Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most out of place object in your room right now? watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Eh no actually it's not, because A) a snake is a wild animal, it might be born in a domesticated environment, but it is still a wild animal and hence belongs in the wild. The fact that you admit it is not native to the uk and would die proves my point that it should have been in the wild in it's native climate. And B) your analogy is false because a dog is a domesticated species of animal. The dog species is an animal derived from a wild ancestor, the wolf. A dog doesn't belong in the wild because it is purely that, a dog i.e. an non wild animal.
    How is a snake that has never known the wild a wild animal? He has never had to hunt, he will never have to find a mate, he'll never have to hibernate. He comes to the glass when I come into the room - he's pretty ****ing domesticated. He isn't missing out, at all. In fact, captive snakes live longer and more of their children survive to adulthood.

How exactly is he a wild animal, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    He isn't missing out, at all. In fact, captive snakes live longer and more of their children survive to adulthood.

Wasn't gunna interupt but that argument is ridiculous. Just because they live longer in captivity doesn't mean its the better option ...

Anyway, op - most out of place object in my room would probably be my Tinkerbell doll (:ninja:) or my miniature lantern.

ReputationRep:
    A TSR brand mug with username and full name on it.

Present in Xmas 2011 from the admins.

(Original post by CAElite)
    Err a set of 20" alloys from a BMW that I can't seem to sell. And a lawnmower (dont ask) other than that my rooms pretty tidy. About athe month ago i had a whole cg13 engine from a micra on my coffee table and part of its gearbox assembly but my mother didn't stop complaining once for the whole week that I had it there
    I've had motorbikes in the house but not my bedroom before...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Wasn't gunna interupt but that argument is ridiculous. Just because they live longer in captivity doesn't mean its the better option ...
    How so? He's never known the wild and never will. He'll live longer (fingers crossed) and have a much easier life. It would not be a good option for a snake born in the wild - that's cruel - but since he's completely used to humans and always has been, you really don't have an argument. I've yet to see someone actually come up with a reason why I should not have him.

ReputationRep:
    How is a snake that has never known the wild a wild animal? He has never had to hunt, he will never have to find a mate, he'll never have to hibernate. He comes to the glass when I come into the room - he's pretty ****ing domesticated. He isn't missing out, at all. In fact, captive snakes live longer and more of their children survive to adulthood.

If a lion is born and bred in captivity, never hunts, never makes a pride, is in contact with other animals it would normaly see as prey, it is still a lion. Lions as a species are still a wild animals. The same goes for your snake, it may have been born in captivity but it is still a snake, snakes are still wild animals.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    If a lion is born and bred in captivity, never hunts, never makes a pride, is in contact with other animals it would normaly see as prey, it is still a lion. Lions as a species are still a wild animals. The same goes for your snake, it may have been born in captivity but it is still a snake, snakes are still wild animals.
    Considering how far a lion would roam in comparison to a rather cowardly breed of snake, I don't think they're anymore comparable than my dog analogy was. But Hell, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to my snake. Have a good weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Considering how far a lion would roam in comparison to a rather cowardly breed of snake, I don't think they're anymore comparable than my dog analogy was. But Hell, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to my snake. Have a good weekend.
    Absolute rubbish, how far an animal roams doesn't determine how wild it is. It doesn't matter if a snake roams 100 miles or 1 meter, it is still a wild species.

Also I already explained why a comaprison of a snake and a dog is false, because a dog is not a wild animal. Dogs were created to be dosmestic, the species is domestic. Your snake is a species that is wild, it's just your particular one happens to have been bred in captivity. Trying to justify your point by comparing a wild species (snake) with a non-wild species (dog) is false. However, comparing a wild species (lion) with an equally wild species (snake) isn't false.

ReputationRep:
    There's a diving mask and snorkel on the top of my bookcase which I haven't found a place for yet since I got a new wardrobe and had to clear the old one out

ReputationRep:
    lots of bear factory bears, stuffed animals, princess jasmine doll, princess belle doll, 2 ft rabbit (from winnie the pooh), 5ft giant cuddly brown dog ...

I'm almost 21.

ReputationRep:
    Either my globe or my dildo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    A TSR brand mug with username and full name on it.

Present in Xmas 2011 from the admins.

I've had motorbikes in the house but not my bedroom before...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hehe im still living with my folks at the moment so I dont have the luxury of puting my **** everywhere without people touching / moving them, thank god I have a lock on my on my bedroom door.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    A unicycle

ReputationRep:
    comparing a wild species (snake) with a non-wild species (dog) is false.
    An animal is only considered wild when it lives in the wild. Snakes have been kept as pets in Britain for about a hundred years and the only reason that's not longer is because we couldn't sufficiently heat tanks for them. All animals were once wild. Dogs have evolved from wolves simply because humans have bread them to give them different features. A wolf is surely considered a "wild" animal however now that we've bread it to have cute floppy ears, called it a dog and taught it to sit it's not considered wild. Can the same not go for snakes? Snakes are just earlier on the pet breeding chain in the UK currently. Dogs are considered livestock in some cultures on par with cows and pigs, bread for meat. Can you clearly state what you mean by "wild" and "not wild" to mop this up because I believe a wild animal is undomesticated and lives in the wild. Snakes have been domesticated and live in artificial environments.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by chernid)
    Years ago I bought an M&M dispenser in the shape of the yellow M&M from the adverts. I probably just bought it because it came with a packet of M&M, which I know makes no sense.

Anyway, it's still sitting next to my bed on the top of my shelfy storage place, and it looks weird. Nothing else fits in it, like chewing gum or other sweets.
    I have the blue one . Even more out of place than that is probably my bike.

ReputationRep:
    A really old musket that my great Grandad found on his farm

ReputationRep:
    A French horn... I've never bought one and I don't know where this one came from :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have a framed photo of Grumpy cat in my living room. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rump Steak)
    Title says it all really! It can be anything from mango peel to a traffic cone!

For me, it's a (not very interesting) laundry basket lying on its side. I don't even know how it got there. :dontknow: But I've just accepted it as part of the furniture
    Probably me, seeing as I don't count as furniture or anything to do with studying materials, and I'm hopefully the only animal in my room right now! (Excluding bacteria etc).

Or I guess the switch for the bathroom towel radiator being in my room because it's on the other side of the wall...but it's built in so don't know if that counts.

Ooh there's also a rock, but it works as quite a good bookend...

I have a miniature disco ball attatched to my ceiling, in full spinning order, complete with a colour-changing light that points at it...but it's a bit neglected nowadays.

My room isn't really messy, so there's not that much out of place. Surely there's other teenagers out there with tidy rooms like me???

Maybe the wierdest thing is that nothing is out of place? I really don't know haha

ReputationRep:
    Probably some Mayonnaise, they should really be in the fridge but my housemates have filled it up.

ReputationRep:
    Small collection of shells/stones/semi precious gems in a jar on my windowsill.
    tangled pile of earphones that I found when I came home and haven't mustered the energy to untangle and sort them yet.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.