Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Silly things said in football. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    In the right team I highly rate Joe Cole at his best :confused: I must be the only one though.
    No-one would dispute that he has talent but that quotation above is just moronic.

Surprisingly I didn't find anything particularly laughable on the BBC live feed today.

ReputationRep:
    "You never win anything with kids" Hanson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    "You never win anything with kids" Hanson
    In all fairness, he's generally been proved correct. That Manchester United team was an anomaly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    In all fairness, he's generally been proved correct. That Manchester United team was an anomaly.
    How many super young teams have actually come in with a fair chance of winning the title though? Closest would have been last season and even then united had loads of key players in the team.

I think that's just a generic phrase used for the sake of it. Borussia dortmund have shown they can do it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    No-one would dispute that he has talent but that quotation above is just moronic.

Surprisingly I didn't find anything particularly laughable on the BBC live feed today.
    He's no Messi, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    'I want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.

---
    'My response was below the level expected by Chelsea Football Club, and by me, and it will not happen again.'

-John Terry.

Yes it will, you lying ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    How many super young teams have actually come in with a fair chance of winning the title though? Closest would have been last season and even then united had loads of key players in the team.

I think that's just a generic phrase used for the sake of it. Borussia dortmund have shown they can do it too.
    Well, perhaps, yes - but it's still very rare to have top teams which have such a high proportion of first-team youngsters. Even that United team still had a lot of 'older' players like Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick and Valencia. (Over twenty-five). Players like Jones and Smalling played a big part, but not as big a part as that United team.

ReputationRep:
    George Baggaley: "Another big game where Ronaldo hasn't turned up."

Not because Ronaldo didn't go missing tonight - he did - but because the myth that Ronaldo doesn't perform in big games needs to be quelled once and for all.

Dizzler: "Real Madrid need to stop trying to walk it In. Shoot on site."

This needs no explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    The words of wisdom from the great pundit that is Alan Shearer:

"If only that ball was better, he would have scored."
    Shearer also said "if that ball had been better then that attack would have been.....better"

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Redknapp

Wayne Rooney is LITERALLY on fire

ReputationRep:
    Anything about "must win" games and any time anyone says a team "may have scored too early".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    After EVERY Liverpool game where we fail to score. "Oh, but their goalkeeper was in the form of his life!"

Then that old 'We never underestimated them. They were better than we thought' Hahaha.
    Alex McCarthy prime example
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Think we can add this to the list now

Paolo Di Canio "Villa Park is an easy place to go to, it is less hostile than a Pavorotti concert"

ReputationRep:
    I remember a few games ago, Craig Burley said something like "Inter doesn't sell good players" when talking about Coutinho.

ReputationRep:
    "He could have been killed. Williams should be banned for a long time.", "Most dangerous thing I've seen on a field for years" - Fergie following Ashley Williams striking the ball into the back of Van Persie's head

ReputationRep:
    There's no way back for United from this

ReputationRep:
    "The championship is a hard league to get out of" - step forward Wolves! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."
    Kevin Keegan

"I never make predictions, and I never will."
    Paul Gascoigne

"Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today."
    Steve Lomas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    "He could have been killed. Williams should be banned for a long time.", "Most dangerous thing I've seen on a field for years" - Fergie following Ashley Williams striking the ball into the back of Van Persie's head
    Haha I remember on here people (united fans) were actually defending that and saying he could genuinely have been killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Haha I remember on here people (united fans) were actually defending that and saying he could genuinely have been killed.
    I wouldn't have been too sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.