The Student Room Group

Midwifery 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Oh that's really good! Mine was yesterday and it went ok I think. I'm awful at maths to but passed the test which was a relief! And I really likes the people they were all so friendly so Liverpool is defo my favourite at the moment. Waiting on finding out about other interviews now! Have you heard from any others? Xxx
Original post by staceylea
aww thank you, i'm so chuffed as it's my first choice so it's a massive weight off my shoulders! :smile:

the questions aren't what i'd call hard, you just need to make sure you're prepared and you should be able to answer anything. they don't throw anything unexpected at you! it's also a maths and english test which i found fine and i'm rubbish at maths normally!!

when is your interview? good luck!!
Reply 61
Hi I've got an interview at Manchester in January, what date is yours? And it's a group interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Well I've got my offer from Manchester and I've had an interview at Salford but they don't give out offers until March. I have an interview at Leeds at the end of this month and I got invited for an interview at Coventry but withdrew because I decided I didn't want to move that far away. Just waiting to hear back from Sheffield :smile: you?x
Reply 63
staceylea - how did you find the group interview at Manchester? I am dreading it, and the numeracy test is addition, multiplication, subtraction etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
i had an interview at manchester back in november... its a group interview with a maths and english test. its a really good day actually they're all lovely and make you feel really relaxed :smile:

Thank you :smile:. I've been reading through all of my notes and practiced writing for the essay but still feel nervous. I think when I'm there it'll be ok. Do they direct questions at certain people too or is it more of a discussion? Am I right in thinking that the english test takes 20 minutes?
Reply 65
Original post by ATobutt
Thank you :smile:. I've been reading through all of my notes and practiced writing for the essay but still feel nervous. I think when I'm there it'll be ok. Do they direct questions at certain people too or is it more of a discussion? Am I right in thinking that the english test takes 20 minutes?

Yeah the English yet is roughly 20 minutes and the maths test is an hour but you are allowed a calculator. The interview is a group discussion but they do direct a couple of questions at each individual but you all get asked the same thing to make it fair xx
Reply 66
Original post by raziqaxx
staceylea - how did you find the group interview at Manchester? I am dreading it, and the numeracy test is addition, multiplication, subtraction etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the group interview fine - it was really relaxed so dot worry about it just make sure you prepare. The maths test was fine I thought, as you get an hour which is ages for the amount of questions you get. And yes it does include those things! The English test is also nothing to worry about honestly I found the maths and English easy but then I did a lot of prep especially for maths xx
Reply 67
Well I've got my offer from Manchester and I've had an interview at Salford but they don't give out offers until March. I have an interview at Leeds at the end of this month and I got invited for an interview at Coventry but withdrew because I decided I didn't want to move that far away. Just waiting to hear back from Sheffield :smile: you?x

When did you have your interview at Salford and Manchester ? And was it a group interview? Also what kind of things did they ask during the interview? I applied just before Christmas and I still haven't heard from them, and they're my favourites so I will be gutted if I get rejected :frown::frown: xxx
Reply 68
Original post by lozthorpe95
I've got an interview at Cardiff on the 3rd of Jan yayyy :smile:. Still waiting to hear from the other 4 I applied to.

Regards to the work experience, it is so so hard to get it but I managed to volunteer on a postnatal ward for a year and I was also my sisters birthing partner so I'm hoping that counts for something!

x x

How did the interview go? And did you have to do a numeracy test before it? I have done the numeracy test but I haven't heard back from them yet, I didn't realise they were already interviewing people xx
I found the group interview fine - it was really relaxed so dot worry about it just make sure you prepare. The maths test was fine I thought, as you get an hour which is ages for the amount of questions you get. And yes it does include those things! The English test is also nothing to worry about honestly I found the maths and English easy but then I did a lot of prep especially for maths xx

After you sent your application, how long was it before you heard from Leeds?? x
Reply 70
Hello :smile: I have applied for midwifery 2014 and feeling the pressure. I have had two interviews so far and both I was so nervous I couldnt get any sensible words out. Havent been rejected yet though. Both were MMI ones, however I have 2 more which are one group and one individual so hopefully these will be better. Plus I'm waiting to hear if I passed maths at Cardiff. So scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Rosanna7
When did you have your interview at Salford and Manchester ? And was it a group interview? Also what kind of things did they ask during the interview? I applied just before Christmas and I still haven't heard from them, and they're my favourites so I will be gutted if I get rejected :frown::frown: xxx

i had them both in november (one day after the other!). salford was individual and really lovely and relaxed, the interviewers are so lovely and chatty! and manchester was also a nice day but it was a group interview so depends what you prefer!
Reply 72
Original post by catherinehw
After you sent your application, how long was it before you heard from Leeds?? x

urmmm about7 weeks or something but i sent my ucas form off the day ucas opened x
Reply 73

I applied on the 17th December and had my interview at Manchester yesterday. There's a 15 mins written exercise then a group interview with 8-10 other candidates and lasts approx. 30 mins. There's individual questions and a group discussion question. Personally I didn't enjoy the group interview cause I felt the group discussion was just everyone's opinions rather than a debate. Also as the majority of other applicants in my group where older and had more experience they had a lot more to talk about. Also as they have reduced the intake from 64 to 50 I'm even more nervous that I may not receive an offer. However they all make you feel really welcome and relaxed and it has made me like Manchester University even more. The maths test is 1 hour which I felt is more than enough time for the given questions. There's a practice site that you can prepare for the maths test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Hi everyone! :smile:
I applied for Midwifery December 7th and I applied to LJMU, Sheffield Hallam, Edge Hill, York and Bradford.
I received an interview for LJMU the other day and I'm so happy about it but rather nervous! I'm currently doing my A2 work in college also.
Has anybody heard back from Sheffield Hallam yet? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
I applied on the 17th December and had my interview at Manchester yesterday. There's a 15 mins written exercise then a group interview with 8-10 other candidates and lasts approx. 30 mins. There's individual questions and a group discussion question. Personally I didn't enjoy the group interview cause I felt the group discussion was just everyone's opinions rather than a debate. Also as the majority of other applicants in my group where older and had more experience they had a lot more to talk about. Also as they have reduced the intake from 64 to 50 I'm even more nervous that I may not receive an offer. However they all make you feel really welcome and relaxed and it has made me like Manchester University even more. The maths test is 1 hour which I felt is more than enough time for the given questions. There's a practice site that you can prepare for the maths test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, thanks for letting me know. Good luck and I hope you get an offer! Do you know how I can find the practise site for the maths? :smile:
Reply 76
i had them both in november (one day after the other!). salford was individual and really lovely and relaxed, the interviewers are so lovely and chatty! and manchester was also a nice day but it was a group interview so depends what you prefer!

Oh right okay :smile: Did you have any tests or assessments to do? I haven't heard from either yet and I'm starting to worry I won't even get am interview :frown: Good luck with your application anyway!
Reply 77
Oh right, thanks for letting me know. Good luck and I hope you get an offer! Do you know how I can find the practise site for the maths? :smile:

Thank you and hopefully you'll hear from Manchester soon. I still haven't heard back from Salford either. This is the practice site that the university provided:
http://info.snap.nhs.uk
It's really good and some of the practice questions came up on my real one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Thank you and hopefully you'll hear from Manchester soon. I still haven't heard back from Salford either. This is the practice site that the university provided:
http://info.snap.nhs.uk
It's really good and some of the practice questions came up on my real one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!
Reply 79

I've got an interview at Leeds this Friday, when's yours? I've also got interviews at Manchester (31st Jan), Salford (11th Feb) and York (21st Feb) and I got a rejection from Chester back in December..

How did you find Manchester and Salford?? xx
Laura Buxton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending