Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by wibletg)
    oh holy ****, just got my supervision timetable and looked how close we are to exams
    i'm royally screwed
    I'm sure everyone feels like that, and yet they all seem to do fine! I'm sure you'll be OK. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibletg)
    oh holy ****, just got my supervision timetable and looked how close we are to exams
    i'm royally screwed
    Not if you're an economist. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Oral exams tomorrow and Tuesday. I hate oral exams, there's so little you can do, apart from turn up to oral supervisions and talk to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I've got architecture exams. Is anyone else doing Riba Part I ?

ReputationRep:
    Just got the fear. 3 hours and 8 minutes before **** officially gets real.
    (Original post by camaieu)
    Oral exams tomorrow and Tuesday. I hate oral exams, there's so little you can do, apart from turn up to oral supervisions and talk to yourself.
    Already? Damn.

Good luck

(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Just got the fear. 3 hours and 8 minutes before **** officially gets real.
    You'll be fiiiiiiine. For what it's worth, you're thinking way more deeply about these Contract cases than I ever did, and in spite of attempting one of the "meatier" problems on the paper (question 2 - insanely long!) I still got a 2.1. What are your three options?

ReputationRep:
    Did my first 'proper' stint of work today - made notes on almost an entire module :proud: feels good after not managing to motivate myself to do more than a couple of hours a day up til now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    Did my first 'proper' stint of work today - made notes on almost an entire module :proud: feels good after not managing to motivate myself to do more than a couple of hours a day up til now.
    :five:
    I need to step up the pace too. Starting with tomorrow.
    I'm hoping that by working in Cam libraries I can feed off of the collective panic in the air for motivation... its not like there isn't enough to go round.

ReputationRep:
    Procrastinating by watching the UK Supreme Court Youtube channel.

I really should have done law. :sigh:

(Original post by ukdragon37)
    Procrastinating by watching the UK Supreme Court Youtube channel.

I really should have done law. :sigh:
    It's not too late to do the GDL conversion course. It's probably preferable to cramming for the Law Tripos anyway. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    It's not too late to do the GDL conversion course. It's probably preferable to cramming for the Law Tripos anyway. :p:
    Would his parents forgive him though? :p:

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    In what way is law not an equally respectable profession? :holmes:

(Don't answer that. :p:)

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fiiiiiiine. For what it's worth, you're thinking way more deeply about these Contract cases than I ever did, and in spite of attempting one of the "meatier" problems on the paper (question 2 - insanely long!) I still got a 2.1. What are your three options?
    Juris, legal history, and international.

Thanks. I'm not too worried about contract tbf. But international's basically going to have to be learned from scratch :erm:

Just about to go into a supervision having done a full ten minutes reading for it. I hate exam term supervisions.

ReputationRep:
    If only I had the MO-NEY. :cry:

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    In what way is law not an equally respectable profession? :holmes:

Not only will they not blame me, they see it as a more respectable profession.

ReputationRep:
    :flute:

(Original post by ukdragon37)
    If only I had the MO-NEY. :cry:

Not only will they not blame me, they see it as a more respectable profession.
    You can apply for training contracts in advance, so the firm pays all of your fees (usually)!

Some are particularly keen on scientists because it's easier to tell them what the law is than to educate lawyers about science. Bristows (intellectual property firm dealing with a lot of "science-y" stuff) is a case in point, although it's very competitive...

ReputationRep:
    Only back for a day and already the stress is setting back in (along with an essay due in today).

I can imagine how the next 6 weeks will go.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just in case anyone didn't know these were up - http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/...le-FINALv1.PDF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    Just in case anyone didn't know these were up - http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/...le-FINALv1.PDF
    Horrible for my first four exams, but I have a full week between my second last and last exam

Wild guess that that will be one of my best marks. That's about as much as I have in total to learn each of my other exams.

(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Horrible for my first four exams, but I have a full week between my second last and last exam

Wild guess that that will be one of my best marks. That's about as much as I have in total to learn each of my other exams.
    Hold your horses - the latest from my Downing friend is that he spoke to his DoS and the timetable isn't finalised with respect to Law, since CSPS appears twice and apparently shouldn't.

(I fail to understand why you'd call it "MAIN-timetable-FINALv1" if it's not all been finalised! :facepalm2:)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.