Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just a normal day on the streets of Merseyside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    Because their criminals, and their crime is against society, not just the victim.

This is no time to have sympathy for these savages.
    Yes I completely agree, but it is highly unusual and never done.
    In the Bulger case, what those children did to that little boy was a disgrace but they did not release their names to the public...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaPoppss)
    In the Bulger case, what those children did to that little boy was a disgrace but they did not release their names to the public...
    I dont see why not still.

They are old enough to understand what they are doing. As far as im concerned, they are adults and should be held to the same standard of justice.

ReputationRep:
    It's either unusual or never done, can't be both.

There is plenty of precedent for the names of criminals to be released, but only once convicted and sentenced. And you're wrong about the Bulger case, their names were released to the public at the end of the trial.

ReputationRep:
    They did after the Trial along with pictures This is the first I heard of it after sentencing, so maybe that's the rule.

I just hope that once they are out they aren't given secret identities like the likes of Venables and Thompson

ReputationRep:
    That poor, poor man. Just trying to imagine what he was like, i'm sure most people never even bothered to learn his name. He probably wouldn't have had the greatest life, nor would he have had a lot to live for. He may have made some mistakes, but he was just getting by in the world as much as he physically could. Being homeless, and I assume cold, hungry and weak, I'm sure he's had his share of suffering in his lifetime. Whatever was left of him, whatever small hope of life he was clinging on to, was swiftly taken away in a disgusting and brutal act. I just struggle to accept this level of inhumanity.

He was a person, just like everyone of us, and he deserved better than this. Rest in peace Mr. Bennett.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Saw this on the news while having lunch. What a waste of 3 lives.
    4 lives.

ReputationRep:
    We need a US system of life sentencing with no parole for underage *******s like these. This is absolutely disgusting, people like these deserve to be sentenced to death by slowly rotting in a prison. Make them fear and make them regret their action and show others that other people's lives are not something to be played with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aWildPidgey)
    If they were willing to kill someone for a dare, I wouldn't want to know what they'd do if they were provoked, or had a 'reason' to kill someone.
    Did you quote the wrong person because I don't see what that has to do with my post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    So lefties... You wanna go rehabilitate these "humans?", come on who's the first one of you lot to defend their actions and give them a hug?!
    Nobody in the right (I guess you could make a pun out of that... damn ) mind would defend their actions; they were despicable. However, at the end of the day, the purpose of a justice system should be to first and foremost to prevent crime, NOT to dish out revenge. When the crime has already taken place, doing so is kind of pointless.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.