Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I love how Augusta brings players to life. The likes of Cabrera and Couples do nothing all year then the moment they step in Augusta National there is no stopping them.
    Agree completely. I'm a big fan of Cabrera especially; he came from a pretty poor background and only got his first set of clubs when he was 16. Now he's in contention for a third major victory!

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed at the lack of a TSR golfing society in the social groups section (and general lack of golf chat in the forums) so I've set one up today. Feel free to join, players and watchers alike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Disappointed at the lack of a TSR golfing society in the social groups section (and general lack of golf chat in the forums) so I've set one up today. Feel free to join, players and watchers alike.
    good thinking.

Looks to be shaping up for a good sunday, plenty still in contention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary Barlow)
    good thinking.

Looks to be shaping up for a good sunday, plenty still in contention.
    Thanks for joining! Yeah I'm following it on the web now, at least we've got one Brit still in with a chance. Tiger ominously close though (crouching?)

ReputationRep:
    I think it's set up for an exciting finish. Tiger's not so far back that he won't try, but he's far back enough that he'll have to press a bit early... I wouldn't mind a repeat of 2011!

ReputationRep:
    According to Hazel Irvine, Jason Day has some some device glued to his head to encourage his 'right' brain to be more proactive.

ReputationRep:
    According to Hazel Irvine, Jason Day has some some device glued to his head to encourage his 'right' brain to be more proactive.
    Over the last decade or so, it seems sports science has come on a lot. Sports people will look at anything to try and get an advantage. It's clearly working for him, although he'll be disappointed with his putting on the last two holes. Those mistakes may well cost him the title.

ReputationRep:
    OK Folks, pick your winner. I'm going for Adam Scott. He came up short at the Open last year but I think he'll work slowly and win it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with Kuchar.

ReputationRep:
    Cabrera

ReputationRep:
    I'll be kicking myself if Cabrera wins, he was 80/1 (apparently) at the start of the week, and I thought he might have a chance. Then again, I said the same about Harrington...

I'm going to say Leishman wins in a playoff over Cabrera and Scott.

ReputationRep:
    Snedeker

ReputationRep:
    Sunday ruddy sunday.

For anyone to lazy to look it up, top 10 currently stands at;

-7: Snedeker, Cabrera

-6: Scott

-5: Leishman, Day

-4: Kuchar

-3: Clark, Woods

-2: Fowler, Stricker, Langer, Westwood, Furyk

-1: Watney, Van Pelt, Fernandez-Castano, Garcia-Costanza

Those on -1 will start to tee off at 6:30pm, with the leaders going out at 7:40pm GMT.

I can see it going to a play off.

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Lee!

ReputationRep:
    Cabrera birdies to go -9. Two shots in front.

Hoping Scott returns into the frame but Angel, having won in 2009, looks extremely calm. Like that psychologist said, having won one of these before, you can control yourself abit more easier, i.e. nerves.

ReputationRep:
    Angel looks like some sort of mafia godfather.

ReputationRep:
    Tiger's struggling with his putting.

ReputationRep:
    When will Westwood sort out his putting. He could have won about 4 majors by now if he was any good.

ReputationRep:
    When will Westwood sort out his putting. He could have won about 4 majors by now if he was any good.
    You get the impressions from him that he thinks his putting is better than it is, and as long as he thinks that's OK to get it done, I can't really see him winning one, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    The entire thing just opened up with those 2 in the water...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.