Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I cheated on my girlfriend with my male friend watch

• Study Helper

Study Helper
    The most important thing is to tell her - that way you can explain yourself and make clear that you're sorry and it will never happen again. Then it's her decision what to do about it really. If someone else tells her, not only have you cheated but you've lied about it, and there's no chance that the trust can ever come back in that case.

[QUOTE=arsenalfan;42234857]ah, well that sucks dude.

no pun intended I'm sure lol!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    As i've said, I've made my decision and I'm going to keep it to myself. I just want to forget about it and move on with my life. My girlfriend is one of the most important people in my life and I don't want to lose her because of one foolish mistake.
    I understand why most of you think I'm a complete and utter d***, but I just feel it's the right thing to do - I feel like I'd just be passing my guilt onto her, and the fallout from me telling her would be awful too.
    I'm just hoping that as time goes by this thing will be forgotten and I will move on, which I'm starting to do.
    Best to tell her you cheated, you don't have to tell her who with, just tell her because if you keep this from her and she finds out years down the line, you will hurt her so much more than you could ever imagine. because ( I personally think) she will feel so betrayed that you cheated and kept it from her and pretended everything is fine ( regardless of who with- i'll stress again). If she feels the same way you do about her and you want to stay in this relationship, you might just work it out, but keep it a secret and i'd say when she finds out she WILL break up with you. I'm not being harsh just saying honesty is the best policy in this case and no I don't think you're a d**k, these things can be hard to deal with and that's why me and other people taking this thread seriously have spent time letting you know what we personally think is the best thing to do. Hope I helped.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.