Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Well that was a little harsh
    Got a bit excited and carried away. One of my best mates is a Stoke fan to be fair, he's sound so I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush. But you must admit they have a racist core, plenty of EDL followers and BNP in their support.

Done well to stay in the league and play to their strengths to start off with but they're 3rd behind only City and Chelsea in terms of net spend since 2008 (1st season in the prem/City's takeover) so this idea that they are forced to play crap football in order to stay up because of their budget is nonsense. Swansea and West Brom are proof of that.

All in all, would prefer someone like Nottingham Forest or Sheffield Wednesday to take their place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Plus one of my most hated people (Johnathon Wilkes) is from there. If you don't know him Wiki him and see what he's famous for. He's a complete ********.
    Songwriter, Theatre performer, and friend of Robbie Williams.

Am I missing something here?

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off league

Bury hopefully so they can face their local rivals ROCHDALE yay - go DALE

ReputationRep:
    Please send QPR and Reading back down into hell. I'm not too bothered about the 3rd one, maybe Aston Villa, they look like they need punishing for being so embarassingly bad. But just please send the mess that is QPR back down, they're like a 5 year old that's been given a billion pounds to toss around
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Got a bit excited and carried away. One of my best mates is a Stoke fan to be fair, he's sound so I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush. But you must admit they have a racist core, plenty of EDL followers and BNP in their support.

Done well to stay in the league and play to their strengths to start off with but they're 3rd behind only City and Chelsea in terms of net spend since 2008 (1st season in the prem/City's takeover) so this idea that they are forced to play crap football in order to stay up because of their budget is nonsense. Swansea and West Brom are proof of that.

All in all, would prefer someone like Nottingham Forest or Sheffield Wednesday to take their place.
    Oh no, I agree that we have an unfortunate horrid loud bunch but the core of the city is actually really friendly. We're just drowned out by the idiots sometimes.

When we knew how to play to our strengths we were great but doing the same thing over and over again until everybody knew how to deal with us was a ridiculous plan. We're actually an embarrassment now and we need to get rid of Pulis and get somebody capable of trying different tactics at least some of the time. It's also be nice to sign no-names capable of playing football than a big name who can't actually play for us 90% of the time which is where our money goes.

ReputationRep:
    I think

Villa
    QPR
    Reading

However, i'd love to see Stoke go down. I'd rather watch paint dry than their attempt at playing football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would be happy with anyone but us! (Villa). I'd like either Sunderland or Wigan to go, maybe even Newcastle... I can't decide which. Ideally, the former two and QPR. I feel sorry for Stoke, I'd like them to remain in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    I would very much like Stoke to be relegated :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Why Villa?
    I'm a West Brom fan, I kind of have to say it pride of the Black Country
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Oh no, I agree that we have an unfortunate horrid loud bunch but the core of the city is actually really friendly. We're just drowned out by the idiots sometimes.

When we knew how to play to our strengths we were great but doing the same thing over and over again until everybody knew how to deal with us was a ridiculous plan. We're actually an embarrassment now and we need to get rid of Pulis and get somebody capable of trying different tactics at least some of the time. It's also be nice to sign no-names capable of playing football than a big name who can't actually play for us 90% of the time which is where our money goes.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sr90)
    Oh I just spat coffee everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's probably between Villa and Wigan then - results today going disastrously for both clubs, with all the other teams winning apart from Wigan, and Villa aren't going to get anything away at United on Monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I'm a West Brom fan, I kind of have to say it pride of the Black Country
    Ah, touche. :cool:

(Original post by ninuzu)
    Looks like it's probably between Villa and Wigan then - results today going disastrously for both clubs, with all the other teams winning apart from Wigan, and Villa aren't going to get anything away at United on Monday...
    Villa fan? That's the spirit mate

ReputationRep:
    Villa fan? That's the spirit mate
    Haha, I'm not really an optimist! Although if we could get a point in that game then it would be huge! We also have Chelsea to play as well as Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan. 9 points in our last 5 games is my target.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    After todays results, Wigan look in big trouble to me. Season too far, maybe?

Spurs (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Villa (H)

Those last two games are after the FA Cup final. It'll be a huge task to pick themselves up if they were to lose that game.

ReputationRep:
    I think Wigan's PL run ends here, which is a shame, because as a Birmingham fan, I would much love our neighbours to join us next season!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by longman240)
    I think Wigan's PL run ends here, which is a shame, because as a Birmingham fan, I would much love our neighbours to join us next season!
    A Wigan v Villa decider on the last day would be brilliant from a neutral pov, especially as the title is done and dusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    A Wigan v Villa decider on the last day would be brilliant from a neutral pov, especially as the title is done and dusted.
    It definitely would, especially if it ended in Villa going down! :ahee:

I've heard if the last game is a decider, some Blues fans are travelling up to Wigan, totally sad IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    After todays results, Wigan look in big trouble to me. Season too far, maybe?

Spurs (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Villa (H)

Those last two games are after the FA Cup final. It'll be a huge task to pick themselves up if they were to lose that game.
    Very good point. Although Wigan's game in hand is Swansea, which is winnable since they have nothing to play for. Defeats for Villa against Chelsea and United would give Wigan a massive boost. That last game of the season is looking absolutely massive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longman240)
    There's only one team in Birmingham!

Also, did you hear about Benteke's banter on twitter with a blues?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.