Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a large income and a good amount of savings, what causes could I donate too? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsCourtney)
    Although I am very young, I've had the rather good fortune to be quite successful (although I work hard) and currently have a well paid job working alternately in the UK and Canada. I also have other freelance jobs that I do that do well.

Since I'm not one to lead a too posh life (Don't have Porsches etc, I have a simple Toyota Auris), I'd like to make some donations to good causes and help people in need.

What causes and charities would be good options to donate too?
    Whilst donating money to a charity is a fantastic thing to do, giving up your time to volunteer is even more generous and more personally gratifying than giving a donation!

Mary's meals is a good charity, they feed thousands of children all over Africa and Eastern Europe every day, in fact they can feed one child in Malawi for one year on about £6.50! I like them as a charity as something like 97% of money donated goes straight to their causes whilst the other amount prints their newsletter and pays for the upkeep of certain things such as the website. It's amazing how many children you could end up feeding, and remember it's for a whole year!

Well done for being so thoughtful and generous with your money. Choose wisely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Alzheimer's Society- 800,00 people in the UK suffer from Dementia. There will be over 1 million people with Dementia by 2021. Alzheimer's has a reputation as being a disease that only effects the elderly which isn't true. 17,000 younger people in the UK suffer from Dementia. Not to mention the 670,000 life's which are affected as non professional carers for Dementia patients (friends and family).

Dementia affects so many people and will affect so many people in the future. It causes so much pain and suffering for not only the patient but also their families. I know this as an individual who's life has been devastated by this illness.

'It seems that when you have cancer you are a brave battler against the disease, but when you have Alzheimer's you are an old fart. That's how people see you. It makes you feel quite alone' Terry Pratchett
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you would be surprised how cheap it is to have a porch installed these days:

http://www.quotesonwindows.co.uk/?attachment_id=85
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    :rofl:
    You just bumped a 4 month old thread to post that?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    You just bumped a 4 month old thread to post that?
    Ive only just seen this thread and I didn't check the dates. Im not exactly sure why im defending myself over something so petty, but there you go.

If you care, shes been involved in another car accident :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsCourtney)
    Although I am very young, I've had the rather good fortune to be quite successful (although I work hard) and currently have a well paid job working alternately in the UK and Canada. I also have other freelance jobs that I do that do well.

Since I'm not one to lead a too posh life (Don't have Porsches etc, I have a simple Toyota Auris), I'd like to make some donations to good causes and help people in need.

What causes and charities would be good options to donate too?
    The english language society, to learn how to spell to. BURN.

Just kidding. If this is legit, and not a troll, then homelessness charities are good. Take a second to think how much it would suck balls being out on the street (where it's not your own fault, i.e. abuse, etc). People walk past homeless all the time and don't even make eye contact, it must knock your confidence and self worth something awful. There's a newish sort of homeless charity I found online that fund centres and stuff, I won't say their name just incase it's not what you're after. Just do your research, moneybags.

Failing that, I could do with some cash.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.