Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies - what's the weirdest and worst way a guy has approached you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    a man in a bar wearing an old grey tracksuite came up to me and said 'if i give you this lolly you have to do what i say and come home with me tonight.'
    i took the lolly, thanked him and walked away. only to be told for the night that he was looking for me by both my friends and strangers.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the train once and this guy kept on staring at me. When he was getting off the train he gave me a picture that he had drawn of me (which was ****) and told me to call him so he could draw me again some time.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. can't believe how stuck up some of the women seem in this thread. Sure you may not find these guys attractive, but it doesn't hurt to be friendly and appreciate the fact that they're showing admiration. If some weird unattractive girl tried to came onto me I wouldn't brush her off like some entitled ********. I would try and reject her in a witty and friendly manner.

(Original post by tu_es_jolie_x)
    I was on the train once and this guy kept on staring at me. When he was getting off the train he gave me a picture that he had drawn of me (which was ****) and told me to call him so he could draw me again some time.
    Jeez, give the guy a break, you expect a ****ing Mona Lisa within a train journey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    HAHA! I'm Asian and even I admit that place is full of desperate lads that would go for just about anyone as long as they're female. Stay well away.
    Literally on the bus the other day one guy went up to every female and asked if they were single and possible interested him. Didn't even try to make his desperation subtle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Wow.. can't believe how stuck up some of the women seem in this thread. Sure you may not find these guys attractive, but it doesn't hurt to be friendly and appreciate the fact that they're showing admiration. If some weird unattractive girl tried to came onto me I wouldn't brush her off like some entitled ********. I would try and reject her in a witty and friendly manner.

Jeez, give the guy a break, you expect a ****ing Mona Lisa within a train journey?
    No I expect him to not draw and stare at me on the train.

ReputationRep:
    No I expect him to not draw and stare at me on the train.
    It's kind of cute though. I'd be flattered if someone did that for me. Each to their own though I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the tram when a young lad asked me if I had a ticket, I said yes.

He then started talking about himself and where he lives etc (I didn't even ask)

Near my stop, he said 'I find you fit, can I get to know you.' (Meaning give me your number.... :?)

I said, erm I don't even know you man and No, I then ignored him. (LOL- I was so terrified!)

He said to me 'well I've said what I wanted to but the decision is yours now.' :P

I then got off the tram at my stop and he started following me, I stopped, he went ahead and kept looking back and grinning all the way down the road :/.

I was soo scared! It was well weird...

ReputationRep:
    One of the strangest was a guy grabbing me in a club then pulling his pants down in front of me, showing me his (very tiny) **** and saying "you know you want some of this!" I told him he was pathetic and it was nothing special :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    It's kind of cute though. I'd be flattered if someone did that for me. Each to their own though I guess.
    Not if you saw the picture you wouldn't be

ReputationRep:
    Not if you saw the picture you wouldn't be
    Hahaha was it really that bad?

ReputationRep:
    Got off the bus and another passenger who got off asked me out, I said no but he kept asking, saw the other bus that I needed to get and decided to run for it (across an A road) partly because I was in a rush and partly because I wanted to finally end the conversation. The guy chased me The bus drivers were changing so the bus ended up sitting there for ages but thankfully the guy crossed back over and went wherever he was going, ****ing creep.

(Original post by thatrollingstone)
    You're kidding right? Which of the posts are from stuck up women? Why should you be friendly and appreciative of someone who genuinely creeps you out/makes lame/pathetic jokes/sings random **** at you/follows/chases you/(shouts) insults (at) you when you turn them down?

Or maybe she just doesn't want a perfect stranger to stare at her, draw a picture of her and use it as a way of initiating a conversation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The*****Of96)
    I've had plenty of "freshies" (foreigners who have strong accents and are fairly new to the country) chat me up in their various usual ways, usually involving winks, stares or beeping car horns. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experienced this.
    I have experienced the same thing. I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    I get all the weirdos.

Scenario Number one:

Walking down the road with my mum,
    Guy who is about 40: CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER?
    Me and my mum: reporting to police.

Scenario Number two:
    I was walking down the hill from college, some random gardener whistles at me and says: Hello beautiful how are you?
    Me: IGNORES, KEEP WALKING, KEEP WALKING.

Scenario Number three:
    Random guy in club: Can I hug you?

errr what i don't know you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modalsoul)
    I get all the weirdos.

Scenario Number one:

Walking down the road with my mum,
    Guy who is about 40: CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER?
    Me and my mum: reporting to police.

Scenario Number two:
    I was walking down the hill from college, some random gardener whistles at me and says: Hello beautiful how are you?
    Me: IGNORES, KEEP WALKING, KEEP WALKING.

Scenario Number three:
    Random guy in club: Can I hug you?

errr what i don't know you.
    ok number one is weird. but the other two seriously i guarentee if you found either of the men attractive it would not have been weird. Im quite sure your the kind of girl who hates when horrible weird men start dancing behind her on the dance floor but.. if you find him attractive then its not weird hes a confident guy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL would be really funny if the "weird" guys you've all turned down could've been the perfect match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    A man come up to me saying what a beautiful woman I was and offered to buy me a drink.

I guess that's not weird but i am a boy :teehee:
    I just spat out my drink. That is hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy2252)
    ok number one is weird. but the other two seriously i guarentee if you found either of the men attractive it would not have been weird. Im quite sure your the kind of girl who hates when horrible weird men start dancing behind her on the dance floor but.. if you find him attractive then its not weird hes a confident guy :rolleyes:

Highly unlikely because I usually only get hit on by really old freshies or just freshies in general or really young teenyboppers. That's the extent of it, tbh. Normal guys do not approach women in this way, it's not the movies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, but i was once at a mates BBQ and his cousin (male) approached me, it wasn't weird because we were both guys, it would have been just as weird if i were a female.

I was away fro the group because i was smoking, sat on a wall, he came and sat next to me, lit up a cigarette for himself and put his hand on my leg.

Him: 'Where are you staying tonight?'
    Me: 'what? ...oh probably getting a taxi home'
    Him: 'You can stay at mine i just live on the next street'
    Me: (feeling a little uncomfortable) 'aww thanks man, but i got to get my contact lenses out or they'll hurt my eyes'
    Him: 'I have contact lens solution, you can stay at mine, but i only have one bed ... (staring at me with a smile) and one pillow...'
    Me: 'er, ahh no.. no i need to go home'
    Him: *whispering* 'Hey, you know, i really like you, we can have a good night'
    Me: 'Sorry man, I'm not gay'
    Him: 'Have you tried?'
    Me: 'no b-
    Him: 'So how can you say?'
    Me: *throw half smoked cigarette away* 'No sorry mate' *wander but to BBQ area not sure if that really just happened*

ReputationRep:
    HAHA this thread reminded me.

I was dancing with some friends in a packed nightclub, when I felt something pinch my arse. I looked to the right of me, and there was this guy standing there, with a neutral/creepy expression on his face just standing there completely still, staring at me. He pinched my arse a couple more times but he left eventually. I think I was too intoxicated to care :')

Don't think it was an approach though to be fair, he must have been ****ed sideways out his mind.

ReputationRep:
    A workman invited into our house on behalf of our landlord came on to my flatmate completely inappropriately like "you're so pretty", "you're so nice", "I like you" making her very uncomfortable and literally trapping her in one room of the house whenever possible "no don't leave me" until she literally had to hide away and be quite rude to him every time he came round. Having received this rejection, he literally did the same thing with me(!). Firstly his behaviour generally creepy/needy not to mention completely unprofessional and quite intrusive (in our own home), secondly he clearly has no standards (no offence to myself haha) I mean do you think you are going to attract someone when it is obvious you do the rounds with every girl? Fortunately he did get the message and back the hell off eventually, but what a misguided guy.

Another weird experience the guy who saw me doing work on the train, kept eyeing me up and said "nice" (wtf?) before taking it upon himself to sit right next to me (mostly empty train), engage me in a rather awkward, unwelcome and one-sided "conversation", offer me some of his lunch (no I don't want to share your sandwich!) and interrupting me continuously though I was clearly busy. He was literally like "excuse me" when he felt I wasn't paying enough attention. In the end I moved carriage for some peace and fortunately he didn't follow me!

There is also that really creepy thing where random dudes on the street/public transport give you the creepy looks before they're opening question "how old are you?" - this has literally happened countless times and I shudder to think at the reason for it. Is age really the first/only barrier they can imagine to us hooking up? Or worse, are they hoping I will give some young/naive age - because that's some kind of predatory turn on for them?

EDIT: Okay just remembered the weirdest one which is a guy on the bus who had a tiny graze on his hand, had just been chucked out of A&E for "wtf it's a tiny graze you moron" (although I'm sure worded more professionally than this), to be fair he wasn't too bitter about that, but randomnly engaged me in slightly creepy conversation (typical much-too-personal-for-a-complete-stranger questions: "how old are you", "do you have a boyfriend", "where do you live" with the creepy looks), me trying to change subject/ give the benefit of the doubt, mention bf etc - eventually this culminated in him asking me to come to his house and bathe his hand for him (after I suggested keeping it clean as the best thing he could do). He was literally like "I don't know how, I need you to help me, please come to my house. You can clean it, you are so nice and pretty. Where do you live etc". NO

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.