Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnome :))
    Nope As long as you apply before the deadline (in June I think? Can't remember!)
    (Original post by GDewar)
    I think Gnome's right, it doesn't make a huge difference as long as it's soon-ish.
    August 16th is the deadline. Everyone applying will receive equal consideration providing they meet the criteria set out in the accommodation guarantee. Your chance of getting the accommodation you want is officially the same whether you apply today or in the middle of July.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Sustainable Energy Engineering! Good luck to everyone on meeting your offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieRiddell)
    Firmed for biology anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Firmed for biology too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pierrot)
    Firmed for biology too!
    Awesome, see you there! Any idea where you're staying yet? I'm struggling to pick haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieRiddell)
    Awesome, see you there! Any idea where you're staying yet? I'm struggling to pick haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See you! I live in Edinburgh already so I'm going to stay at home for at least the first year, so can't help there haha! Where are you thinking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GDewar)

I think Gnome's right, it doesn't make a huge difference as long as it's soon-ish. Politics and Sociology is pretty close too! You'll have social and political theories bursting out of your ears by the time you've finished. :P Have any career path in mind or are you just really interested in social science?
    Well, not really, I don't have a specific career path in mind although there are several alternatives that are of high interest to me. I think I will actually be driven to jobs that, although are not directly related to the course, are greatly relevant and the course will be very handy when the time comes e.g. media-related ones.
    But generally I chose the course mainly because it seems really interesting to me.
    What about you? Are you considering any particular career path?

ReputationRep:
    Msc in International Relations.

ReputationRep:
    That's really interesting, forever888, and keeping your options open sounds like a really smart route. I'm wanting to get involved in media too, as a journalist. I've wanted to be a writer since I was wee, and I'm sticking to that ambition: despite the fact both novelists and journalists are infamously poor. :P Ah well, it'll be worth it.

Apparently Edinburgh's really good for media opportunities, so that's good news for us! The Darroch Court accomodation is just down the road from the Scotsman HQ and the Edinburgh BBC Building.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    firmed for international relations!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Chemical Engineering!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I'm not the only engineer on this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
    Yep. Post copies if you like (or fax them - but who has access to a fax machine these days?). But the easiest/safest way is to scan them and attach them onto the message requesting them in euclid. Was good enough for them back in 2007 too!

Thank you! Do we have to send both GCSE and AS level or just GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_morgan)
    Both

ReputationRep:
    1. (Original post by Gnome :))
      Both

Ahh thank you! I just need to get my AS certificate from school now!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Oral health sciences, anybody else firmed for that? Only 10 on the course, but worth a try lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pierrot)
    See you! I live in Edinburgh already so I'm going to stay at home for at least the first year, so can't help there haha! Where are you thinking about?
    Aw well that's handy! I decided to go for the ones on the other side of George Square as I didn't hear good things about the Cowgate apparently it's pretty random anyway where you end up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_morgan)
    Yup, as Gnome says, if you have certificated your AS levels then they need to go in too. Back in day I didn't certificate until I'd completed my AS and A2s (handy because I didn't have to declare my AS results on the UCAS application), but I gather that's much more unusual now.

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional place for Archaeology which I have firmed. One of the conditions was GCSE language at grade C or above so when I found this out in January I started a iGCSE spanish course... However I am finding distance learning a language in this short space of time extremely difficult and am starting to panic. there is no compulsory language modules for archaeology but my place is conditional on the spanish GCSE... I have AAB at A levels already and it's only the spanish that my place is conditional on... do you think I won't get a place if I don't achieve my spanish grade??

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Philosophy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.