The Student Room Group

Guys name 5 things you look for in a girl

Scroll to see replies

????

I'm pretty much more or less fulfill the above criteria. Of course, assuming my looks improve in the next few years... I really don't see why I'm so unattractive to boys.
Reply 61
My ideal lady would

i) enjoy playing chess
ii) have a slight squint
iii) speak French and Greek
iv) be very wealthy
v) be a real shag-bag
Reply 62
Original post by siwelmail
lolwut?

It was an attempt at a joke, i'm not sure it came off though :lol:
Reply 63
Original post by im so academic
????

I'm pretty much more or less fulfill the above criteria. Of course, assuming my looks improve in the next few years... I really don't see why I'm so unattractive to boys.

Do you have anything better to do ? Rather than seek attention.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Guitarded
1) Decent interests/hobbies/passion. If your main interests are anything remotely similar to watching Eastenders, shopping for handbags or reading OK!, you can forget it. I like a girl who will stay interested when I ramble on about stuff about psychology or wildlife or whatever :biggrin:

2) Decent looks. By this I mean, you take care of yourself (not a fat munter), and don't plaster yourself in make-up.

3) Fun and positive. Can take a joke, doesn't get moody over little things.

4) Intelligence and open-mindedness. The ability to think for oneself.

5) Honesty :smile:

I don't watch Eastenders or read OK!, but I do love handbags and shopping and I am intellegent.

Would you really not date me because I like shopping?
Original post by RachaelBee
Women with more than 2 boobs are a rarity.

I can wait for that special lady to come along.:colondollar:
Intelligence - not necessarily straights A*s and a PhD from Cambridge but a sharp wit is always a plus.

Humour - life, certainly in my opinion, would be very dull without it.

Looks - inevitable point really. You can have the best personality in the world but there has to be some sexual spark.

Compatible views/ lifestyle etc. - although of course I am not expecting, nor looking, for someone with the exact same philosophies and views as myself but definitely not someone where we would spend all day arguing over politics etc.

je ne said quoi - there is just that unknown variable which can take an attractive girl up a level from merely attractive to ever present in day dreams.

(I know you said five but an additional point is 'mother/ wife material' depending on what I am looking for, of course.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cll_ws
I like jeans, have they been banished from the female world and replaced with leggings? Do shops even sell them anymore?

The day they stop selling womens jeans half of my wardrobe will no longer be of any use to me! that being said I am wearing leggings with a dress right now because its too cold for tights
Reply 68
1) Someone who can take my sense of humor and not get offended by the rude comments i tend to make without knowing :P
2)Someone who has humor and is free going and isn't so serious. I'v asked a few girls, "Why so serious?!"
3)Beautiful, beauty can be defined in many ways :smile:
4)Smart enough to just keep a conversation going without it turning to awkward silences...
5) Someone who you can take to about everything and don't need to hold back :smile:
Original post by MantaRey
1) Personality - Frigid and negative people are not desirable. Personally I like people who are (publicly) somewhat reserved but still friendly and approachable.
2) Smart- A sharp mind is always a good thing.
3) Looks - A girl should look presentable and imo have a "natural" look without fake nails, fake hair color, fake contacts, fake tan, excessive make-up etc.
4) Fun- Nobody wants to be around a killjoy. A girl should be fun to be around and not take things too seriously.
5) Confidence - Somebody who can stand up for themselves in the face of criticism earns my respect.

Tbh I've never even been in a relationship though and I'm 24 and the only girls I've asked out flat out said "No!", so perhaps my standards are too high or I'm just some hideous spawn.

You look for confidence in a girl yet you think you may be some "hideous spawn"? Have confidence in yourself and tell yourself that you're not hideous. :biggrin:
Original post by Jacob :)
I can wait for that special lady to come along.:colondollar:

Keep dreaming, lads.
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
Keep dreaming, lads.

I'd settle for just two boobs.

But she has to like Star Wars. That's a deal breaker. :smile:
Original post by Cll_ws
It was an attempt at a joke, i'm not sure it came off though :lol:

Yeah, i thought so lol
Reply 73
Original post by C.M.182
1. Looks - I'll be honest, looks are the most important. Anyone who says it isn't is lying.

Definitely don't agree: important yes but most important no, and I'm not lying :tongue:
Reply 74

I've always wanted somebody to watch all six movies with me, right through in one day, but i've never found anybody cool enough
Original post by the bear
My ideal lady would

i) enjoy playing chess
ii) have a slight squint
iii) speak French and Greek
iv) be very wealthy
v) be a real shag-bag

I have one of these things...

...it's the slight squint,
Original post by Cll_ws
I've always wanted somebody to watch all six movies with me, right through in one day, but i've never found anybody cool enough

I'll stick to the original trilogy thanks. Original versions.

*ahem* Han shot first.
1) Smart - Can't have a decent conversation if you've got little between the ears.
2) Personality - Don't have to be a party girl (in fact that's not usually a plus), but to be approachable and chatty is lovely. So long as that "chatty-ness" is not only reserved for reality-tv shows and the latest gossip (see no. 1)
3) Fitness - I'm physically fit and active, no intention of dating a fatty.
4) Face - Don't have to be the next top model, but I'd rather you not look anything like Sue-Bo. Eye's are something I find attractive.
5) Boobs - I like boobs. However, see no. 3, boobs on fatties don't count.

Probably in that order, but not necessarily.

My 73 year old neighbour likes Star Wars. I'll let her know if you're interested :tongue:. For the record, Star Wars is awesome.
Original post by Guitarded
1) Decent interests/hobbies/passion. If your main interests are anything remotely similar to watching Eastenders, shopping for handbags or reading OK!, you can forget it. I like a girl who will stay interested when I ramble on about stuff about psychology or wildlife or whatever :biggrin:

2) Decent looks. By this I mean, you take care of yourself (not a fat munter), and don't plaster yourself in make-up.

3) Fun and positive. Can take a joke, doesn't get moody over little things.

4) Intelligence and open-mindedness. The ability to think for oneself.

5) Honesty :smile:

I am so glad that there are men out there too who ramble on about decent things they're passionate about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending