The Student Room Group

British council graduate scheme 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
how's everyone feels about the reading and writting test? i found it not very easy. Anyone knows when can we get the result?
Original post by conswellie
how's everyone feels about the reading and writting test? i found it not very easy. Anyone knows when can we get the result?

they said that they aim to let us know by the end of the week.
does anyone else find attending their designated assessment day (if we get through) to be quite tricky? thought it was meant to be the week before..
Reply 62
Original post by urbansurf13
they said that they aim to let us know by the end of the week.
does anyone else find attending their designated assessment day (if we get through) to be quite tricky? thought it was meant to be the week before..

Mine will be on my 21 birthday if I get through to it - a good present if I get the job but a horrible way to spend my day if I don't! I think it always said 2-4 July on their website didn't it?
awh sorry about that! not a great present!
ehm, they had originally said late june but then changed it to july which is unfortunate..!
Reply 64
Anyone heard anything about the reading and writing test??
Anyone heard anything about the reading and writing test??

Nope not yet - its annoyingly short notice especially since its summer holidays.. fingers crossed though! Anyone have any idea how many people make it to assessment days? Would be interesting to know what your chances are once you're there..
Reply 66
Hey, has anyone heard anything today? I'm getting a bit concerned that it's only a week till the assessment centre...
Reply 67
Original post by jl09hlm
Hey, has anyone heard anything today? I'm getting a bit concerned that it's only a week till the assessment centre...

Haven't heard anything yet. Hope we can get the answer soon. If passed the language test, better to have more time preparing for the assessment centre...
Reply 68
Haven't heard anything yet. Hope we can get the answer soon. If passed the language test, better to have more time preparing for the assessment centre...

I know what you mean. It's such short notice. I live in Scotland so the train fare is going to be a bomb as well...
Reply 69
Original post by jl09hlm
I know what you mean. It's such short notice. I live in Scotland so the train fare is going to be a bomb as well...

HOPEFULLY if attending an assessment centre we will be able to reclaim expenses.. most big organisations do for these kinds of grad schemes. It's like we're all in limbo.. !
Nope not heard anything.. Keep checking my emails thinking surely they'll have sent something by now but sadly I'm always wrong!
Reply 71
Will the assessment centre for a whole day? well... that would be exhausting... haven't been to one before... hope they can give more information.
Will the assessment centre for a whole day? well... that would be exhausting... haven't been to one before... hope they can give more information.

It will probably be at least half a day - with some different group tasks as well as the individual interviews. I think they often have lunches or something more informal as well to see how you interact within a more casual context too. So yea quite intense!
Reply 73
Best of luck guys! :smile: I speak fluent Spanish (studied it at university, lived in Latin America for 2 years and my boyfriend is Latino). I'm thinking of applying for the 2014 scheme and hoping Spain/LatAm is an option next year! Will no doubt be counting on all your wonderful advice :wink:
Reply 74
Hi all!

Been reading this thread for ages but couldn't find anyone on the Grad Russia Programme :frown: I can't be the only one for sure!)
Reply 75
Just got the call, I got through to the assessment centre on the 4thJuly for the Greece programme :smile: Anyone else herd anything?
Reply 76
Original post by grenneh
Just got the call, I got through to the assessment centre on the 4thJuly for the Greece programme :smile: Anyone else herd anything?

Well done! I got through to Kenya on the 3rd. Is anyone else going for Kenya?
Just got an email and I was unsuccessful - wish there'd been a bit more feedback on why.

Congrats to everyone who got through and good luck for the assessment days and everyone who hasn't heard yet!
Reply 78
Hello everybody, I have just discovered this discussion, I will be in London on 4th July, will be assessed for the Italy programme. Anyone else on that day?
Reply 79
Original post by SClaire
Hello everybody, I have just discovered this discussion, I will be in London on 4th July, will be assessed for the Italy programme. Anyone else on that day?
Hey, I'll be there on Thursday too, but for the India programme. It looks like they might be staggering the times of everyone's assessments. I'm really glad there's not a group exercise..I'm awful at those!! Well I assume the role play one isn't a group exercise anyway.. :s

Also, good luck to all those who got through to the assessment. MaijaEliina - that's annoying you didn't get feedback. I've got to the assessment and interview stage of some jobs and have still been refused feedback which was really frustrating. Just have to keep at it!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply