Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Buy xbox 360 or wait for xbox 720? watch

ReputationRep:
    Get a 360, the catalogue is huge and should hold you until the 720 gets a significant price drop. Never buy launch day consoles, they're a rip-off and the games are way over priced too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaynii)
    Hi everyone, I just sold my PS2 and I am looking for a replacement console. I'm thinking about the Xbox 360 in 250GB. It's £175 on amazon which is within my budget as I don't want to spend over £200. However, I read online that the Xbox 720 will be out by Xmas this year. Do you think I should wait for that or buy the 360? I'm going to university next year and want to take an Xbox with me, what do you think I should do. Btw I don't play online so will have no need for online gaming, which I have heard rumours that the Xbox 720 is all about online gaming? Should I risk it and pay extra for the 720? Or should I stick with the 360? Thank you for your help x
    If you look on gumtree or ebay you can get a white xbox for about £50 or a black one for £100ish.

Would tide you over until the 720.

ReputationRep:
    Get 360 now and play the biggest and best current gen games, then get a PS4 when it comes out, because from what we know so far, the PS4 looks a lot more promising than the 720.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Sri Lanka. This is my plan. I got the original XBOX 360 Elite 120 GB with NFS Shift and Forza 3 for free from New Zealand in 2009. I modded it here first for 80 pounds approx at that time and bought backed up games which were burnt on dual layer discs for 35 pounds each. Then last year modded it again for the new dashboard for 27 pounds in a different shop. Got a Kinect as a present and now am selling it.

Regarding the question, I'm waiting till the specs of 720 is released hope it isnt the same as the rumours, if it then will the PS4. Personally in 85% thinking of buying the PS4 instead of the 720 because from earlier consoles, Sony has made better consoles. Although the XBOX 360 had better games, quality was better on the PS3.

Hope the 720 releases this year cause me or one of my family members is going to NZ in December so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I don't want the PS4 to be better than the 720. Means I'd have to sell the old steering wheel and stand. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Thing is, if you did a 360 degree turn, you'd just walk right back into it.
    That's why I thought it was brilliant. ;p

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.