Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". But I am far from religious.

ReputationRep:
    the loudest blackbird lays the smallest eggs

ReputationRep:
    "No longings remains unfulfilled."
    All we have to do labor in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    "Women and children can make mistakes , but not us men"
    Godfather

ReputationRep:
    The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin has so many truthful , perceptive and incredibly relevant quotes despite being set in a fantasy setting . Truly is a must read , the following quotes are among my favourites

Power resides only where men believe it resides. [...] A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.”

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives . Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter , we must protect one another , keep eachother warm , share our strengths.

What is dead may never die , only rises. , harder and stronger .

Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.

Another one of my personal favourites :

First you get the money , then you get the power , then you get the woman .

Scarface.

ReputationRep:
    "There once was a rapping tomato, that's right I said a rapping tomato, he rapped all day from April 'til May and oh yeah guess what? It was me. The end." - Homer J. Simpson.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NW86)
    "Today you, tomorrow me"

From the incredibly heartwarming story at.....

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...hhiker/c18z0z2
    I find it sad that he ever stopped being like that and it took such an extreme to change him back. I do like the quote though .

ReputationRep:
    'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kev.1995)
    'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail'
    My maths teacher always tells us that quote :P I think it's a really good quote

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "You don't want to hear me sing. you really don't"

Quoted by Blur's drummer Dave Rowntree

http://www.oocities.org/ is the Source

I'm saying this because when i sing it always sounds like a cat being strangled.

ReputationRep:
    "The problem is that people respect the dead, and not the living". - From a poem I wrote, just thought of it as I was writing, sozz if it's copyright or anything...?.....

ReputationRep:
    "Do something today that your future self will thank you for" this quote gives me motivation all the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” - Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Reminds me to keep going when things get tough

ReputationRep:
    'Keep things at arm's length. If you let anything come too near - you want to hold on to it. And there is nothing a man can hold on to.' - Erich Maria Remarque

I wish it was possible to live by this.

ReputationRep:
    "I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST"

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830i

ReputationRep:
    '**** it'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    "What?"

- Lil' Jon

I think it symbolizes a desire to question our surroundings, without accepting what others say as fact without careful considerations. Simultaneously, it speaks volumes about our ability (or inability) to communicate with others over the roar of the world around us. "What? I can't hear you." Lil' Jon remarks, suggesting that none of us can truly hear the cries of our fellow man through words, but only through careful observation and actions.
    You have read more in 1 word than i probably have in entire paragraphs,

Just out of interest do you do A-level/degree english?

ReputationRep:
    There are so many to choose from but these were the last ones I saw and liked!:

Those who wish to sing will always find a song.” - Celtic Proverb

“Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music.” - Eddie Vedder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticRed)
    You have read more in 1 word than i probably have in entire paragraphs,

Just out of interest do you do A-level/degree english?
    Haha, I did A-level equivalent english. But my degree is in a science.

ReputationRep:
    Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together.
    - Elizabeth Taylor

Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

People will stare. Make it worth their while.

People either inspire you or drain you. Pick them wisely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.