Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123formyabc)
    Hard paper i reckon below 58 for an a. What lines did everyone get for the last question
    Think I got y = x - 1 for one of them and y = -x for the other

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did you get in the matrix questions because I was kind of baffled except the first and the last parts. I think the (ii) I got p'(2,-2), (iii) y=-x, (iv) y =6

ReputationRep:
    Hard paper i reckon below 58 for an a. What lines did everyone get for the last question
    I think I put y=6 for one answer then something like y=-x for another one, was in the last minute so not exactly reliable lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaqil)
    Guys what did you get in the matrix questions because I was kind of baffled except the first and the last parts. I think the (ii) I got p'(2,-2), (iii) y=-x, (iv) y =6
    What was the original p coordinate can you remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackb1234)
    Think I got y = x - 1 for one of them and y = -x for the other
    For the last one I got y = x, since I kept getting the collumn matrix (y y). I got y = -x for iii) but y =x for vi.

Ill post the question if any1 wants to check:

ill do rest in a second yea
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaqil)
    Yeah man thats all correct, checking the paper currently looks good.

Nah wait, p(-2,2) not what you wrote.

ReputationRep:
    Great i put something similar. But.. It sounds like i messed up on he argand diagram i got 3 - j, will he error get carried forward? So ill only lose like a 2 marks for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Can anyone remember what they got for question 6?
    The question was x^3-5x^2+3x-6=0 has roots... Find the cubic with roots (a/3)+1, (B/3)+1 and (y/3)+1.

I got 9w^3-42w^2+60w-29=0?
    Just did it and i got 9w^3 -42w^2 +60w -29 =0 after simplfying. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Just did it and i got 9w^3 -42w^2 +60w -29 =0 after simplfying. :cool:
    Thats definitely the right answer checked it on the calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdcefghi)
    Thats definitely the right answer checked it on the calculator
    haha thats what I did, i found alpha of the original equation and did a/3 +1 and it did indeed work.

ReputationRep:
    For the last one I got y = x, since I kept getting the collumn matrix (y y). I got y = -x for iii) but y =x for vi.

Ill post the question if any1 wants to check:

ill do rest in a second yea
    omg yeah could you please post a few pictures of the whole paper. Thought it was vile. Didn't manage to prove by induction, fudged it up half way through...If grade boundaries are like a record low I may have got an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCreator)
    omg yeah could you please post a few pictures of the whole paper. Thought it was vile. Didn't manage to prove by induction, fudged it up half way through...If grade boundaries are like a record low I may have got an A
    I got you man, sending from phone

ReputationRep:
    Can someone upload pictures of the whole paper please would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Far as I was concerned, it seemed a rather middle-of-the-road paper in terms of difficulty, maybe slightly more difficult than average, albeit MUCH nicer than the one this January.

I struggled to plot the argand diagram. As far as I remember, it asked you to plot z1, z2, z1-z2, and z1+z2.

\left | {z_{2}}  \right | = 5

arg(z_{2}) = \frac{\pi}{4}

Using them both I got:

z_{2}​ = \frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2}+\frac{5\sqrt  {2}}{2}j

The roots question seemed a bit out of the way, I remember having an x3 coefficient of 9x^{3} and the others were fairly high.

ReputationRep:
    Here lads

Can someone please find what the equation of the line is in the last part of 9?

Is it y =x? im dying to know
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Here lads

Can someone please find what the equation of the line is in the last part of 9?

Is it y =x? im dying to know

I got y=-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Political Cake)
    Far as I was concerned, it seemed a rather middle-of-the-road paper in terms of difficulty, maybe slightly more difficult than average, albeit MUCH nicer than the one this January.

I struggled to plot the argand diagram. As far as I remember, it asked you to plot z1, z2, z1-z2, and z1+z2.

\left | {z_{2}}  \right | = 5

arg(z_{2}) = \frac{\pi}{4}

Using them both I got:

z_{2}​ = \frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2}+\frac{5\sqrt  {2}}{2}j

The roots question seemed a bit out of the way, I remember having an x3 coefficient of 9x^{3} and the others were fairly high.
    Yep I agree with your answer for z2.

The diagram was really cluttered with tons of surds. I think I had like 3 complex numbers in the positive x quadrant and 1 somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCreator)
    I got y=-x
    I got that for part iii or whatever it was before, not for the last part!

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to q2 lol i sound like an idiot

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to q2 lol i sound like an idiot
    -3+j/-3-j

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.