Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like to feel squeaky clean and fresh at all times, so I shower every day.

Afro hair becomes ridulously dry and breaks if you wash it every day, so I wash my hair once every week and a half.

And to those who say they don't sweat/smell when they take one or 2 baths/showers a week - you are used to your own smell and probably arent the best judge of whether you smell pongy unless it's really, really over powering. Other people will detect it much easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    I can't believe the amount of people on here who don't shower/bath once a day? I thought showering daily was standard hygiene practice? :lolwut:

I shower once a day, usually evening, to wash the day off. Can't get into bed without doing it because I'd feel gross. I don't even sweat that much, but I like being clean. Wash my hair every 2/3 days.
    Unless you're rolling around in muck there is really no need to have a shower every day. People are just massive germophobes.

ReputationRep:
    For me to be able to shower would be a luxury, and something that I would take full advantage of.Alas the water pressure in my house is abysmal and it isnt strong enough, so all we have is a bath, and the bathroom sink of course.

ReputationRep:
    Once a week, but I guess it explains my acne

ReputationRep:
    I shower every morning, and then around 3 times a week I will have a bath in the evening too.

I can't stand feeling sweaty :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    I try and shower once a day, and the most I'll push it to is two days. Otherwise my hair becomes extremely greasy and my body, especially my face, feels really disgusting and dirty.

Plus showering allows me to philosophise on why Hobbes was just too much of a pessimist, y'know?

ReputationRep:
    You need to shower once per day. MINIMUM!

I cannot fathom why people go days without washing; I find it gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Unless you're rolling around in muck there is really no need to have a shower every day. People are just massive germophobes.
    It's not about germs, it's about sweat. People sweat every day. Makes sense to shower every day too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    It's not about germs, it's about sweat. People sweat every day. Makes sense to shower every day too.
    Unless you are sweating profusely I really don't see why you'd need to shower every day. I have no problem with people doing it, but it's when people act like those who don't have leprosy that it's a bit :lolwut:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    You need to shower once per day. MINIMUM!

I cannot fathom why people go days without washing; I find it gross.
    Where has anyone said that they don't wash every day? Just because someone doesn't shower, doesn't mean they don't wash every day.

ReputationRep:
    Bath every day usually, sometimes a shower in the morning but that depends upon if I'm running late or not.

ReputationRep:
    I shower everyday..sometimes twice a day even.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris-69)
    To those who are shocked at how unhygienic not showering daily is:

"Still, showering regularly is recommended for good personal hygiene. Showering too much, however, can have a potentially damaging effect on your skin.

The outermost layer of your skin's surface (called the stratum corneum or horny layer) is a barrier made of hardened, dead skin cells. These skin cells offer protection for the underlying layers of living, healthy cells. The horny layer is more than just dead skin cells; it's held together by lipids, which are fatty compounds that actually help maintain moisture in your skin.

Anytime you take a shower -- especially a hot one -- with soap and a scrubbing device like a washcloth or a loofah, you're undermining the integrity of your skin's horny layer. The soap and the hot water dissolve the lipids in the skin and scrubbing only hastens the process. The more showers you take, the more frequently this damage takes place and the less time your skin has to repair itself through natural oil production. What's more, the horny layer of your skin can be sloughed off by scrubbing, exposing the delicate skin cells beneath. The result of showering too frequently is generally dry, irritated and cracked skin."

Of course everyone's different, though and some people's skin will dry less easily than others, so no point just going on that. Just making a point that as long as you shower fairly frequently, there's no absolute fact which says you'll be better off showering daily.

I shower every other day.
    :rofl: Cannot stop laughing.

ReputationRep:
    Every day when I'm at uni - the first things I do after getting out of bed are clean my teeth and then have a shower because it wakes me up a bit. My hair gets quite greasy over the course of every day so I have to wash that every day, and if I don't have a shower then I'll feel dirty & sweaty all day until I do. I really miss showers when I go home from uni as we don't have one, just a bath, and it's not really possible for me to have a bath every day. I try to have one every other day and still wash my hair and try to have a wash as best I can in the sink every day though.

ReputationRep:
    I shower everyday, body wash, but I read that the more you wash your hair, the greasier it gets, so I wash my hair every other day.
    But yeah I shower everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanbabbar./)
    I shower everyday, body wash, but I read that the more you wash your hair, the greasier it gets, so I wash my hair every other day.
    But yeah I shower everyday.
    which hair are we talking about here now lol (pun intended) nice dp though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    your mate is probably trolling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    I can't start my day without a shower, it just feels wrong without it and it blows the cobwebs away a bit.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    you know you need a shower wen you wake up feeling dirty and get a whiff of the stench from your balls after taking a pee..
    And that make me laugh out loud.

rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    which hair are we talking about here now lol (pun intended) nice dp though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol:

I was talking about the hair on your head :')
    but thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.