The Student Room Group

Your most boring GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Music. ended up dropping it too although i dont think it helped that I was awful at it
I completed my GCSEs last year, and like many people in this thread, I found Business Studies just so dire.
Reply 62
Last year, it had to be Aqa Environmental Science. Teachers were horrendous and we generally did useless work like 9/10 of the year. There was also a certain limit we could mess about, to counteract the boringness.
Geography was awful. There wasnt even much colouring involved tbh...
Original post by OU Student
I did ICT 8 years ago. Did anyone else find it wasn't that different to ICT taught in the lower years? It was so boring. And for every single unit, we had to talk about saving our work.

Religious studies was boring too. We had to take it and the teacher was awful. He couldn't teach and I then got moaned at because a friend started to educate me on Judaism.

Exactly! Questions consist of
"Why do you save?"
"Advantages of copy pasting"
"Why would you back up your files?"
Seriously, I can get my 8 year old cousin to sit the exam and would put my money on her getting a B at least.

I don't do RE, it was optional - chose Classics, Geography, ICT and the cores.
Original post by echelonprincess
Geography was awful. There wasnt even much colouring involved tbh...

Had to rep this.
I admit I was expecting some form of colouring but there isn't any at all!
Original post by lolface32
What was the coursework on Geo on?

At my School, we've done part of it on fuel consumption and the other part on traffic management. It's annoying because you have to make like three graphs out of each piece of data, and then write about what the data showed you, and then write about why that piece of data was absolutely irrelevant to your hypothesis so there was no point getting it in the first place -_-
Original post by Olympiad

Had to rep this.
I admit I was expecting some form of colouring but there isn't any at all!

Really? I had to colour in a bunch of graphs and maps! Count yourself lucky, I spent three lessons just colouring in four maps in the same colour -_-
english literature, so boring
Enlgish Literature, its so boring
Reply 70
Original post by doesntworkonwood
At my School, we've done part of it on fuel consumption and the other part on traffic management. It's annoying because you have to make like three graphs out of each piece of data, and then write about what the data showed you, and then write about why that piece of data was absolutely irrelevant to your hypothesis so there was no point getting it in the first place -_-

I done mine on whether the Docklands is a CBD ( Central business District) and it was SO boring. All it was, was me talking about data, suggesting why this happens, manipulate figures etc.... Don't even get me started on my evaluation and conclusion, complete bull****! :tongue:
I cannot believe this thread hasn't has a mention of Citizenship yet.
Compulsory and absolute rubbish
Art - just lost motivation for it. Still regretting that I chose it for GCSE.
Science - I'm so clumsy that whenever we do practicals, no let's me carry anything that is breakable as I might bump into someone or trip up and break it. :/ The content itself is OK though and my teacher is great.
English lit/lang - I've read Of Mice and Men so many times I don't even want to look at the book anymore
French - I've been learning it for five years now and I can only talk about what I think of drugs...
MATHEMATICS - Regularly bored me to tears.

Something really odd happened. I was top 10% A* in my school up until GCSE at Maths, and a D equivalent in English. Then it radically changed when I started the GCSE Course... Ended up with two A*s at GCSE English and B at Maths.
Maths, mainly because my teacher seems to nurse a vendetta against me, and because I just don't understand the point of circle theorems and long winded equations etc., which diminishes all of my motivation and interest.
Geography has also become a bit of a tedious subject-My classmates have very little knowledge on basic things, such as where countries are and what continent they are on, so we spend the majority of our lessons distinguishing between and locating continents on a world map. The topics we've covered seem slow and I can just feel my interest in the subject waning, which is a shame because I've always loved Geography.
BUSINESS STUDIES. I actually hate it. I have 3 different teachers, one is actually one of my favourite teachers but that doesn't stop it being boring. One of my teachers sit and tells us what to put in each section we are writing. He reads SLOWLY off of a piece of paper what we should write and everyone has to type it word for word. My class is full of idiots to make matters worse. I regret taking it and I have told my teacher how boring it is and he agreed and said he felt sorry for me. I have a burning hatred for it actually. Sorry for the rant haha :colondollar:.
Reply 76
Original post by lizziebookworm
Maths, mainly because my teacher seems to nurse a vendetta against me, and because I just don't understand the point of circle theorems and long winded equations etc., which diminishes all of my motivation and interest.
Geography has also become a bit of a tedious subject-My classmates have very little knowledge on basic things, such as where countries are and what continent they are on, so we spend the majority of our lessons distinguishing between and locating continents on a world map. The topics we've covered seem slow and I can just feel my interest in the subject waning, which is a shame because I've always loved Geography.

:eek:

You dislike my 2 favourite subjects :cry:

I want to liberate people from the terrible maths education system that is GCSE maths, it's all calculation and memorisation which completely neglects the creativity and lateral thinking involved in mathematics. :mad:
Reply 77
Ugh i hate ICT and History pretty boring subjects I was never good at history so I picked Geography but there was to many entrants
RS....never...again...
Film Studies - It's meant to be some amazing, cultural lesson but no, I was lucky enough to be in a school with the worst film studies teacher there is. He's smart and everything but honestly, he spends half of the lesson telling us what the learning objective is and his teaching methods aren't a GCSE suitable type. He tells us things yet doesn't explain, we've no idea how the exam will work out and worst of all, we always start a film and get halfway through it where he will then decide we need to move on; my exercise book is just so unorganized it's unreal .-.

Quick Reply

Latest