Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MHoC General Election March '13 - Post-results analysis watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I suppose it's not overwhelmingly surprising. He was an interesting member though and I'll miss his adversariality.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that sucks. What a waste of a vote mine was then :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    Bleedin' heck! Permanent MHoC ban! Ouch, well done Liberals then I suppose.
    A permanent ban for an MP / almost-an-MP, just after an election? I think the electorate should be given more info on this issue - public interest ground!

I'm a Tory, but I think his voters deserve to know why their vote is effectively void / spoilt.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested to know what happened.
    Likewise, he must have been proper 'nawty' this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Whilst I'm not in the business of speculation tehFrance did claim to be Morgsie a while back.
    Morgsie, my MUN mentor? Two completely opposite characters / personalities!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Without breaking any site rules, what can you tell of us the reason for tehFrance being banned permanently from this area of the site as opposed to the rest of it?Meant to post in Ask the Speaker, but will jsut edit in a quote rather than moving it.
    This quesiton is better aimed at those of us who actually deal with the moderation of the MHoC

Regardless, here is my brief statement on what happened (unfortunately it's nothing scandalous or even mildly interesting):

tehFrance has been indefinitely banned from the MHoC and the MUN following repeated instructions to stop causing unpleasantness within the MHoC, an instruction which he has apparently decided to ignore. One does not ignore the moderation team's requests or the MHoC guidelines unless one wishes to become TSR's answer to Chris Huhne.

He had been given fair and advanced warning that further trouble from his direction would result in an indefinite ban, so he was fully aware of what he was getting himself into - indeed, some might say that as a team we were more lenient with him than we should have been over the past few months.

Thank you and I wish you all the very best with the new Parliament

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    This quesiton is better aimed at those of us who actually deal with the moderation of the MHoC
    Well yes but I meant to post in his special thread! Ta for the info.

(Original post by Democracy)

Regardless, here is my brief statement on what happened (unfortunately it's nothing scandalous or even mildly interesting):

tehFrance has been indefinitely banned from the MHoC and the MUN following repeated instructions to stop causing unpleasantness within the MHoC, an instruction which he has apparently decided to ignore. One does not ignore the moderation team's requests or the MHoC guidelines unless one wishes to become TSR's answer to Chris Huhne.

He had been given fair and advanced warning that further trouble from his direction would result in an indefinite ban, so he was fully aware of what he was getting himself into - indeed, some might say that as a team we were more lenient with him than we should have been over the past few months.

Thank you and I wish you all the very best with the new Parliament
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to ask him if he misspelt the 'teh' in 'tehFrance'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj_macky)
    A permanent ban for an MP / almost-an-MP, just after an election? I think the electorate should be given more info on this issue - public interest ground!

I'm a Tory, but I think his voters deserve to know why their vote is effectively void / spoilt.
    What idiot thought it clever to neg me for asking a question and expressing shock without an ounce of decency to challenge me if they thought it inappropriate!

Isn't this thread about debates? Or have I stumbled into a school yard? What a coward!!!

What idiot thought it clever to neg me for asking a question and expressing shock without an ounce of decency to challenge me if they thought it appropriate!

Isn't this thread about debates? Or have I stumbled into a school yard? What a coward!!!
    Have some rep

ReputationRep:
    What idiot thought it clever to neg me for asking a question and expressing shock without an ounce of decency to challenge me if they thought it appropriate!

Mate it's TSR, people neg you for stupid things. You're right, but live with it.

ReputationRep:

You'll get used to it, will happen from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    Have some rep

Mate it's TSR, people neg you for stupid things. You're right, but live with it.

(Original post by meenu89)
    You'll get used to it, will happen from time to time.

Thanks folks!

ReputationRep:
    Morgsie, my MUN mentor? Two completely opposite characters / personalities!!!
    Well yes but I'm firmly of the belief that nothing tehFrance has ever said on this site is even slightly true, whereas Morgsie is painfully honest.

ReputationRep:
    Well yes but I'm firmly of the belief that nothing tehFrance has ever said on this site is even slightly true, whereas Morgsie is painfully honest.
    Not sure exactly why but tehFrance reminds me of a loveable rogue, a comedian even! But Morgsie just reminds me of Margaret Beckett for some reason!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes too honest, I think that was part of his problem.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I half-believe tehFrance just lived for the controversy - his politics were so radical that I'm tempted to think it wasn't just coincidence. Then again people believe all sorts.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I think Democracy's post earlier sums everything up regarding the ban so I direct members to that

I agree that I think he quite liked being controversial, and probably that's the reason members liked him too. He was pretty provocative at points though and did take things too far at times, whether he did so knowingly all the time is uncertain, but there were some issues sometimes which made the House a little bit dark, not for myself but others.

That being said, I will miss him quite a bit. He certainly kept the place lively all year round, though sometimes for the wrong reasons. We can certainly say that there isn't another member like him elsewhere in the subforum. He was actually one of the first people I have any real memory of dealing with in my MHoC "career". My origin story is that I ran, as a complete nobody with no MHoC presence at all in the Tory leadership election... I didn't win, but I did beat our loveable French friend by a vote or two Seems like only yesterday that I was sitting in a computing class debating in that election instead of working. My teacher would never stop calling me Tory Boy after that day, must've played the Enfield sketch a dozen times And a few months later my further maths teacher gets wind of it and she spends about 45 minutes going through my MHoC posts on the projector for the whole class to see. That made me look uhh... interesting...

Sorry for the rambling story telling anyhow. I am an old person at heart.

(Original post by Jarred)
    I think Democracy's post earlier sums everything up regarding the ban so I direct members to that

I agree that I think he quite liked being controversial, and probably that's the reason members liked him too. He was pretty provocative at points though and did take things too far at times, whether he did so knowingly all the time is uncertain, but there were some issues sometimes which made the House a little bit dark, not for myself but others.

That being said, I will miss him quite a bit. He certainly kept the place lively all year round, though sometimes for the wrong reasons. We can certainly say that there isn't another member like him elsewhere in the subforum. He was actually one of the first people I have any real memory of dealing with in my MHoC "career". My origin story is that I ran, as a complete nobody with no MHoC presence at all in the Tory leadership election... I didn't win, but I did beat our loveable French friend by a vote or two Seems like only yesterday that I was sitting in a computing class debating in that election instead of working. My teacher would never stop calling me Tory Boy after that day, must've played the Enfield sketch a dozen times And a few months later my further maths teacher gets wind of it and she spends about 45 minutes going through my MHoC posts on the projector for the whole class to see. That made me look uhh... interesting...

Sorry for the rambling story telling anyhow. I am an old person at heart.
    They can do that? sounds like you took that quite well, id have kickedd off about that!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.