Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Yea, I'm going! I just booked my train tickets too. My friends have told me that lse is an amazing pace so I'll be looking forward to it!

It's a shame you can't go though. :/
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    In terms of campus, no its not that amazing at all really. You'll get bored of it after 1 month like me

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anybody know the best way to get from London Euston to LSE and how long it'll take? I'm just planning for my journey tomorrow; I've already booked my tickets and I get a day pass on the tube.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anybody know the best way to get from London Euston to LSE and how long it'll take? I'm just planning for my journey tomorrow; I've already booked my tickets and I get a day pass on the tube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You will need to get to Holborn Underground Station, which is located on the Central and Piccadilly Line.

Euston is located on the Victoria and Northern Line so the quickest way from Euston to Holborn would be to take the Victoria Line to King's Cross St. Pancras, and then the Piccadilly Line to Holborn.

This should only take about 10-15 minutes, but give yourself a bit longer if you are unsure with the area and the underground system.

Once you get to Holborn, LSE is right outside. As it's an open day, you can probably just follow the crowd. Or, ask someone if you are unsure. You're unlikely to get lost from Holborn to LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    You will need to get to Holborn Underground Station, which is located on the Central and Piccadilly Line.

Euston is located on the Victoria and Northern Line so the quickest way from Euston to Holborn would be to take the Victoria Line to King's Cross St. Pancras, and then the Piccadilly Line to Holborn.

This should only take about 10-15 minutes, but give yourself a bit longer if you are unsure with the area and the underground system.

Once you get to Holborn, LSE is right outside. As it's an open day, you can probably just follow the crowd. Or, ask someone if you are unsure. You're unlikely to get lost from Holborn to LSE.
    OK, cheers! I'm guessing you live in London? Are you also going top the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK, cheers! I'm guessing you live in London? Are you also going top the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I live in London, but I am not going to the open day. I went to the one in March

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From Euston take the Victoria line and change at King's Cross for the Piccadilly line. Get off at Holborn and as you go towards the main exit, turn left. Keep walking straight and you'll first see the NAB (New Academic Building) on the left, walk past that and eventually on the left you'll see the Peacock Theater. You're now at the main campus.

ReputationRep:
    How did people find the open day today? I managed to get in with no booking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Really really liked it, although it was far smaller than I thought it would be!
    The library was especially nice, and I was shocked by the amount of speakers they manage to attract!

Definitely going to apply if I get the grades

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisjokes)
    Really really liked it, although it was far smaller than I thought it would be!
    The library was especially nice, and I was shocked by the amount of speakers they manage to attract!

Definitely going to apply if I get the grades

How did you find it?
    Haha yeah, the buildings were actually really close together
    The library looks so cool LOOL yeah they have that effect on people, I loved the convenient location, food everywhere! :mmm:

Same, i'm applying is well! I hope I get in

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it, incredible facilities . Will definitely make you more aware of how the actual economical world is working.
    But I found accountancy and finance speaker (Finnish woman) very boring , she didn't make it exciting. Wonder why head of department didn't do it.
    But I like the course anyway and really hope to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    I really liked it, incredible facilities . Will definitely make you more aware of how the actual economical world is working.
    But I found accountancy and finance speaker (Finnish woman) very boring , she didn't make it exciting. Wonder why head of department didn't do it.
    But I like the course anyway and really hope to get in
    Yeah, tbh same thing happened with the Maths+econ talk, the guy seemed really unprepared etc! But i'm set on doing that course so didn't really effect me!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tbh same thing happened with the Maths+econ talk, the guy seemed really unprepared etc! But i'm set on doing that course so didn't really effect me!
    Did you go to the Maths + Econ at 2:30? The talk seemed a bit dry imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Did you go to the Maths + Econ at 2:30? The talk seemed a bit dry imo
    I went to the first one at 11, yeah I droned of, did you get a man with curly long-ish hair? I kind of knew everything about the talk beforehand :L

ReputationRep:
    I went to the first one at 11, yeah I droned of, did you get a man with curly long-ish hair? I kind of knew everything about the talk beforehand :L
    Did you see the new student centre by any chance? Is it anywhere near completion yet lol

ReputationRep:
    That's him, it was a bit repetitive and he just went through slides...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slayer12)
    Did you see the new student centre by any chance? Is it anywhere near completion yet lol
    Nope, but I remember a man mentioned it was gonna be open in like Octoberish

That's him, it was a bit repetitive and he just went through slides...
    YEAH! He said the path splitting thing 3 times! :lol:
    Meh I'm still set on going haha

ReputationRep:
    wobble de wobble
    Yeah, one of the few unis that will accept me with no further maths! You gonna apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    wow that's impressive! Are you international?
    im Russian and got 4 a* 1a 5b and a 1c in art GCSE .
    aiming for AS
    A maths
    A economics
    A psychology
    B/c physics

already have A* Russian a2
    nope, I'm from england ;o

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, one of the few unis that will accept me with no further maths! You gonna apply?
    Yep, but straight Economics

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but straight Economics
    Ahh cool, haha don't need to deal with mister curly then

Considered 'econometrics with mathematical economics?'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.