Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filippo Stefania)
    HI everybody!!

I'm an Italian student and I'm trying to apply to Goldsmiths postgraduate course of Management of Innovation… in few days I'll have a Skype Interview with Goldsmiths in order to be admitted in this course.. for this reason I'm looking for someone who could give some info about this interview…what are they going to ask me? is it a easy interview or an hard one?? any kind of info about it would be really appreciated!!

Thank u guys!!

Hope to see u in September!
    Hi Filippo! I'm from Italy too! I did the Skype interview for the MA in Ethnomusicology! It was easy...The Admission Tutor told me to be informal, and he was very nice. He asked me about my background (academic and musical), and why I wanted to do the MA. Then he asked me if I had some questions. He also asked me which were the most influencial scholars for me. It took about 15-20 minutes. Don't worry, it's going to be ok!

Di dove sei? :-)

ReputationRep:
    HI Arthur!

yeah me too I was a bit stunned at the beginning when they asked me for a Skype interview cos I didn't aspect it… I even sent them an academic reference….by the way they'll reply to u in 2 weeks…I think but I am not so sure about it… and so maybe then they'll ask also to u for an Interview..

Good Luck!

Hope to see u in September!

ReputationRep:
    Probably! MA Global Media and Transnational Communications

ReputationRep:
    HI Radiomondina!

I'm from Florence! and u?? but during the interview when he asked u about the most influential scholars..did u have to explain why and who they are, what they did..ecc, ecc.. or u had just to say him their names?? and then..in the end of the interview what did he say to u?? I mean does he say u " ok u are admitted" or u still have to wait to know the final decision??? coz I sent them already all the documents which they need…so for me left just the interview! I really hope it'll be fine! anyway thank u very much for your precious information about it I feel much better now! and I'm also happy to see here other Italians!

Hope to see u in London in September!

ReputationRep:
    HI Radiomondina!

I'm from Florence! and u?? but during the interview when he asked u about the most influential scholars..did u have to explain why and who they are, what they did..ecc, ecc.. or u had just to say him their names?? and then..in the end of the interview what did he say to u?? I mean does he say u " ok u are admitted" or u still have to wait to know the final decision??? coz I sent them already all the documents which they need…so for me left just the interview! I really hope it'll be fine! anyway thank u very much for your precious information about it I feel much better now! and I'm also happy to see here other Italians!

Hope to see u in London in September!
    The question about the scholars was not difficult at all...Just prepare a couple of names and say why do you like them, but I am not even sure they will make you that question, maybe it depends on your background...Don't worry too much! At the end of the interview he told me I was perfect for the Master, but he didn't give me an "official" answer. For that, I had to wait like 3-4 days. I think they will give you a feedback in your interview, and comment your background, but not the "official" offer. They are very fast!!!! I also applied at SOAS and after 10 days I still haven't heard from them...So I think I will accept Goldsmiths' offer! One question: have you took the TOEFL/IELTS? Do you know which one is easier?
    About me: I am from Rome and I am 28! Let us know about the interview and keep in touch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiomondina)
    The question about the scholars was not difficult at all...Just prepare a couple of names and say why do you like them, but I am not even sure they will make you that question, maybe it depends on your background...Don't worry too much! At the end of the interview he told me I was perfect for the Master, but he didn't give me an "official" answer. For that, I had to wait like 3-4 days. I think they will give you a feedback in your interview, and comment your background, but not the "official" offer. They are very fast!!!! I also applied at SOAS and after 10 days I still haven't heard from them...So I think I will accept Goldsmiths' offer! One question: have you took the TOEFL/IELTS? Do you know which one is easier?
    About me: I am from Rome and I am 28! Let us know about the interview and keep in touch!
    HI! I took the IELTS exam in May… In my opinion IELTS is easier than TOEFL, plus the TOEFL is much more expensive than IELTS! about the interview: yes of course! I'll let u know how was it! I'll have it on the 13th of June! I really hope that they'll accept me!!

Incrocio le dita!!

ReputationRep:

I took IELTS and IELTS is not easy but I would prefer IELTS than Tofel. Remember to practice before going to exam! I have been working full-time for over ten years so it was not easy for me to attend for exam again! Let me know if you need some good links for IELTS practice, I can email them to you.

Florrie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floflor)
    I took IELTS and IELTS is not easy but I would prefer IELTS than Tofel. Remember to practice before going to exam! I have been working full-time for over ten years so it was not easy for me to attend for exam again! Let me know if you need some good links for IELTS practice, I can email them to you.

Florrie
    Thank you so much Florrie, it would be great to have some link to practice IELTS on line, especially for the listening part, which seems the most challenging to me. You can write me at [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I've got a question for u… Usually when Goldsmiths is offering u the chance to have an interview with them..is it more probable that they are going to accept u or u can never know what they'll decide?? I mean is it more probable that they will take me or not?

ReputationRep:
    I might talk about something I know nothing about as I've just applied recently and haven't had an interview, but I get the feeling that interviews are usually good news. I might be wrong, but I feel that when they call someone for an interview, they most likely want to 1/ check your background etc. 2/ see you IN PERSON, which is really different than a paper application 3/ hear you talk, be yourself, and also be able to tell that you're actually interested in the program, as some people are very good at bull****ting on paper, but not as good in person. And mostly, if your application was good enough that they ask you for an interview, unless your interview goes really BADLY, unless you screw up the interview (and i don't see why you would if you actually want to get into and are at least fairly interested in the subject, plus i don't consider not answering perfectly tricky questions as screwing up), I think your chances of getting in are high. And from what I heard interviews there are very informal and sort of laid-back, they're not here to trick you.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how long they take to process applications when they're submitted close to the deadline, as there might be more people applying at the same time. I applied a week ago now, the deadline was June 1. I think one of my referents still hasn't sent his letter, but now I just saw that they were actually only asking for one reference on the programme page, and i'm pretty sure the other one sent it. Anyway i'm kind of stressing out haha, I just think I REALLY want to get into. Does anyone have an idea of the acceptance rate for MA programmes at Goldsmiths, especially in Media & Communications? I think I wrote a good personal statement, but then my marks are ok but far from excellent. Do they attach great importance to the marks, or more to the statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arthur-H)
    I wonder how long they take to process applications when they're submitted close to the deadline, as there might be more people applying at the same time. I applied a week ago now, the deadline was June 1. I think one of my referents still hasn't sent his letter, but now I just saw that they were actually only asking for one reference on the programme page, and i'm pretty sure the other one sent it. Anyway i'm kind of stressing out haha, I just think I REALLY want to get into. Does anyone have an idea of the acceptance rate for MA programmes at Goldsmiths, especially in Media & Communications? I think I wrote a good personal statement, but then my marks are ok but far from excellent. Do they attach great importance to the marks, or more to the statement?
    I understand it is stressful waiting for the result. Mine took 6-8 weeks to get an official response and they said that's typical. Maybe send them an email to ask, they are very helpful. I had informal confirmation on te 4th week and my application was done in late Feb. there was no interview. Perhaps wait for a bit longer and then ask them for feedback on ur submission. Do you have back up plan?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I did apply for something else back home, but I think the programme at Goldsmiths is the only one I really want to get into, otherwise... year off or something. I'm going to apply for another programme in the same department at Goldsmiths though, although it does feel kind of odd to apply to two programmes in the same uni, i'm afraid they'll read it as an inability to pick one. I know, that's silly. I'm trying to write a different statement but it's hard, many things I say I think apply to this other programme as well, so i'm just leaving it here, dunno if it's any good. Anyway, then I'll just wait. And yeah it seems to vary a lot, I hear some people saying they got a response after 5 days, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months... Although the latter seems to be for people who applied early, I think I should expect a 2-4 weeks waiting period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suubi)
    Hi im starting a masters course in social research this September and I just wondering whether they are other masters students starting this year on this site.
    Count me in. Digital Media, so I probably won't see you in classes come fall, but best wishes! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I am an international student doing MA in Art Psychotherapy in the coming sept. Just requested to join the Facebook group. Hope to see you all soon

ReputationRep:
    Ehi!! I've just had the interview!!! it took 31 min!!! is it a lot?? it's been something I didn't expect at all! coz he didn't ask me any question! I had to talk… and I really didn't expect such kind of interview…I was aspecting some questions..but anyway! I hope they will take me!!! really! I have no idea what he'll think about me..by the way I have got a question for u! after how many days did u receive the result of the interview??? he told me that it will be fast, like the beginning of the next week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpookyMaria)
    Count me in. Digital Media, so I probably won't see you in classes come fall, but best wishes! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By digital media do you mean the course that is part of the sociology programme If so I might see you around the department. If not good luck with your masters.

ReputationRep:
    ehi guys! I need to ask u a question! maybe it would sounds stupid for u but I come outside UK so I'm not so expert about UK universities…so Goldsmiths offered a conditional offert to me…what does it means?? is it means that they took me??

Thank u for the help!

ReputationRep:
    ehi guys! I need to ask u a question! maybe it would sounds stupid for u but I come outside UK so I'm not so expert about UK universities…so Goldsmiths offered a conditional offert to me…what does it means?? is it means that they took me??

Thank u for the help!
    It means that they want to accept you, as long as you meet the conditions. The conditions should be stated in the email you received for the offer (did you get one?), but you can also find them in your MyGoldsmiths account.

Since you're not a native English speaker I assume the condition is that you have to fulfill the language requirements. So that means you have to do the TOEFL or the IELTS and give them the results.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from Goldsmiths for the MA in Political Communications!!! I'm so happy! Although I had to log into MyGoldsmiths account to find out, is that normal that I didn't receive any email? Anyway, I'm so relieved!! No interview needed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.