Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This government is ramming through cuts as it knows it wont win next election!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I did. You were implying capitalism was the problem. I highlighted that it's because of capitalism we can afford a welfare bill. You disagreed. What are you advocating?
    I was saying that because of the internal logic of capitalism it is prone to crisis. I did not disagree that it was because of capitalism that we can afford the welfare bill, in fact I agreed with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    What do you think is the alternative? Spend yet more money we don't have? Bury our heads in the sand and acquire unlimited amounts of debt which will take decades to repay?
    Repay the debt? HAHAHAHA good one even the Conservatives don't want to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    Exactly its the delusional thinking of this man that is more scary he probably believes his going to win looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooool when he probably has internal polls telling him otherwise his toast trust me. PEOPLE DON'T FORGET and these cuts will be biting within the next two years
    Aren't you depending on people to forget about the thirteen years Labour was in office? And aren't you depending on them to ignore places like Greece?

ReputationRep:
    Well they have promised us a referendum on the EU. And by the time the elections come round the economy would've picked up significantly and they would've reduced the deficit. So don't right them off just yet.They've won me over.
    You honestly believe that the economy will have picked up by 2015, which by the way they deliberately made this a 5 year parliament so they could try and extended their term as much as possible as they probably knew it will be over for them and none of them will ever be in power ever again. Look most of these NASTY cuts take affect in the next two years. People don't forget that easily ask Scotland lool they are still punishing the tories for their 80's cuts lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    Why do you keep saying "looooool"?
    I keep saying "looooool", because i can't believe that Mr cameron is that stupid to actually believe he has any chance in the next general election especially if he could not get a overall majority in 2010 when every single indicator was in his favor smh NOT GOOD NEWS FOR CONSERVATIVES

ReputationRep:
    Well they have promised us a referendum on the EU. And by the time the elections come round the economy would've picked up significantly and they would've reduced the deficit. So don't right them off just yet.They've won me over.
    A referendum in 2017??? :confused::confused::confused: are you having a laugh?? Do you honestly believe that will win over conservatives who are going to vote for UKIP IN MASS lool well good luck with that argument to you're fellow conservatives who want a referendum now.

ReputationRep:
    I keep saying "looooool", because i can't believe that Mr cameron is that stupid to actually believe he has any chance in the next general election especially if he could not get a overall majority in 2010 when every single indicator was in his favor smh NOT GOOD NEWS FOR CONSERVATIVES
    The election is is still a while yet, much can change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    One of the major reasons was that it required the Tories to be 8% ahead to have a majority of 1.
    Well that is a damming indictment on the conservative message. If he was really popular he would have own a landslide but he did not. He was up against a man who NO one voted for who was extremely unpopular and the economy was in a mess all good indicators leading to a victory but his message did not resonate he tried every tactic in the book trying to come across as a compassionate conservative who cared for the poor lool which is laughable, but it did not work people saw through that and voted tactically.

Mr Cameron is the typical conservative people are scared of look what happened to Mit Romney he is identical to David Cameron as in the backgrounds and people vote for a person they can relate to and as most people in the UK and USA are poor to lower middle class, you can not win elections as a typical conservative anymore its gone especially in the western world have a look at this article http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-lose-1427861

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    The election is is still a while yet, much can change.
    No Boundary changes etc. The election is over but trust me Labor will not get complacent. What exactly is going to change that will help Cameron when most of the cuts take affect within the next two years??

ReputationRep:
    How exactly have they been distributed unfairly?
    The Bedroom Tax, where there is a shortage of 1 person houses. Tax cuts on the upper scale but rises in living costs. Cuts to housing benefit, incapacity and JSA while little is done to close loopholes in tax avoidance. Freeze on public sector wages and removing the public sector pension scheme. On top of this privatisation of the health service, which is a quick buck in exchange for long term ruin. With me so far?

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to explain that.
    The present capitalist system is mainly driven by profit and private interests. Their raison d'etre is not to create employment but to generate maximum profits. Add oversight and scarcity to this mixture and you have greater unemployment than you would otherwise. Corporations hire few people but get them to "go the extra mile". Minimum hands, maximum effort.

I, myself, have done the job of two people without change in pay. My mother is a nurse and she feels like she is doing way too much for the wage she gets. My brother drives the trains, and he now feels stressed and overworked for the pay he gets. This is what I hear from many people now.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to explain that.
    The greedy fat pigs of the baby boomer generation exporting jobs for more more more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bootyhole)
    The greedy fat pigs of the baby boomer generation exporting jobs for more more more.

As will our generation if its cheaper to do it abroad than it is here.

on a more positive point though, due to rising salaries in places like china. These jobs are being resourced back.

http://www.economist.com/news/specia...ng-back-united

Now whats the bet we'll have to fill those new manufacturing jobs with immigrant labour as our own workforce will choose not to get their hands dirty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    The present capitalist system is mainly driven by profit and private interests. Their raison d'etre is not to create employment but to generate maximum profits. Add oversight and scarcity to this mixture and you have greater unemployment than you would otherwise. Corporations hire few people but get them to "go the extra mile". Minimum hands, maximum effort.

I, myself, have done the job of two people without change in pay. My mother is a nurse and she feels like she is doing way too much for the wage she gets. My brother drives the trains, and he now feels stressed and overworked for the pay he gets. This is what I hear from many people now.

Your brother is a true union man after more money. Nothing more, nothing less. It's because of people like your brother feeling stressed about doing a job that all the jobs went abroad. They out priced themselves through union driven greed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    The Bedroom Tax, where there is a shortage of 1 person houses. Tax cuts on the upper scale but rises in living costs. Cuts to housing benefit, incapacity and JSA while little is done to close loopholes in tax avoidance. Freeze on public sector wages and removing the public sector pension scheme. On top of this privatisation of the health service, which is a quick buck in exchange for long term ruin. With me so far?

You'll have to explain that to me again. Bedroom tax is a reduction in benefits for people living in houses that are too big. If they want to live there its only far that they don't expect somebody else to foot the bill.

tax avoidance loopholes are being closed.

nobody is privatising the nhs. Elements of the service delivery are being outsourced as they offer better value for money.

regards your pension scheme. Have a look at the private sector and try and find a final salary pension scheme. They hardly exist as the private sector can't get the tax payer to make up the huge funding shortfall each year.

ReputationRep:
    A referendum in 2017??? :confused::confused::confused: are you having a laugh?? Do you honestly believe that will win over conservatives who are going to vote for UKIP IN MASS lool well good luck with that argument to you're fellow conservatives who want a referendum now.
    You're a UKIP supporter, I presume...?

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to explain that to me again. Bedroom tax is a reduction in benefits for people living in houses that are too big. If they want to live there its only far that they don't expect somebody else to foot the bill.

tax avoidance loopholes are being closed.

nobody is privatising the nhs. Elements of the service delivery are being outsourced as they offer better value for money.

regards your pension scheme. Have a look at the private sector and try and find a final salary pension scheme. They hardly exist as the private sector can't get the tax payer to make up the huge funding shortfall each year.
    If you think the government is really going after the corporations, explain why their deal with Switzerland, proudly will "apparently" only reclaim £1.2 billion a year. This when the industry is itself worth £35billion a year. Osborne talks about closing loopholes but I can't see any significant changes coming at all.

The problem with the NHS privatisation is that they only go after the quick and easy ones. To give you an example, if say, taking blood, costs the NHS £100, but in reality costs £75. A private company, might come in and say they can do it for £95. "Great" you say. But what this means then is that all £20 of profit, goes into shareholders hands. As opposed to the £10 or £15 profit from the NHS, that goes back into the health care system and is made available for other services. Also, profit driven health care, cannot possibly compete in terms of quality of care. Profits mean FEWER tests, LESS time in a bed. Less value as a patient.

About the housing, they're being cut very soon, giving them no time to move, (plus moving expenses of course) also what about the shortage of 1 person houses, issues with the disabled, soldiers, carers, single parents etc.

As for final salary, yes, that's something that could be addressed at the UPPER quadrant, the higher earners. Private sector for the same job paid more, thus public sector deserve better pensions, since they are giving in higher pension contributions.

ReputationRep:
    You honestly believe that the economy will have picked up by 2015, which by the way they deliberately made this a 5 year parliament so they could try and extended their term as much as possible as they probably knew it will be over for them and none of them will ever be in power ever again. Look most of these NASTY cuts take affect in the next two years. People don't forget that easily ask Scotland lool they are still punishing the tories for their 80's cuts lool

What nasty cuts?

and yes, many in Scotland have never forgiven the torys..... Although that's the line, most people now don't actually know what they're talking about. It's gone to tribal voting lines. You vote for who your parents voted for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    If you think the government is really going after the corporations, explain why their deal with Switzerland, proudly will "apparently" only reclaim £1.2 billion a year. This when the industry is itself worth £35billion a year. Osborne talks about closing loopholes but I can't see any significant changes coming at all.

The problem with the NHS privatisation is that they only go after the quick and easy ones. To give you an example, if say, taking blood, costs the NHS £100, but in reality costs £75. A private company, might come in and say they can do it for £95. "Great" you say. But what this means then is that all £20 of profit, goes into shareholders hands. As opposed to the £10 or £15 profit from the NHS, that goes back into the health care system and is made available for other services. Also, profit driven health care, cannot possibly compete in terms of quality of care. Profits mean FEWER tests, LESS time in a bed. Less value as a patient.

About the housing, they're being cut very soon, giving them no time to move, (plus moving expenses of course) also what about the shortage of 1 person houses, issues with the disabled, soldiers, carers, single parents etc.

As for final salary, yes, that's something that could be addressed at the UPPER quadrant, the higher earners. Private sector for the same job paid more, thus public sector deserve better pensions, since they are giving in higher pension contributions.

Before you start banging on about the ills of privatisation. Do done research on british nationalised industry. That's the joys of privatisation, it drives through efficiency and cost savings to generate profit. Nationalisation in the uk never has and never will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    What do you think is the alternative? Spend yet more money we don't have? Bury our heads in the sand and acquire unlimited amounts of debt which will take decades to repay?
    Nope,

The answer is to engage in more illegal wars with our mummy America, and to spend more and more on war.

Oh, and charge students 9000 a year in tuition fee's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.