Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyman interview

Punk interview

Dolph interview

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unfortunately the surprises may not be all that great apart from an Orton heel turn (Cena won't be turning... or will he?)

Looks great tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yeah unfortunately the surprises may not be all that great apart from an Orton heel turn (Cena won't be turning... or will he?)

Looks great tbh.
    That actually looks really good

ReputationRep:
    Where can I watch this online on sunday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    Where can I watch this online on sunday?
    PM me on the night, and everyone else who wants a link. But please before 11.30pm. I'm expecting a pizza at 11.45 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    PM me on the night, and everyone else who wants a link. But please before 11.30pm. I'm expecting a pizza at 11.45 :coma:
    Sir yes sir, by the way, what time does it start?

ReputationRep:
    Midnight. Pre-show at 11pm (on YouTube).

ReputationRep:
    Midnight

ReputationRep:
    Midnight. Pre-show at 11pm (on YouTube).
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Midnight
    Cheers

I remember the thrill back when I used to love wrestling, thinking it was real. Still find it interesting, but now it's gone pretty predictable. Obviously it's a business. So the Rock won the last WM against Cena. They will make Cena win this one. Mark my words, and so they will have another finaliser in another main event to get views and money.

Nevertheless, still looking forward to seeing the match. btw.. how many times has undertaker versed CMP?

ReputationRep:
    Pizza? That's an invitation for the WWE Society - guys go to his house! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will be ordering it because it's WrestleMania and I've watched every one of the 28 previous events, not because I'm that interested in the show. This has to be one of the worst storyline build-ups and most predictable set of matches for any Mania, ever. With that said there's plenty of matches that should be good in spite of the horrible writing.

Predictions:

John Cena def. The Rock - Obviously, and the crowd will rightfully crap all over Cena winning the belt because NY is an intelligent market when it comes to wrestling fans. Rock won last year, Cena wins this one and then the rubber match at Mania next year in New Orleans. Boy, I can't wait to not watch that one.

Undertaker def. CM Punk - The streak has to continue. It should never end, and it will never end. That's fine, I just hope this is a good match. They're both great wrestlers but their previous matches with each other have seen a major clash of styles that just doesn't click.

Triple H def. Brock Lesnar - Another obvious one. HHH's career on the line makes no sense since he's the COO and could just reverse it anyway, and also because he basically IS retired and cut a speech about how he had to come back for one more match for revenge. Watch out for Vince coming down and beating up Heyman too.

Alberto Del Rio def. Jack Swagger - This is maybe the one match where they might deviate from the obvious but I can't see it. The Swagger character is good, with Zeb Colter, but it's a very one note gimmick that'll run dry pretty quick. I wouldn't mind seeing him get the belt, but he won't.

The Shield def. Random Face Team - Another example of really ****ty booking. Big Show spent months bullying Del Rio and now suddenly he's decided he's a good guy. Meh, whatever. I hope the Shield win, and I think they probably will just to avoid having the good guys win every main match.

Fandango def. Chris Jericho - It'll be a good match because Jericho can have a good match with anybody. Fandango has to win because it's his first match and they've been building him up for months. The gimmick sucks though, I almost certainly won't care about any of this long term.

Ryback def. Mark Henry - Henry is by far the better of the two, but WWE seem to have a thing for Ryback so he'll win. It should be a good big man brawl though.

I literally couldn't care any less about the other two matches so I'm not going to bother commenting on them. A very weak show this year going in, I'm going in with very low expectations I just hope it ends up better than it looks on paper.

ReputationRep:
    My Predictions for tommorow night:

The Rock (c) vs John Cena - Having Cena return to championship status, to have the hero accomplish his goal, is the kind of story WWE has told before. Perhaps the company finds a way to tell it in a surprising way, but it should end with the same result—Cena saying, "The champ is here!"

The Undertaker vs CM Punk - 21-0 I've explained my rationales 10000 times before.

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar - REVENGE!!!

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Jack Swagger - If it wasn't for The DUI arrest then we probabaly would have been seeing Swagger as the new champ but especially with Bruno Sammartino's HOF induction the night before ( a man with a objection to wellness-policy breachers), it looks like Del Rio will get the win. Swagger's buzz has died down as well. The Colter-Beck fued has dissolved and taken a back seat to the taker-punk story. Swagger just doesn't have that high level of momentum for the title.

Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Big Show vs The Shield - this trio has been dominat with it's cohesion and attacking style plus Orton, Sheamus and Show can't really manage to stay on the same page. Justice will prevail!! The Sheild will be the beneficary of it's opponents dysfunction.

Ryback vs Mark Henry - this will be the catalyst for Ryback's momentum regain, Mark has been destructive for so long that a loss will not hurt him much and this match will certainly change the career trajectory of Ryback.

Team Hell No (c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston - I don't have a particular reason for this choice, could go either way but I just expect the champs to retain.

Chris Jericho vs Fandango - Y2J needs to win but at the same time make Fandango look strong and solid in the ring with him

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins - Obvious isnt it?

Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz - Wade hasn't had many opportunitieis to defend his belt, he'll likely hold onto the gold for a little longer. The Barret Barrage will continue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SportsFan)
    Huge CM Punk fan here, however I want the undertaker to win!

My Predictions - Winners in bold

Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz - Unbeaten streak not ready to be ended yet, I can see it going into the double figures!
    The Miz doesn't technically have an undefeated streak at WM according to the record books. He lost at WM25 with John Morrison against the Colon's (Carlito and Primo) in a lumberjack tag team match. That was also on the pre-show of that event, like how Barret-Miz will also be a dark match airing before the actual show. Plus, Miz' first wrestlemania appearance was at WM24 in which he was part of a 20 man battle royal for the ECW title no.1 contendership
    (won by Kane) which took place on the pre-show and the Miz was indeed eliminated. Although to be fair, he was never as a big as a superstar as he is today during those days and ironically back then, he was probably the most ''must-NOT-see superstar''.

ReputationRep:
    Hall of Fame report

Spoiler:
    Show
    - Terry Funk is out first to induct Mick Foley. Funk says Foley is the reason he's a wrestling fan and he loves him like an ugly brother. Foley comes out a nice reaction from the crowd.

CM Punk was holding up a big "applause" sign in the front row when Foley came out. Foley talks about his famous Hell In a Cell match and how wrestlers didn't like his style but recognized his passion. Foley gives a shout-out to Damien Sandow. Foley thanks The Undertaker and says Taker put him on the map. He jokes about hoping that Taker never uses Twitter. He also thanks Triple H, Shane Douglas and others.

Foley's speech goes well over 30 minutes. Foley talks about never pinning Chris Jericho. Jericho comes to the stage, Foley drops an elbow on him and CM Punk comes up to count the 3 count. This was described as an awesome moment and the crowd went nuts for it. Foley says this induction is his greatest moment ever. Foley's speech ends with Santa Claus coming out. Aaron described this as the best Hall of Fame speech he's seen.

- Stephanie McMahon is out next to induct Trish Stratus. Stephanie debuts some new theme music. Stephanie talks about Trish's RAW main event with Lita and says Trish's segments with her were some of the McMahon family's favorites. Stephanie says Trish always made people feel how they wanted to feel. She teases that Trish may have another WrestleMania match in her future. Stephanie thanks Trish for all she has done and introduces her.

Trish comes out and gives props to Stephanie McMahon. Trish reads off a very long list of names and thanks them. She pokes fun at how she wrestled early in her career and says she hopes everyone was Stratusfied with her career. She mentions Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Jazz, Lita, Mickie James, Tara and a bunch of other former Divas. She also gives props to Finlay for his work with the Divas. She pulls out a gift from Jim Ross, the pen she signed her WWF contract with, and makes a reference to "get the F out so the pandas won't get pissed off." There was a moment where Trish told Lita she loves her and Lita looked to get emotional. She thanked Vince McMahon for what she learned from him. Trish's speech also goes long. She talks about retiring so she could spend time with her mom, who was diagnosed with cancer, but is now free of the disease. She shouts out her husband Ron and he get booed out of the building. Trish jokingly says the fans are mean and then they start to cheer for her husband. She announces a shocker - she's pregnant. She's due in September.

- Stevie Ray is out next to induct his brother and former tag team partner Booker T. Stevie talks about how when Booker was in prison, he always stayed up to date on wrestling and they would talk about it when Stevie visited him. Aaron believes Stevie Ray's speech may be better than the others, very good and emotional, he says. Stevie says his brother overcame the odds and is now a role model.

Booker T comes out next and is met with a loud "Thank You Booker" chant. Booker is humbled and thanks the fans for letting him be a part of their lives. Aaron says Booker may have got the biggest pop yet. Booker T tells a story about Psycho Sid getting him to join WCW. He mentions the late Sherri Martel and says she gave legitimacy to the team of Harlem Heat. Booker says they weren't a real tag team until she came along. Booker talks more about WCW and coming to WWE. He said he never forgot when Linda McMahon told him, "we got you now." He tells a story about The Undertaker telling him to feel his first WrestleMania. Booker thanks Sting. Booker shouts out his wife Sharmell and says he would marry her a thousand times. He jokingly told the crowd they better not boo her like they did Trish Stratus' husband Ron. Booker says he takes his place in immortality tonight and asks if we can dig that, sucka. Booker ends it with a spinarooni.

- Extra TV host Maria Menounos is out to induct Bob Backlund. She talks about Backlund's career and how she's been a big fan. Aaron says she really seems to be a huge fan of Backlund. She also talked about how fit Backlund is. Some of the fans start to boo and "WHAT?" Menounos after her speech drags, according to Aaron.

Aaron notes that the crowd is getting restless it seems. Aaron also says Backlund is rare form. Backlund rambles on and talks about Mr. H (Triple H) needing to sign an amateur wrestler. Vince McMahon ends up coming out to pull Backlund off the stage because he was going "insane" and his mic was cut off.

- Vince McMahon inducts Donald Trump next. The crowd boos Trump's name. Vince talks about how important Trump has been to WrestleMania and calls him an institution. Vince endorses himself and then Trump for President. Said Vince, "I like to think of myself as a handsome elderly gentleman. But I'm one of the ugliest bald men in the world." Vince says getting shaved by Trump was one of his most embarrassing moments ever.

Donald Trump comes out and gets booed heavily. The boos continue for Trump and his family, except his daughter. Trump says he wants to break pay-per-view records and challenges Vince to a match at WrestleMania 30. Trump kept his speech short.

- A John Cena Make-A-Wish video is shown and gets one of the biggest boos of the night.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger is out next to induct Bruno Sammartino. Arnold is happy to be here and full of jokes tonight. Arnold jokes about lifting 400lbs. recently - lifting NJ Governor Chris Christie out of a chair. Arnold talks about his friend Bruno.

Bruno Sammartino comes out to huge chants of "Bruno" and an ovation from the crowd. He talks about his childhood and having to deal with Nazis in Italy. Aaron notes that Bruno is a great storyteller. He also talks about his mother and his wife. Bruno says he never took aspirin or painkillers. He's a tough guy and still trains 6 days a week. Bruno credits MSG for helping him headline. He owes all of his success to the fans. He closes the speech and gets emotional, saying he's nothing without the fans.

ReputationRep:
    Hey dude, I can't get Mania on Box Office because I'll be working but I'll have my Macbook at work to watch streaming - can I PM you for your link?

I would forever be in your debt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrasslinfan)
    Hey dude, I can't get Mania on Box Office because I'll be working but I'll have my Macbook at work to watch streaming - can I PM you for your link?

I would forever be in your debt
    Yeah no problem, I'll PM you when I get home from work. Did you make an account just for his? :rolf: Cool username.

ReputationRep:
    I've been a lurker if you will around here for quite some time and thought I'd join up for this, yes but I'll probably stick around after Mania. I'm desperate not to miss it so your link would be much much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Going to be the first Mania i'm going to watch live since Wrestlemania 23. Quite excited just going to be like old times

ReputationRep:
    Completely forgot this is tonight :facepalm: Hungover as hell today so it's going to be a chore staying up.

Now it's been brought to my attention though, I'm pretty excited about it. Especially Y2J v Fandango - potential to be a show-stealer for sure!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.