to go anywhere. He pushed me (probably wanting a reaction to have an excuse to physically assault/ move me), I did nothing and he walked on. Technically he did physically assault me by pushing me.
(edited 8 years ago)
You can have a rant about it on TSR if you wish ...
Straight up racism. I'd make a big deal out of this post it all over their website and consider taking it further.
I am a door supervisor I can tell you why you didn't get in 🙂 It sounds like you are a **** you wasn't let in because they felt you was trouble and by what you said they couldn't have been more correct! Your friend apparently beat the doorman up? Haha we get a sense of who isn't welcome it comes with experience sounds like they did a great job. Gaining entry to a venue isn't a right don't forget that it's a privilege it's like a party at someone's house if they don't want you in because they don't like the look of you that's there prerogative stop being a little ***** get over it hang around with decent people dress properly have respect for people be nice and be sober and you will always get in to venues.
Bouncers have there own rules who comes in who doesn't 10 yrs ago me friend was ban frm bar in Manchester cause her boyfriend was doorman and he was playing round we got acc7sed hit bar woman that was load rubbish 10 years down lane still not allowed in barrogue in Manchester the manger knew me my friend frm club northernden Fridays still not allowed in till this day I dont get much but be nice just be able go for little dance all stuiped lies to save bouncer playing way frm home all wrong we ask speak to manger wasn't intrest all wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending