Yeah but it took time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I left it too late tonight so I didn't get much done:

Bench Dips - 4 x 10
    Tricep Pull Downs - 3 x 13
    Dumbbell Tricep Extensions 10KG - 3 x 7

ReputationRep:
    Why is it when I do bench dips, it feels like I'm working my chest more than triceps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamHedges)
    Why is it when I do bench dips, it feels like I'm working my chest more than triceps?
    Dips can be a chest exercise, though normally on wider parallel bars.

It could be down to your technique, or perhaps your triceps are far stronger than your chest.

ReputationRep:
    I was feeling pretty weak today but I trained biceps nonetheless. I warmed up with three sets of chins and then did:

Barbell Curls 20KG - 3 x 10
    Seated Dumbbell Curls 8KG - 3 x 10
    Wide Grip Barbell Curls 16KG - 3 x 8
    Dumbell Curls Together 8KG - 3 x 6
    :dumbells:

I'll do abs later and possibly back because I didn't have time on Thursday and I was busy last night.

ReputationRep:
    TGIM, chest day today, I did:

Bench Press 22KG - 3 x 10
    Chest Press (Multi Gym) - 3 x 13
    Dumbbell Press 8KG - 3 x 8
    Bench Dips - 3 x 10

I really need to work on my upper chest somehow as it looks a little out of proportion but maybe that will just come with time. I had to improvise and used a garden bench for the presses but I guess it's better than none, I was disappointed to be benching so little but it doesn't matter so longs as I'm improving.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ashamed to admit that I missed out on back and abs last week

ReputationRep:
    Shoulders today:

Dumbbell Shoulder Press 8KG - 3 x 7
    Military Press 14KG - 3 x 10
    Dumbbell Raises 3KG - 4 x 8

Worked my way up through the weights doing three reps of each on C&Js.

ReputationRep:
    Leg day is just plain boring without squats and lunges, I used to look forward to it but now it's dull. I did glutes barbell bridges and calf raises, next week I think I'll do some hill reps on my bike as well.

ReputationRep:
    I put in a good session this evening for back and triceps but I can't really remember everything I did.

Tricep extensions 15KG - 3 x 10
    Tricep Pull Downs (Multi Gym) - 3 x 13
    Dumbbell Upright Rows 10KG - 3 x 10
    Lat Pull Downs (Multi Gym) - 3 x 13
    Bent Over Rows 22KG - 3 x 10

There were others but I've forgotten and one that I was meaning to do was the overhead dumbbell tricep extensions, I'll try and remember for next time.

ReputationRep:
    Good work bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    Good work bro
    Cheers, I can't tell you how nice it is to finally start filling out clothes!

ReputationRep:
    you might need a pt. it's not the reps that matter. it's the level of exhaustion that matters. if you can easily do 10 reps benchpress with 25kg (each so you are pressing 70kg in total), try 12 reps. it's usually you have to do one more rep when you feel you can't do it any more.

Dips is the same. You do it not by the reps, but by the level of exhaustion. 10 reps dips is too easy, isnt it. so you do 12 reps, 6 seconds break, 10 reps, 6 seconds break, 8 reps, 6 seconds break 6 reps, 6 seconds break, 4 reps and 2 reps to finish, that's 42 in total.

Negative sets, triangle sets are good as well. By the time you finish your benchpress, you should be covered in sweat.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I can't tell you how nice it is to finally start filling out clothes!
    You are already noticeably filling out your clothes? :eek: **** man its only been 2-3 weeks, you gonna be huuuuuuuuge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsThis?)
    you might need a pt. it's not the reps that matter. it's the level of exhaustion that matters. if you can easily do 10 reps benchpress with 25kg (each so you are pressing 70kg in total), try 12 reps. it's usually you have to do one more rep when you feel you can't do it any more.

Dips is the same. You do it not by the reps, but by the level of exhaustion. 10 reps dips is too easy, isnt it. so you do 12 reps, 6 seconds break, 10 reps, 6 seconds break, 8 reps, 6 seconds break 6 reps, 6 seconds break, 4 reps and 2 reps to finish, that's 42 in total.

Negative sets, triangle sets are good as well. By the time you finish your benchpress, you should be covered in sweat.
    I often try to go one or two extra after I'm comfortable but I usually just write what I was aiming for for simplicity's sake. If I find it too easy when I'm going for ten say, I just add weight until I'm pushing my comfort zone. I took your advice though, pushing for an extra set or two but having consecutive smaller sets, I definitely felt more tired afterwards.

(Original post by In One Ear)
    You are already noticeably filling out your clothes? :eek: **** man its only been 2-3 weeks, you gonna be huuuuuuuuge!
    Maybe it's just a placebo and it feels like I'm growing now I've started training but I have been doing some work for a while and it's probably in no small part down to natural growth?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do abs today but I did work biceps, I'll do abs tomorrow and then I'm going riding on Monday as my mate's just just bought a new bike.

I did some chins and plenty of curls. 8-10KG for dumbbells, and about 18KG for barbell. When I'd finished my arms felt like your mouth does after anesthetic at the dentist, weird.

ReputationRep:
    Went for a short but fairly high intensity ride earlier whilst the sun was shining, I'm hoping it'll strengthen my knees.

ReputationRep:
    Went for a short but fairly high intensity ride earlier whilst the sun was shining, I'm hoping it'll strengthen my knees.
    Abs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    Abs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Went for a ride yesterday but when I got back I had to revise so didn't do chest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.