Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    This statement is meaningless. The maximum on the Cattell III B test is 161 - and this is used by various high IQ society, especially Mensa.
    Listen I got 210 IQ and no one is ever gonna take that away from me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutooth)
    I got 133, but hey ho. Is my IQ that high, probably not :P
    Weird I got 132, how can a test with only 15 questions distinguish between a score of 132 and 133?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Listen I got 210 IQ and no one is ever gonna take that away from me...
    Again, that is meaningless. There is no existing average for you to be able to make that statement accurately. Frankly, it's nonsense. All of the estimated historic IQ of men of the past are simply projections, if you will - i.e. to show that some past geniuses had an even higher IQ than high IQs; but really, there is not enough data to go beyond 162.

But, sure, you can go on believing what you want.

(Original post by justanotherposter)
    Weird I got 132, how can a test with only 15 questions distinguish between a score of 132 and 133?
    They can't. Online IQ tests are not recognised and are probably highly inaccurate. In actuality, they don't tell you much. If you want to take an actual official and recognised IQ test, go and see a psychologist or visit a Mensa centre. If you're at uni, you can take an IQ test under the supervision of a uni psychologist or a psychologist from your uni psychology department.

In short, online IQ tests are bogus.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you had a high level of IQ you wouldn't even need to be taking such tests :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Where were you tested? I could say I took a test (and I did), and got 135, but what does that prove?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    I have the ability to make one tasty jacket potato, do you see me making a thread about it.
    .. Actually!
    No, but if you did, I'd point out that I have the ability to make two tasty jacket potatoes, which puts me in the top 0.01% of tasty jacket potato makers *smug grin*

ReputationRep:
    I got 9% (from the top). That's how IQ scores are presented. I sat a proper Mensa test a few months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Then maybe you can think of creative and inventive ways to go **** yourself.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    That would have instantly told me that you were lying anyway. This is because the ceiling for the Mensa test (i.e. the highest being the Cattell III B) is "161". Hence, someone saying they have an IQ of 170 or 200 is saying something meaningless due to insufficient averages and whatnot. The Cattell III B has a ceiling of 161. Trust me, I would know.
    Loool. Ok dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157
    Go back to troll school, you suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It is very good. The maximum ceiling of a Mensa test (i.e. the Cattell III B Test) is 161. Is that the test you did?
    The ceiling for Mensa tests is 162
    Online IQ tests are not recognised and are on the whole inaccurate.
    The ones I've done go higher than 162. They were in books by Hans Eysenck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    The ones I've done go higher than 162. They were in books by Hans Eysenck
    I'm afraid they will not be recognised. Did you do them under supervision of a psychologist or at a test centre? They would need to be the official and recognized tests - and the official highest for Mensa is the Cattell III B test which has a ceiling of 161 (if you get the highest). Any other unofficial, semi-serious test that purports to "go higher" is inaccurate as there aren't enough averages and whatnot to account for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157
    Yet you made a thread saying "I don't understand banking, help please."

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)

USING THE TSR APP
    Don't be mean. He figured out how to do a posting on TSR, didn't he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Don't be mean. He figured out how to do a posting on TSR, didn't he?
    True say, that is a real achievement.
    Apologies to the OP,
    Sorry.

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid they will not be recognised. Did you do them under supervision of a psychologist or at a test centre? They would need to be the official and recognized tests - and the official highest for Mensa is the Cattell III B test which has a ceiling of 161 (if you get the highest). Any other unofficial, semi-serious test that purports to "go higher" is inaccurate as there aren't enough averages and whatnot to account for that.
    I'm not interested in doing IQ tests which are 'official' or 'recognised' - I just went through Eysenck's books as a mental exercise in the run-up to my UKCAT exam. However, I'm still curious about my scores, as the scale went over 162. Eysenck was also a respected figure in IQ testing (and in more serious academic fields), he did a lot of work with Cattell, and his works are (allegedly) recommended by Mensa to anyone wishing to practice for their entrance exam. I'm wondering if the Cattell tests and the Eysenck tests use different scales, and if there is a mapping between the two? Or are you saying that all scores in 'official' tests are capped at 161 because any higher score would be unreliable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoitsro)
    cool story bro
    needs more dragons
    sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Woah, wait a minute. So you're telling me in real life I won't need to look at some patterns and work out which one (logically) comes next? Daaaamn.
    Nope

As long as you're good at licking batteries you should breeze through life with ease

ReputationRep:
    If you had an IQ of 157, you wouldn't post it on here to show off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)

USING THE TSR APP
    Just because I have an insanely high IQ doesn't mean I know everything there is to know -_-.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.