Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I personally believe that learning the definitions are very important, as they provide you with a starting point. The rest is generally to do with linking back to the case study.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you guys think the questions and answers in the MS are badly written?
    BUSS2 Jan10:

Motivational techniques have been the main method used by The Authentic Food
    Company Ltd to create an effective workforce. Do you agree with this view? Justify
    your decision.

Mark scheme:
    •effective employees are promoted and rewarded with pay bonuses encouraging improved
    performances from the workforce
    • the company's employees work in teams offering greater empowerment for employees
    thereby enhancing performance
    • team working offers social benefits to employees and can therefore motivate
    • the company's employees are involved in decision-making offering the chance for
    motivation by meeting esteem needs as well as better quality decisions possibly
    • the company supports and encourages social activities - as recommended by Mayo!

Now these points are all correct and well, but they do not answer the question that asks about them being the main method. These points merely state how motivational methods have been used.

A lot of q/answers seem to be like this, they don't tackle the question? Or is that purely what evaluation is for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    definition
    for
    against
    conclusion

for the for and against i'd pick 2 points for each and do detailed analysis, along with applying to the case study
    also any figures you can calculate from the case study to help strengthen ur argument will get you more application and analysis marks.
    I'm finding it really difficult to fit it in the space provided though are you in the same position?? Do we get extra paper in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewisbeedle)
    I'm finding it really difficult to fit it in the space provided though are you in the same position?? Do we get extra paper in the exam
    yea I usually go over the space we get, but you have to stay within the box otherwise its not marked. Yea u can ask for more paper and they give u another booklet which you attach to ur paper at the end. But generally if you need a lot more space then your answer probably isn't concise enough, you've most likely written unnecessary things/waffled on a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceUpsb)
    Don't you guys think the questions and answers in the MS are badly written?
    BUSS2 Jan10:

Motivational techniques have been the main method used by The Authentic Food
    Company Ltd to create an effective workforce. Do you agree with this view? Justify
    your decision.

Mark scheme:
    •effective employees are promoted and rewarded with pay bonuses encouraging improved
    performances from the workforce
    • the company's employees work in teams offering greater empowerment for employees
    thereby enhancing performance
    • team working offers social benefits to employees and can therefore motivate
    • the company's employees are involved in decision-making offering the chance for
    motivation by meeting esteem needs as well as better quality decisions possibly
    • the company supports and encourages social activities - as recommended by Mayo!

Now these points are all correct and well, but they do not answer the question that asks about them being the main method. These points merely state how motivational methods have been used.

A lot of q/answers seem to be like this, they don't tackle the question? Or is that purely what evaluation is for?
    I agree, the mark schemes really aren't that great. They have some relevant points, and not all the points people write are on the mark scheme anyways, the examiners have to credit your answers if they're correct, even though it might not be on the mark scheme. One thing I noticed when revising buss1, the mark schemes for the june 2012 and january 2013 papers are a lot better. I think theyre realising theyre not that good so now they've improved them a lot. I havent looked at any buss2 papers yet but I'm sure similar improvements have been made

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please write me an exemplar answer to the 2d question in June 2012?? please I'm really stuck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!! I kinda rush right now, it's not even a week to the exam, but I feel like I am not ready at all. Can you guys please suggest me? Should I spend these time reading detail through everything in the text book or just read some revision book and go straight to past paper? Any suggestion will be much appreciates guys... Please helppp!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May-o2q)
    Hi guys!!! I kinda rush right now, it's not even a week to the exam, but I feel like I am not ready at all. Can you guys please suggest me? Should I spend these time reading detail through everything in the text book or just read some revision book and go straight to past paper? Any suggestion will be much appreciates guys... Please helppp!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm currently learning all the key points, then moving on to past papers, i am on the last section in the revision guide(Improving Competitiveness), as long as you know your definitions, advantages and disadvantages you should be good because most of the answers come from the case study.
    Use this website to help with definitions, http://aqa-business.blogspot.co.uk/2...finitions.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vithusan40)
    I'm currently learning all the key points, then moving on to past papers, i am on the last section in the revision guide(Improving Competitiveness), as long as you know your definitions, advantages and disadvantages you should be good because most of the answers come from the case study.
    Use this website to help with definitions, http://aqa-business.blogspot.co.uk/2...finitions.html
    Thank you so much..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what does a low margin of safety mean?

ReputationRep:
    Hey do you think if i learn all the mark schemes for buss2 i should be alrite, as i dnt know where to start from i have alot to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millionlightspau)
    what does a low margin of safety mean?
    is this for breakeven charts? it means theres little difference between your current output and your breakeven output. so for example if you're expecting to sell 100 units, and to breakeven you need to sell 95, then your margin of safety is 5 units. so you haven't got much room to not sell everything you're expecting to sell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadia_Sibgha1)
    Hey do you think if i learn all the mark schemes for buss2 i should be alrite, as i dnt know where to start from i have alot to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Start by learning the definitions, advantages and disadvantages, the adv and disadv should be common sense and general knowledge, then do past papers use the website i put above.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    This is my 2nd time but since the end of AS I've tried to improve everything about the way I work as I was only hitting C's and D's at AS so for like technique, you've got to say what implications for the business a certain strategy has and create a logical chain of reasoning which is where you pick up analysis marks and make sure to keep applying it to the case study and then evaluate every point you make, not just in the conclusion. I did this in BUSS3 and got an A so I'm hoping the same applies to AS haha. Good luck!
    Thankyou very much ill try to do this... i did BUSS3 in January and got a C.. its just BUSS2 i cant seem to get higher then a D :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for ur advice i know most of the definitions nd the formulaes, am gonna go over the content now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But is it too late to start revising now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its never too late to start revision

ReputationRep:
    Awww thanks yh i know lol but the thing is i have 3 exams next week nd am not able to handle my time nd revision

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!! Kinda need a study buddy!! Anyone interested??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yepp hey

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.