Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by priteshp)
    would u lose the mark if u didn't?
    I didn't sit the paper, so I don't know how many marks were on offer. However, from having done WJEC papers, it is generally one mark for such a question, and that is just an answer mark. And to get that mark you always need the most negative term first, and the appropriate brackets (square/curved).

So unfortunately, you'll lose the mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tullia)
    I didn't sit the paper, so I don't know how many marks were on offer. However, from having done WJEC papers, it is generally one mark for such a question, and that is just an answer mark. And to get that mark you always need the most negative term first, and the appropriate brackets (square/curved).

So unfortunately, you'll lose the mark.
    Can you guess grade boundaries for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Can you guess grade boundaries for it?
    60 / 75 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twmcguiness)
    60 / 75 for an A
    A*?

ReputationRep:
    A*?
    A* would be 90% so would be around 67-68 / 75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysena)
    A* would be 90% so would be around 67-68 / 75
    That's UMS though, I think I might have 68 minimum. I hope so

ReputationRep:
    That's UMS though, I think I might have 68 minimum. I hope so
    not necessarily UMS. Depends on how everyone did in the exam. If we all did well, grade boundaries go up and 120 UMS is 75 / 75 however if we all did okayy then 120 UMS could be around 68 - 70 / 75 however 90% is the A*

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily UMS. Depends on how everyone did in the exam. If we all did well, grade boundaries go up and 120 UMS is 75 / 75 however if we all did okayy then 120 UMS could be around 68 - 70 / 75 however 90% is the A*
    I know how it works... But 90% is UMS for an A*.

The paper depends, some have had it as low as 63/75 for an A*, so the raw marks vary, so I was wondering for this particular paper, what it'd be.

I don't think it was a particularly difficult one, maybe a tiny bit different but not hard

ReputationRep:
    I know how it works... But 90% is UMS for an A*.

The paper depends, some have had it as low as 63/75 for an A*, so the raw marks vary, so I was wondering for this particular paper, what it'd be.

I don't think it was a particularly difficult one, maybe a tiny bit different but not hard
    Ohh now I get you haha sorry!! I've been doing chem revision so brains fried atm :P hmm I think it might be around 67 or 68 because it was a pretty alright exam, everyone came out pretty relaxed and we all had similar answers on here plus even if the answers weren't right there's still plenty of marks available in methods so it'd be interesting to see!

Stop worrying yourself, from your answers you've done fine! Bet you have got the A*! We've all just gotta concentrate on C4 now which is a **** to revise for haha

ReputationRep:
    Ohh now I get you haha sorry!! I've been doing chem revision so brains fried atm :P hmm I think it might be around 67 or 68 because it was a pretty alright exam, everyone came out pretty relaxed and we all had similar answers on here plus even if the answers weren't right there's still plenty of marks available in methods so it'd be interesting to see!

Stop worrying yourself, from your answers you've done fine! Bet you have got the A*! We've all just gotta concentrate on C4 now which is a **** to revise for haha
    Apparently the approximation would (1 b) would have caused some people to suffer and worry and becausr it was the first question they may have been scared about it...

Hoping it's 67! C4 is by far the worst :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the approximation would (1 b) would have caused some people to suffer and worry and becausr it was the first question they may have been scared about it...

Hoping it's 67! C4 is by far the worst :lol:
    Aw that approximation was ok! You just had to half your answer in part a) which I had it to be 5. something so I halved it to get 2. something in b)

Yeah I would love an A* but I'd be really pleased with an A! Hoping and praying I haven't lost more than 15 marks!!
    Yeah C4 and M2 are the worst so far!

Good luck it's not til the 12th or 14th June right? Can't remember :L

I think integration by substitution and differential eq are two of the worst in C4! I like vectors :P

ReputationRep:
    Aw that approximation was ok! You just had to half your answer in part a) which I had it to be 5. something so I halved it to get 2. something in b)

Yeah I would love an A* but I'd be really pleased with an A! Hoping and praying I haven't lost more than 15 marks!!
    Yeah C4 and M2 are the worst so far!

Good luck it's not til the 12th or 14th June right? Can't remember :L

I think integration by substitution and differential eq are two of the worst in C4! I like vectors :P
    Yeah, I did that! But my answer might not have been that :dontknow:

I really want an A* this year, so when I start college I'll be stress free!

You do M2? I do M1 and S1

13th June, it clashes with my GCSE Chemistry exam :emo:

I like those! but vectors are kinda hard without drawing diagrams and I hate drawing them without them being accurate.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did that! But my answer might not have been that :dontknow:

I really want an A* this year, so when I start college I'll be stress free!

You do M2? I do M1 and S1

13th June, it clashes with my GCSE Chemistry exam :emo:

I like those! but vectors are kinda hard without drawing diagrams and I hate drawing them without them being accurate.
    you LIKE the substitution? Are you OK? hahah! Nah vectors are nice, they come up in M2 too

Yeah I chose to do mechanics + pure maths. Don't really like Stats tbh, got an A in it at GCSE and got A* in both physics and maths at GCSE so thought I'd be ok with A level mechanics.

I was wrong. its haaard!

Aw chem is easy, you'll get the A* without much revision!!

ReputationRep:
    you LIKE the substitution? Are you OK? hahah! Nah vectors are nice, they come up in M2 too

Yeah I chose to do mechanics + pure maths. Don't really like Stats tbh, got an A in it at GCSE and got A* in both physics and maths at GCSE so thought I'd be ok with A level mechanics.

I was wrong. its haaard!

Aw chem is easy, you'll get the A* without much revision!!
    It's so nice when it falls out nicely :sigh:

Yeah, I'll be doing M2 in yr 12

Aah Mechanics is fun... S1 is boring but it's okay I guess

Hmmm... I'm self teaching that as well though

ReputationRep:
    It's so nice when it falls out nicely :sigh:

Yeah, I'll be doing M2 in yr 12

Aah Mechanics is fun... S1 is boring but it's okay I guess

Hmmm... I'm self teaching that as well though
    You seem pretty smart so I think you'll be okay with mechanics
    Yeah stats is boring hence why I didnt take it! Are you home schooled or something? Why not go to school and learn there?
    And what are you aiming to get or would like to get at GCSE? I can picture you at Oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    You seem pretty smart so I think you'll be okay with mechanics
    Yeah stats is boring hence why I didnt take it! Are you home schooled or something? Why not go to school and learn there?
    And what are you aiming to get or would like to get at GCSE? I can picture you at Oxbridge
    Yeah, I've looked at it and it's fine!
    No, just go to a rubbish school :lol:

GCSE which ones?

Haha, maybe I can only hope

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've looked at it and it's fine!
    No, just go to a rubbish school :lol:

GCSE which ones?

Haha, maybe I can only hope
    LOL!! Cardiff has good schools tho! haha I mean all 12 or 13 or however many you are doing GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    LOL!! Cardiff has good schools tho! haha I mean all 12 or 13 or however many you are doing GCSEs
    I'll spoiler it :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show

Mathematics - A* )
    English Language - A )
    English Literature - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    RE - A*
    Welsh - A
    Art - A
    Geography - A*
    French - A*
    Business Studies - A*
    Media - A )
    History - A* )
    Photography - C )

) = Already done.

AS History, I want an A.
    A2 Mathematics, I want an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I'll spoiler it :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show

Mathematics - A* )
    English Language - A )
    English Literature - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    RE - A*
    Welsh - A
    Art - A
    Geography - A*
    French - A*
    Business Studies - A*
    Media - A )
    History - A* )
    Photography - C )

) = Already done.

AS History, I want an A.
    A2 Mathematics, I want an A*.
    FLIPPIN HELL! You're doing 15 gcses?! I did 12 and I thought that was a lot! You are smart :O 10A* out of the 15 is AMAZING! Oxbridge have to take you on otherwise they'll be stupid and I think they might actually This guy who was in the year above me did some of his A levels when he was doing his gcses and he got nearly all or mostly A* and All As/A* in his A levels and he's now doing Physics at Cambridge so you have a good chance

Well done

ReputationRep:
    FLIPPIN HELL! You're doing 15 gcses?! I did 12 and I thought that was a lot! You are smart :O 10A* out of the 15 is AMAZING! Oxbridge have to take you on otherwise they'll be stupid and I think they might actually This guy who was in the year above me did some of his A levels when he was doing his gcses and he got nearly all or mostly A* and All As/A* in his A levels and he's now doing Physics at Cambridge so you have a good chance

Well done
    Oh statistics as well, hopefully another A*!

Aah that's great

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.