Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst thing you've done to your pet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Omg! For a very long time I didn't look after my tortoise cos I was busy with exams, suddenly I went to visit it. It was dead:nooo: that day was my worst day of my life. I wished I was there all the time for him.

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally sat on my computer because he was hiding beneath the covers a few years ago, he's fine though just petrified of beds...

ReputationRep:
    After watching a Mr Bean episode (when I was about 7 and my brother was 4) we thought it would be fine to take our dad's goldfish out of water without it dying - how wrong we were -_- When my dad came back from work he killed us lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've stepped on my cat loads of times To be fair, it's kind of her own fault, she's always jumping right in front of my feet or weaving between my feet as I'm trying to walk somewhere.
    She's always quick to forgive me though

Also, I know she's scared of the smell of onions, so sometimes when she jumps onto the table (where she's not allowed to be) I'll scare her away by holding an onion to her face. She definitely does not approve of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgettingWhatsername)
    I've stepped on my cat loads of times To be fair, it's kind of her own fault, she's always jumping right in front of my feet or weaving between my feet as I'm trying to walk somewhere.
    She's always quick to forgive me though

Also, I know she's scared of the smell of onions, so sometimes when she jumps onto the table (where she's not allowed to be) I'll scare her away by holding an onion to her face. She definitely does not approve of that.

my cat also knows the feeling of being stepped.. She's always walking around me, the worst thing is when I'm carrying a hot cup of tea. She's always happy and tries to rub against my leg :rolleyes:

Once I was walking through the corridor. It was dark and I just didn't notice her.. and just kicked her. The worst thing was that I didn't even notice her - when I turned the light on she was gone.

ReputationRep:
    My dwarf hamster was in her ball and I accidentally kicked it across the room :s I still feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    Stood on my cats head when he was a kitten... His whole mouth was bleeding and he had to have stitches under anaesthetic... He was only just old enough to go outside!! He seems to have forgiven me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Accidentally kicked my Yorkshire terrier right across the kitchen floor - she slid from one end to the other. Needless to say, she made up for it in a completely deserved, relentless attack on my feet!

ReputationRep:
    My dog is petrified of my mum's hula-hoop, so sometimes I lie it flat on the ground and place his favourite toy right in the middle.
    The conflict of emotion is hilarious.

To this day, he's never plucked up the courage to get his toy from the middle of the hoop.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 5 year old Rottweiler who does stupid stuff like this all the time, and we probably encourage it :P

My brother got a laser pen, and we would shine it on the wall and she'd try to catch the light, but just kept headbutting the wall. She literally didn't stop - just carried on again and again. We'd also make it fly from one end of the room to the other and watch her run around like a loony trying to catch it

Also - she LOVES fly spray. In the summer if we get flies we get the aerosol can and she goes mad and starts sniffing the floor trying to find dead flies, and now if you just hold your hand out and make the hissing noise it sets her off :P

Lastly - she watches TV and gets angry :L There used to be an advert, I think it might've been Lloyds TSB that had cartoon piggy banks running all over the place, and she would go mad barking at it and trying to jump at the TV. We recorded the advert and would wait for her to go upstairs then play it, she'd hear the music, come bounding down, we'd turn over and she looked really confused :L

ReputationRep:
    I was fixing my water gun in the garden when my cat went up to sniff the water gun at the worst moment and it fired all over her!

on the flip side my cat got revenge by bringing in frogs every week in summer! I hate frogs!!

I used to have a really stupid cat that somehow lived until he was 21, anyway when he was getting really senile he used to stand over candles and set himself on fire. I would only notice because I would suddenly smell singed fluff, I then would have to sprint him down to the bathroom and chuck him in the shower. stupid cat..

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1371980335510.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  47.8 KB

This haha, he's a boy ;-)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when I walk my dog in the woods ill throw a stick for him and while he's running after it I'll run off in the opposite direction and hide. I always feel bad but all the running around looking for me wears him out and since he's a Jack Russell it can be very hard to wear him out. I always give him a treat when he finds me though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was 3 years old or thereabouts.............and I was riding my red tricycle................the family dog - Spot - was sitting with his back to me..................so being 3 and curious I ran over Spot's tail with my tricycle. Awwwrrrrrrrr. My mother gave me verbal serve and explained that my actions hurt him. I have never been unkind to animals since that incident.

ReputationRep:
    Let her sit on the sand when she's a Shar-Pei

Name:  246943_10151646888972438_1103847541_n.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  59.0 KB

If you know anything about their tales you can see why this might be a problem

ReputationRep:
    I was winding one of our cats up with a water pistol when I shot at her and she caught the water stream in one of her eyes. It was only a piddly little water pistol but the next day, her eye was all inflamed. Totally my fault.

Asides from that, accidentally stepping on the cats and standing on the dog's paws.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the cat was out of the house so I didn't bother shutting the front door when letting the two birds out of the cage but it turned out it was actually just asleep upstairs and woke up and came down.

fortunately all that happened was one of the birds got an awful scare being chased and I got very scratched restraining a cat who thought it had some prey.

ReputationRep:
    My cat got set on fire twice. We have gas hobs and when my mum is cooking, she'll take the pot off but might leave the hob on. So, my cat decided to walk across the hobs and got set on fire. We turned it off straight away, so she was OK, just with slightly shorter fur.

ReputationRep:
    Gave my cat an electric shock... three times

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My cat was sleeping in the washing machine and I didn't know. I proceeded to put the clothes in the machine and there was no noise I could hear. I shut the door and I put it on. I walked away and then a minute or two later heard regular thumps in the washing machine as if I had put boots in or something like that. I then went back to the machine, switched It off and opened the door.:eek: A wet cat then sprinted out of the washing machine and I burst out laughing.:gigg: The cat gets spooked now every time it goes past the washing machine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.