Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you made any good friends on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I made a really good friend on here because she was thinking about coming to my uni and we ended up going to Rome together last week! Crazy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    I think you just need to find your people. I'm sure when you get a job and start working you'll be fine. You can always PM me or whatever if you want. I'm not saying you have to, just that the option's there.
    Seems a lot of people on here have made one or two friends on here...how that is possible is beyond me...

im fairly okay with small chat and such, just dont see how a friendship would be formed from it :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    Seems a lot of people on here have made one or two friends on here...how that is possible is beyond me...

im fairly okay with small chat and such, just dont see how a friendship would be formed from it :holmes:
    I think it depends on how you define "friends" tbh, personally I see a "proper friend" as someone you would go out & do stuff with & whom appreciates you & can have a laugh together etc, etc

ReputationRep:
    Nope, haven't been here long enough and haven't posted any funny, witty or shock inducing things. I have, however, made a very, very good friend in an anime forum, of all places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    I think it depends on how you define "friends" tbh, personally I see a "proper friend" as someone you would go out & do stuff with & whom appreciates you & can have a laugh together etc, etc
    same. thats the kind of friendship group i aspire to have someday. ideally, off the internet :pierre:
    i was never the social type, growing up, me being aspie and all...

but regarding this context (friendship on an internet forum), it seems people have friends defined as 'people who they regularly talk to, beyond that of small chat' in mind...

ReputationRep:

Really? You've been on here for a few years I'm a little shocked you haven't made at least one good friend I met my closest friend on a different chat website. Not really made any 'close' friends here yet though. But I think close friendships are formed once you start to open up to someone and reveal your true self to them etc. I have a lot of people I just talk to for ****s and giggs but serious stuff? Not so many.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

PM me and we'll be bezzies! In all seriousness, one of them just seemed to notice from my posts that something was wrong (apparently they had a different 'tone' to them even though I was posting about something completely unrelated). The other just seems to be into similar things to myself. I don't know, it's just what it is I suppose. One of them knows a lot about me actually. Like, stuff I'd never say to some people.

The one person I have met since speaking on TSR is now my best uni friend.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and I have been let down by some whilst others sit back and was their hands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Really? You've been on here for a few years I'm a little shocked you haven't made at least one good friend I met my closest friend on a different chat website. Not really made any 'close' friends here yet though. But I think close friendships are formed once you start to open up to someone and reveal your true self to them etc. I have a lot of people I just talk to for ****s and giggs but serious stuff? Not so many.
    i may have died a little inside after reading the first sentence (technically first two sentences)...
    i was on an anime site and regularly chatted on their chat section in the past. though it was mainly going along with what other people were talking about. think the site went down hill at some point :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    I know it's just an online forum but just wondering
    I feel I should add my own experience here - I shared a house for a year with 5 other people, 3 of whom I originally met on TSR. At least one of them's still an active member.

ReputationRep:
    i may have died a little inside after reading the first sentence...
    i was on an anime site and regularly chatted on their chat section in the past. though it was mainly going along with what other people were talking about :pierre:
    Awh no! I didn't mean it in a rude way, I mean the chat site I used to be a regular on, I was there since 2005 and only made one true friend. And she lives so far away it's impossible to see her more than 2, maybe 3 times a year in person. Also you seem like a nice guy which is why I found it surprising

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Awh no! I didn't mean it in a rude way, I mean the chat site I used to be a regular on, I was there since 2005 and only made one true friend. And she lives so far away it's impossible to see her more than 2, maybe 3 times a year in person. Also you seem like a nice guy which is why I found it surprising

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds cool meeting up them in person, even if its not that often. at least youll have a lot of material to talk about the next time you do meet up i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sai4)
    Does anyone here even lift?
    What's that got to do with making friends on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    sounds cool meeting up them in person, even if its not that often. at least youll have a lot of material to talk about the next time you do meet up i suppose
    True, but she's the only girl I really enjoy spending time with. I seem to have lost all my friends recently :lol: And it's a bit difficult when the only friend you want to spend time with is so far away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last time a thread like this was made, a meet materialised from it if I'm correct :holmes: so I'm subscribing because I'm a huge predator

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Thedreaming*)
    Nope.
    What about me? :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Last time a thread like this was made, a meet materialised from it if I'm correct :holmes: so I'm subscribing because I'm a huge predator

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even if the meet doesn't include you? Will you just turn up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if any of the people I chat to are friends. ..I get on really well with most of the people though but I never expected anything besides the odd cheerful conversations anyways who wants to be my friend on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    I feel comfortable with talking to a few people now. :3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.