Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    You forgot Adorno. :ninja:
    Is this his vision of all Tories as evil? To call that hatred would be unfair, it's something much much more.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Is this his vision of all Tories as evil? To call that hatred would be unfair, it's something much much more.
    Yep. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't think why at all, we Tories are all sexy beasts.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this buzz around here will carry on through the term; we could do with some new people coming on board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Hopefully this buzz around here will carry on through the term; we could do with some new people coming on board
    Agreed. I was thinking that we could make it compulsory for MPs (or anyone else, for that matter) to carry signatures that have "Join the MHoC" and link people to us (as well as "Join X party" links if desired). I was thinking that we could then couple this with 'surgeries', where we set up stickied threads in the wider D and D section where MPs speak to people outside. This would hopefully net us some more people, some of whom would be useful to us as new members, and would allow us another way of generating legislation. The petitions thing is quite nice but I don't think it's getting enough people in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Agreed. I was thinking that we could make it compulsory for MPs (or anyone else, for that matter) to carry signatures that have "Join the MHoC" and link people to us (as well as "Join X party" links if desired). I was thinking that we could then couple this with 'surgeries', where we set up stickied threads in the wider D and D section where MPs speak to people outside. This would hopefully net us some more people, some of whom would be useful to us as new members, and would allow us another way of generating legislation. The petitions thing is quite nice but I don't think it's getting enough people in.
    That sounds like some great ideas I'd certainly do that next term, and help out with the appropriate threads!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    These are excellent ideas :yep:

If you need help implementing them, I'm happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    So let me just get this straight...

I'm voting on the internet for made up parties with made up policies that don't exist, but people pretend they do and they actually argue about them? (despite being made up, and knowing that it's all made up?)

This is honestly the weirdest thing I've ever heard of...

I voted Liberal, either way.
    Some these people wouldn't vote in a real election ironically!

ReputationRep:
    Would the surgeries basically be like this thread? Sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Democracy basically told me we can't have surgeries because they want to keep our forums separate. Sadly it compounds our error in moving elections to the MHoC forum.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly an error, we got the mass PM and a large turnout by historical standards.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, idiotic move that so far doesn't seem to have crippled us and hopefully won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Some these people wouldn't vote in a real election ironically!
    How have you come to that conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    This is just all too much to handle... I'm bowing out of my short lived career in politics by the looks of it...

Just way to confusing for me.
    Basically we pretend to be MPs. Unfortunately, the expenses are pretend too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Democracy basically told me we can't have surgeries because they want to keep our forums separate. Sadly it compounds our error in moving elections to the MHoC forum.
    Yeah, but we can reference things we do here all the time while we're debating in UK Politics. Can easily trigger someone's curiosity when they get here. Like I reference our Narcotics Act (2011) all the time in drug debates because it's, well, perfect.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.