Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    Polygamy is where one man has multiple wives it almost NEVER occurs where one woman has multiple husbands. Both are wrong and leave a lot of men and women depressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i am talking about this thing that you say is never occurring, which is polygamy of both way.

this is the subject being of my thread, as i am saying in multiplication of timing.

i am not talking about polygyny.

and since polygamy both way is never occurring, how are you know is leave men and woman depressed? is this guessing ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    To hold crazy ideas would make me conclude that you are crazy. Or very unintelligent or deluded.

If it symbolises love then why is it ok to have sex with whores? Does the man love them?
    re read my post i accident pressing send earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    NO IT DOES NOT. You'll figure that out eventually.
    i am accident post my post early, re read my completing post

is not me who is say sex has meaning intrinsic, is jacob who is assert this. i am say opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    re read my post i accident pressing send earlier
    If you want to live with a husband who sleeps with whores then I guess I can't stop you.

You are completely wrong though. By only having sex with one person you make it special. More exclusive. It creates a more intimate bond between the man and woman.

But you obviously don't think so. Why don't you live like that for ten years and see if you are happy then let us know?

ReputationRep:
    She really is crazy! She either places no value in sex at all or is quite happy for her husband to disrespect her.
    She spends too much time on the Internet then

ReputationRep:
    If you want to live with a husband who sleeps with whores then I guess I can't stop you.

You are completely wrong though. By only having sex with one person you make it special. More exclusive. It creates a more intimate bond between the man and woman.

But you obviously don't think so. Why don't you live like that for ten years and see if you are happy then let us know?

Know, i am say husband can go sleeping with whore if i can go sleeping with whore.

this is only conversation idea doing, i am think is interest topic. do not keep getting personal, i know you finding difficult not to getting personal in discussion as proven in you posting.

and you keep saying you opinion, but you not stating the reason for you opininon. i am know you think it creates more special bond, but why do you thinking is make more special bond? why is exclusive equal to intimate in you opinionated?

ReputationRep:
    I would allow my wife to watch me having sex with another women if it brings her pleasure. Yes I am prepared to sacrifice my body for her pleasure, because im just that great of a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    You are just doing tautology of monogyny

you are not doing explain why this is bad?
    Because it will lead to 75% of men being miserable and will increase civil unrest.

ReputationRep:
    It's wrong!!! If you are in love with somebody you should only think about being with them and be faithful to just them. I don't believe that you can be in love with more than one person at the same time and if you are then make a decision rather than keeping them both!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abs626)
    It's wrong!!! If you are in love with somebody you should only think about being with them and be faithful to just them. I don't believe that you can be in love with more than one person at the same time and if you are then make a decision rather than keeping them both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Monogamy is a matter of personal choice. Some people are only comfortable with being monogamous, but they should not force a polyamorous partner to conform to that.

ReputationRep:
    Well because sex is something that you use to show love for someone it should be exclusive and only be for one person, having sex with lots of people just shows you don't respect your body or yourself enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abs626)
    Well because sex is something that you use to show love for someone it should be exclusive and only be for one person, having sex with lots of people just shows you don't respect your body or yourself enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sex is one way of sharing intimacy with someone; it's not the only way, and that's not the only aspect of sex. Understanding your physical and emotional wants and needs and acting on them responsibly seems like a far better way of respecting yourself (and everybody else involved) than being bound by some third party morality that you don't believe in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do think it is right to question monogamy as it is not something you see in many other primates - especially bonobos

Though it seems like you are looking at the alternative in a very monogamous way.

If we look and bonobos compared to human there is one big difference: jealousy!
    We are intrinsically very jealous primates and we have much longer attachment phases and bonds - stronger and longer lasting. This means less sexual partners and keeping them for a long time. (this is very beneficial btw )

Now when I say you are looking at it in a monogamous way I mean that you are assuming that it will entail either partner going off to have an extended sexual relationship with someone else, when in actual fact it should be more as a unit.

The possible reason that monogamy is not inbuilt as strongly is because sex is used as bonding, not just making babies, and for deep intimate relationships between people sexual encounters strengthens the bond.

So I do not think we are built to have many relationships with other people because of our attachments and jealousy, however to extend the bonds to possibly more people. This would make better, stronger families and also have better units for children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    Poly-andry don't appear in nature, polyandry is where one woman has four men. Poly-gyny appers in nature, where one man has four wives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To disregard the ' morality' or not of monogamy, what about this? - many women must have had multiple partners for sperm competition to have developed.

A phenomenon known as "Sperm Competition" is taking the scientific world by storm. It's where sperm actually fight, battle, attack, and even kill sperm of another male. What is sperm competition, exactly?

When more than one man has sex with a woman in a short period of time, she has within her sperm from different men. The goal of the sperm is to fertilize the egg. This is the reason for their existence. But when sperm from different partners are all placed in the same vagina, the sperm from each man groups together and does battle against the other groups of sperm. The winner gets to fertilize the egg.

It is estimated that only 1% of male sperm is actually "Fertilization Sperm." The other 99% are actually called "Killer Sperm." The job of the Killer Sperm is to fight off other sperm.

Let's say you have men A, B, and C who have all had sex with one woman. Group A will get together and fight Groups B and C. Group B will fight Groups A and C, and Group C will fight Groups A and B.

These different Groups have been shown to actually form barriers against other Groups of sperm to prevent them from reaching the egg. Numerous sperm from one Group will attack a single sperm or bands of sperm from another Group. And the sperm from one Group will go one-on-one with other sperm. This is serious business. The sperm actually secrete deadly enzymes that are used to kill other sperm.

This all has to do with Natural Selection and Survival of the Fittest. The man with the strongest and healthiest sperm will usually be the victor in these battles. It is Nature's way of ensuring that Only the Strong Survive and that future generations of offspring will be the strongest possible.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2793722

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 30, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.