The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suncake
I'm Taiwanese... You?

The reason my mum gave was something akin to "Imagine washing knickers in the same water as smelly socks, eww" and that was enough to convince me :tongue: And I thought it was common knowledge that bras should be handwashed to prevent damage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely you can say the same things about any of your clothes? That they are being washed in the same water as smelly socks.
Reply 61
**** da police!
Reply 62
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
What the Hell? Why would you do that?

Stick the damn things in the wash with everything else.

People did wash by hands when washing machines were a luxury :mmm:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Wash them inside a pillow case :wink:

That doesn't actually work
Reply 65
Original post by Asim m

LOOOOOOL, I can't help but laugh at this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SleepySheep
That doesn't actually work

Why doesn't it?
Reply 68
Yeah i do the same, hand wash and find it crazy not everyone does it. lol. im african what are you?
I was told this by my mum very early and used to, I think the reason is you weren't to show your knickers and bras to anyone other then yourself, especially when dirty, for modesty's sake. But now that I do my own washing I do them in the washing machine with my other clothes.
Nope. I just shove all my pants in the washing machine along with the rest of the washing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hand wash too before I shower too, and I hang them on the laundry hamper to dry. The next time when i shower and I hand wash another pair, the one from the day before is already dry, so i throw that one in the hamper and hang up the new one to dry. Um, I do feel like its a cultural thing, I am hispanic, but I do find that it is just a cleanly hygiene thing to do. Not to mention natural stains that your vagina secretes, and if you have white underwear, well that would just drive me insane, to have a stain like that. (Not like pee stains but you know, natural wetness that your vagina makes, its not 100% white). I don't know, and to know that my underwear will be drenched in water and that their dirtiness will mix with my regular clothes dirtiness, well, its just not the same dirty, and its kinda gross isn't it? To know that your underwear was soaked in the same water as your clothes. Idk. I find it disgusting. No shame in being clean girl! And honestly, you can't say you're lazy for not wanting to do it. It literally takes a minute or two. ;D
Original post by chanelleisme
WOW lol ... I CANNOT be the only one who does this?

Only if my period happens suddenly and I'm not wearing a pad ~ then I'll hand wash it in cold water but it always ends up in the washing machine anyways :h:
I hand wash because all the washing machine does is wet it and rip it.And it is not even CLEAN...
You’re not the only one who does it. It’s actually scientifically more safe than putting it in a washing machine
I hand wash mine. That’s the way I grew up, my whole life I’ve. We handwashing them. Now that I am older I do indeed throw some in the hamper every now and then.
Handwash too
Omg guys I cannot tell you how many times this thread has been bumped over the years! I'll leave it open because it seems so popular and it seems pointless to shut it down... :laugh:

Not a girl, but mine go in the washing machine :yy:
Handwash all my clothes at uni since I can't afford the launderette
i dont i put them in the washer

Latest