Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    I totally understand, but people with 6+ are either resitting or take exams which contain lots of modules. I had to put up with coursework!

I never plan say, for example, how many hours to do a day. I usually make a tick list for what to do everyday. And I've for some reason not even managed that this year. Last year for AS I was top notch with all this. I reckon it's partly due to driving lessons and a new job I've got but still no excuse. PS- got my revision books infront of me but not starting making notes :/
    I haven't started my notes yet, I'm reading through all the content again as background knowledge for when I come to do my notes, this worked for me in January.

ReputationRep:
    I don't base revision on hours, I base it on chapters of the book. I'm going to aim to be doing at least 2 chapters in depth each day for 2 exams. I have 6 exams in total

ReputationRep:
    So far zero, but i'm working on it. I have to psych myself up for it. Tomorrow WILL be my day. ugh don't you just detest revsion? it sucks all the interest out of what we have to learn, which is already minimal.

ReputationRep:
    5 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    I am abroad on holiday, and I do 3hours in the morning, 3 hours in the evening. Which at the moment adds up to doing 2.5 past papers a day, but should really be 4. I do Maths and Further Maths, so FP2 papers are just a pain. Either-way I still have time to go out during the day and have a bit of fun.

Good luck everyone

(Please quote if you want me to reply)

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm so confused with revision right now. I managed to finish all my biology notes so I planned to do some past papers tomorrow and chemistry notes but I don't know whether or not this is efficient as I burned out during January exams so I need to revise better this Easter. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    The X factor oh wow haha My days off are the weekend, gives me something to look forward to when I'm revising, acts as a motivational factor to revise, (I have the evenings off too!) I also tend to get up early and start early so that I get my revision for the day finished at around 3 or 4 pm.
    Ah wow, that's great! Early riser like me Or I used to be...now I'm waking up at around 10 and not starting till 12! It's so weird!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with xxm above and other users, I set targets not hours. Sometimes those targets will take 2 hours to achieve, and other days 6 or 7 hours but I don't mind how long it takes as long as I get them done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronLee)
    11 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    11 hours?? :O

ReputationRep:
    I get 5 hours of work done a day.

Work for 25 mins, take a 5 minute break. Repeat.

Take an hour or so break in between just so you don't lose concentration levels.

Anyone who 'works' for 8 hours a day is just kidding themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveslinus)
    6 a day, plus I'm doing 6 pages a day from each of my maths textbooks, but that only takes 30 mins. I have 7 exams.
    How do you do 6 hours ? 2 blocks of 3 ?

When ever I try to revise for 2 hours or more I get hungry or get stuck go on the internet to find answers start procrasinating

ReputationRep:
    9exams, I revise at least 5 or 4 of them per day so around 9hours or so

ReputationRep:
    people on here are dedicated , i spend all day procrastinating until i get enough motivation to do the past papers on the table, but end up tired because its late.

ReputationRep:
    17 Exams!
    Haven't started yet so 0 hours, I'm so going to dread results day as I have no motivation to revise, I really should start but have no motivation at all!

ReputationRep:
    I set targets. For example today I did notes for 3 units of Psychology + I went out.
    On Wednesday and Thursday I am not going out and I plan to finish all 14 units of Psych.

The rest of my holiday is planned out similarly so that I finish all my revision and notes for all of my subjects, and still have time to go out every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    I have 6 exams and I do about 6-7 hours in the Library a day.

I've been going to the library so much in the past months that I'm starting to recognise loads of other 'studiers' aha

ReputationRep:
    I set targets of what I want to get done rather than time limits.

ReputationRep:
    The plan is to do 5 hours a day (a school day). I have 17 exams

ReputationRep:
    Aiming for 8 hours a day, but I get about 5 hours of revision done. 1 hour work then 20min break usually turns into 1 hour work, 1 hour break. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    I'm planning to do 13 hrs each day
    Because sleep deprivation is the route to exam success...?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.