The Student Room Group

6 hours of revision daily

Scroll to see replies

Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
But, surely it depends on what works best for you? And, also what type of subjects your doing? I'm doing Philosophy, English, History and Sociology therefore there's a lot of content to remember. What I do is copy out each subtopic from gathered materials, (writing is quite messey) then condense that into two sides worth of notes for that sub topic. Say it out loud, record myself even if it's quite hard and end up remembering most of it. However, in order to do this it takes me around two hours for each subject.

Well yea I guess so, I do sciences and maths and the one that requires the most learning is biology!

Chemistry comes after that. But then Physics and Maths just require practice. I still have not started with Physics.

I couldn't do what you do.. there is too much faffing around... I prefer to just get the job done
Philosophy & Ethics, History, English Literature & Sociology. :smile:

But I'm worried about the exam technique mainly!

Oh nice, what are you looking to study at uni?

Yeah, I think exam technique plays a big part in every exam, for example after January I came out of my M2 exam feeling really confident about it (like 100ums confident, not to brag or anything :colondollar:) and came out with 94, which I'm still so so happy about, but it just shows that exam technique must have had something to do with that because I was pretty sure all my answers were correct (after discussing with peers and checking arseys unofficial mark scheme :biggrin:)
Original post by upthegunners
Well yea I guess so, I do sciences and maths and the one that requires the most learning is biology!

Chemistry comes after that. But then Physics and Maths just require practice. I still have not started with Physics.

I couldn't do what you do.. there is too much faffing around... I prefer to just get the job done

I guess its personal choice really :smile:
Original post by Anythingoo1
Oh nice, what are you looking to study at uni?

Yeah, I think exam technique plays a big part in every exam, for example after January I came out of my M2 exam feeling really confident about it (like 100ums confident, not to brag or anything :colondollar:) and came out with 94, which I'm still so so happy about, but it just shows that exam technique must have had something to do with that because I was pretty sure all my answers were correct (after discussing with peers and checking arseys unofficial mark scheme :biggrin:)

Law or possibly English.

What about you?
And yes, as agreed with exam technique, luck is also vital is some aspects as well
Reply 64
Original post by Waterstorm
A lot of graduate employers do actually.

you don't even enter them on your cv, all they want is university results.
Original post by FloydRix
you don't even enter them on your cv, all they want is university results.

When you apply for top graduate companies like PwC they want AAB minimum for many roles.

And nearly every graduate application form I have seen, for whatever company, asks for your A levels - regardless of whether they put much consideration on it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Law or possibly English.

What about you?
And yes, as agreed with exam technique, luck is also vital is some aspects as well

Mechanical engineering, have you already applied for uni or in yr12?
Original post by Anythingoo1
Mechanical engineering, have you already applied for uni or in yr12?

I'm in year 12, you?
When I did my A Levels (and they were around 3 years ago), I think I did no more than 3 or 4 hours a day revising. BUT those hours were 'good' hours; just working with minimal breaks for snack/drink/toilet. No Facebook breaks or anything like that.
Reply 69
weirdnessandcoffee
It's for A-levels, just for the Easter holidays. Sometimes I stretch it to 8, is it too much? Too little?

My rule is to do one past paper a day, spend 2 days on revising all the questions for the module and then spend the last 2 making formula sheets.

I don't measure my studies in hours, but I do it in days. I feel that if you measure it in hours it encourages procrastination. Also, I emphasise what I'm supposed to do more than how long it takes.

By doing this you have a better feel for how much you have done against what you need to do to be ready. I find it works better.

More advice is can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Darren

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending