Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=grumpylamb;42171235]My chemistry tutor added me on facebook. If you are still at the school where he is teaching then it is going over the line. Teachers and students shouldn't be friends on Facebook until the student or teacher leaves the school. If I were you I'd delete him from your friends list or don't accept his request. If you are worried about it talk to someone at your school about him. Teachers are meant to be professional figures for support but you can never be too careful. A teacher at my school last year was found out to be a paedophile. I'm not saying that your chemistry teacher is one, all I'm saying is that students shouldn't be friends on Facebook until they have left school. Besides do you really want your teacher snooping through your personal details? I know I wouldn't but that's my own opinion. I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    weird!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Erm pretty sure you arent allowed your teachers on any social networkong site untill 4 yrs after youve left unless its and alumini or subject group :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by grumpylamb)
    My chemistry tutor added me on facebook. This might sound weird but isnt that crossing the line between being a teacher and a friend? I dont know but there's 4 of us that get him in my year and there's a photo of us 4 and I can just imagine him snooping through my photos and seeing it and stuff. He added one of his other students (my friend) and she accepted so I will probably have to accept cause if not he will ask why I didnt at the next lesson. He is really nice and friendly but a couple of times I felt like he is flirting with me and he is young, he left uni recently. I dont know I just find it creepy that he might look through my photos or whatever and feel like it's crossing a line. Maybe if he added me after I stopped getting him or something but I dont feel its appropriate. Am I being an idiot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure abou teachers adding you when you're still in school, but I do know that when you will that's fine. My teacher who left school when I still went there I added her and that was fine!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.