Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Didn't do as well as you'd hoped? Advice here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    Hi, I got 179 in OCR history and I need 180 for an A*. Do you think that it is worth a remark?
    100% you aren't exactly going to go down a grade! Nothing to lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chuxie)
    I was 1 UMS off an A* in English Lit. Is it worth sending off one of the papers for a remark?
    Same as above. You should 100%, you aren't exactly going to go down a grade! Nothing to lose...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am abroad so i couldn't get my results today- i put a lot of effort into it but I still think I didn't get....

ReputationRep:
    I got 79.7% ums in fine art which is 0.3% off an A which I really wanted, should I get it remarked or what?

ReputationRep:
    My career in science is ruined I feel I have no future I have a B in Biology and C's in Chemistry and Physics ( additional science) , I cannot choose a level Biology or Chemistry because of my C in maths. I try to understand maths but I cannot comprehend it, it's not boring but it's difficult and challenging that's what I like. My dream since I was 12 was to become a great Neuroscientist...and I'm not going to fulfil that vocation of mine :'( I feel I've failed my family. I feel useless to the world now because I've done horribly. I achieved good grades in subjects that don't matter to my rotting corpse of a science career. I know you guys will say re-sit it along side your a levels however all of my concentration would go into re-sitting maths since I find it difficult and then I would struggle to maintain the grades of my a level subjects I got A's in RE and Geography and I got an A* in English Literature the subject I DIDN'T want to do for a level :/ I have now enrolled and have picked Applied Science, Psychology,English Language and Geography... what career or rather job can be sought from these a levels?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking about doing any resits or remarks for any of their exams? What exams are you doing it for? Would you like to share them? Here's mine.

Re-sits:
    Biology OCR 21st - Unit 123 (B) and Unit 7 (C)
    Maths Edexcel Modular - Unit 2 or Unit 2 (might be Unit 3 - similar to A-Levels)
    Chemistry OCR - Unit 7 (C and can get an A* easily if I improve by one grade)
    Physics OCR - Maybe, as I'm really close to getting an A*. I will either do Unit 7 (A - two marks of A*) or Unit 123 (A as well).

Re-marks:
    History maybe, as I can get an A*, I'm fairly close to it.

I want to re-sit to try and get a better grade, as these are the subjects I am taking for A-Levels (well apart from physics, but I'm quite close to getting a higher grade so why not).

ReputationRep:
    hi im in year 10,
    i got an A in maths today but my teacher told me i was one away from A*. is it worth getting it remarked? edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    Remark for English Literature as I got 159ums and I need 160ums for an A.

Maybe also Economics, as I got 191 ums and I need 192 ums for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeEastafrican)
    hi im in year 10,
    i got an A in maths today but my teacher told me i was one away from A*. is it worth getting it remarked? edexcel.
    Ah the only thing is that with maths, it is very difficult to get it up, and sometimes it can go down (I was a few marks of an A and my teacher said not to). But I guess you can, as you're on an A anyway. And then if you don't get the grade, then just leave it and do better next time. Hope I helped What unit is it may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    1 ums of an a* in chem so gna get tht remarked and I was very close in history so gna get that remarked aswell:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgy)
    Remark for English Literature as I got 159ums and I need 160ums for an A.

Maybe also Economics, as I got 191 ums and I need 192 ums for an A
    Ah, you'll probably get it with English, and maybe Economics too (not too sure, never took that).

ReputationRep:
    got a b in PE which I'm getting remarked for an a

ReputationRep:
    I am 5 UMS marks away from a B in maths and I need this for an entry to do a certain subject. I did double maths award so this is a combination of two Maths results, one I got a C in and one I got a B in. Is 5 UMS marks too far away for maths to try and get it remarked? Does anyone know how many marks that is roughly? Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Ah the only thing is that with maths, it is very difficult to get it up, and sometimes it can go down (I was a few marks of an A and my teacher said not to). But I guess you can, as you're on an A anyway. And then if you don't get the grade, then just leave it and do better next time. Hope I helped What unit is it may I ask?
    i think its linear and there are 2 papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    1 ums of an a* in chem so gna get tht remarked and I was very close in history so gna get that remarked aswell:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same as me for History What history did you do btw? I did Edexcel. I might just get one remarked, as I'm a few marks away from getting the grade I want like (3 UMS of A* in one exam). And congratulations btw

ReputationRep:
    What should I remark/retake

1. Edexcel GCSE ICT: 5 UMS off an A

2. Additional Applied Science: 3 UMS of a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Same as me for History What history did you do btw? I did Edexcel. I might just get one remarked, as I'm a few marks away from getting the grade I want like (3 UMS of A* in one exam). And congratulations btw
    I did OCR, I wish I did edexcel for history, I literally dont know anyone who got an a* in history! I know, these remarks are gna cost my parents aww thanks what did you get overall?:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What should I remark/retake

1. Edexcel GCSE ICT: 5 UMS off an A

2. AQA Additional Applied Science: 3 UMS of a B

ReputationRep:
    I might get my ICT exam remarked Was overall, 1 UMS mark of an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    I did OCR, I wish I did edexcel for history, I literally dont know anyone who got an a* in history! I know, these remarks are gna cost my parents aww thanks what did you get overall?:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yeah my parents will have to fork out lots for my re-sits . And I got an A overall, but am only a few marks of an A*, so it might be worth it to Re-mark it. However, that depends on how much the re-sits are going to cost. I really hope I do well this time round. Surprisingly, I did the least revision for Physics as a whole (out of the re-sit subjects) and I got the highest for them. My teacher gave me an A* for my coursework (90UMS) but then I got 83 UMS. What do you think I should do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.