The Student Room Group

How many exams do you have? How are you preparing for it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just 3, lucky me! :biggrin:
Original post by alexandraa
9 exams
Realising how much maths I have to get through D:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

But Maths is awesome so it's alright? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
I have 13 GCSE Exams - Yes, no retakes.

I will start revising tomorrow like a maniac.

Jatz

Last year I had 25 gcse exams!

Original post by MathsNerd1
But Maths is awesome so it's alright? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see by your name that you are a bit of a maths boffin? :smile:

Yeah I absolutely love maths!!! Except statistics :wink: so I'm a bit nervous that I have quite a lot to go over

Reply 64
Original post by Imog
I have 8 exams (2 are AS retakes), and I'm preparing by sleeping until 10:30 when I aimed to get up at 8 to start revision, making notes, panicking that I've forgotten everything, panicking that I won't achieve ABB for university, giving up, and watching Game of Thrones.

But it's only the start of Easter, I'll probably get into a better routine in a few days. At least I hope so :smile:

Sounds like what I'm doing, apart from I need to get A*AA... :eek:
They do indeed as I don't really take much in from reading the information, at least this way I'm getting to the time constraints and the type of questions that could be asked. Also I have made a list really, it's just all in my head and I have a folder solely for Chemistry revision, it has about 50 past papers in and weighs a bloody tonne!! Can't wait to get through it all so I can never EVER do it again :tongue:

And thanks I'll probably need all the help I can get as I'm easily distracted and procrastinate a lot, like right now instead of doing the papers :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, definitely! Haha, I can imagine! ah same, I'm supposed to be making notes at the moment, I'm way too easily distracted! :s-smilie:
Original post by ysgytlaeth
1 History exam, two papers in 2 hours and a half.
:ahee:

A fi :smile:

Pa testun ti'n gwneud?

I have 3 exams, but one is like what ysgytlaeth said.

Haven't started revision yet.
Reply 67
I have 9 :smile:
3 Maths, 3 Chemistry, 2 General Studies and 1 Biology.
I don't plan to do anything for Gen Studies (who actually does?). I've not started biology much yet, I'm half way through one lot of chem resit revision, just finished the unit i'm on at school and still have one resit to look over. I haven't really started any maths but I have a lot planned for the next two weeks of holiday :tongue:
Somehow I need to work out how i'm paying for my 3 resits too.
I see by your name that you are a bit of a maths boffin? :smile:

Yeah I absolutely love maths!!! Except statistics :wink: so I'm a bit nervous that I have quite a lot to go over

Not really, just the first thing that came to mind really, as sad as that sounds :tongue:

And statistics isn't the nicest of Maths in my eyes, quite boring really, I much prefer the pure and mechanics any day but that could change at university :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I have 10- 5 Maths, 2 History, 2 Chemistry and 1 French

Started Maths by doing past papers and learning from mistakes

Past papers for history and making notes and consolidating my knowledge

Haven't started French and Chemistry fully yet, still got a while though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
25 GCSE Exams?! :O Wow! May I ask which subjects? :wink:
Do you know anyone in your school who got 11 A* at GCSE?

I have RE, 2 Spanish exams, English Language, 2 Literature exams, History, Sociology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and maybe 2 maths depending on my result in March.

Jatz

Yeah sure
2 maths
3 Russian
2 chem
3 bio
3 physics
2 eng lit
1 eng Lang
4 geography
2 ICT
3 Spanish

Yeah well a few of my friends got 10 A*s :smile: I got 8A*s and 2 As

Original post by Jatz07
I have 13 GCSE Exams - Yes, no retakes.

I will start revising tomorrow like a maniac.

Jatz

I have 13 A level exams. Go away. :redface:
Not really, just the first thing that came to mind really, as sad as that sounds :tongue:

And statistics isn't the nicest of Maths in my eyes, quite boring really, I much prefer the pure and mechanics any day but that could change at university :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not doing mechanics till next year but I like the cores so far :smile:

Original post by flyawayowl
Yeah, definitely! Haha, I can imagine! ah same, I'm supposed to be making notes at the moment, I'm way too easily distracted! :s-smilie:

Yeah I should be doing a past paper although I'm on here, however I am doing some questions with someone else at the same time so I guess it's not a total waste and I don't really like making notes as I can never read my handwriting afterwards so it just seems pointless for me to do it in the first place :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not doing mechanics till next year but I like the cores so far :smile:

I see well I'm sure you'll enjoy them as its meant to be very similar to physics even though I never took that and if you do FM then the core starts to get fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I liked physics last year so I hope I don't struggle with the concepts too much!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
9- 3 maths, 1 f.maths, 3 chem and 2 bio :cry2::cry2:
notes..notes...notes.. past papers..
MOVIESSSSS!!!:thumbsup:
Well I liked physics last year so I hope I don't struggle with the concepts too much!

For M1 and M2 you should be fine with concepts as I haven't taken physics past GCSE as a joint GCSE and I don't seem to struggle that much, the way I see it with mechanics is you actually have to think and understand what the question wants before doing anything, the actual Maths part is very simple and straightforward, just abit of algerbraic manipulation and some simultaneous equations, unless I'm mistaken. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For M1 and M2 you should be fine with concepts as I haven't taken physics past GCSE as a joint GCSE and I don't seem to struggle that much, the way I see it with mechanics is you actually have to think and understand what the question wants before doing anything, the actual Maths part is very simple and straightforward, just abit of algerbraic manipulation and some simultaneous equations, unless I'm mistaken. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not doing m2, I only took maths and so I'm only doing c1 c2 c3 c4 s1 m1
That sounds perfect!

Reply 79
Ahhh I have 6 exams, 3 are retakes from Jan.
Bio F211 (retake)
Bio F212
Chem F331 (retake)
Chem F332
Psychology A1 (retake)
Psychology A2

By tomorrow hopefully all my revision for F211 will be done :biggrin:
F331 I want to finish by the end of the week.
PSYA1 I also want to finish by the end of the week.
That gives me two months to revise all the Unit 2 stuff :biggrin:
How many hours a day do you guys do? From tomorrow im going to be at the library from 10 till like 6, and obviously having an hour lunch break so thats going to be minus procrastinating time... 6 hours or so :/ is that enough do you think? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest