Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How well would you survive in a Zombie Apocalypse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I would survive quite well!
    Watching all the episodes of The walking dead and so many zombie films I have a rough idea what i'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    As for my plan...

I've got a cricket bat ready in my bedroom as my initial weapon, along with a few knives from the kitchen.
    I would try and take over my towns shopping centre and lock the whole place down with a group of friends.
    In there, we have an abundance of food supplies, plenty of space, and some entertainment too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nobody12)
    Sure you can get chainsaws in B&Q? Isn't that your best bet?
    nope - the first zombie you mulch will cause the damn thing to clog up and cut out - safety feature for when ironically enough a chainsaw bites into flesh.

high powered nail gun ftw.

Bro if there was a zombie outbreak the first thing I would run to would be an army base and jump in a apache helicopter or tank. You're telling me if there was a zombie outbreak instead of running to an army base you would lock yourself in the kitchen arming yourself with a knife and fork?
    And i take it you can fly and drive either? Id be suprised if you could even turn them on never mind start shooting at ****. and as for a tank, you cant drive and shoot at the same time in a tank for a start.

My plan, get my hurley (blunt weapons work better against the undead) shotgun for range (as much as i prefer a bow they dont do the flesh damage shotguns do) and get the hell out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid.Snake)
    As for my plan...

I've got a cricket bat ready in my bedroom as my initial weapon, along with a few knives from the kitchen.
    I would try and take over my towns shopping centre and lock the whole place down with a group of friends.
    In there, we have an abundance of food supplies, plenty of space, and some entertainment too!
    I would've like to think that Solid Sneak could use Active Camo to sneak past all of them?

We have a few shotguns, combat knives and a bow & arrow, so i'd use them and then head up the road to the golf club which is in the country and surrounded by walls! Plus I could have a game whenever I wanted!

ReputationRep:
    Due to the lack of guns in the country, and the area ratio I'd last around 2 seconds.
    Explosives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    You play too many video games. In real life surviving zombie apocalypses is nothing to with ammunition. You wouldn't be able to kill enough to significantly dent their numbers.

Also most people don't live a 2 min stroll away from the local army base. When zombies attack you'll most likely be in your house and need a realistic plan for surviving with implements to hand.

Its actually pretty ****ing irresponsible of you to post rubbish about stealing ammo from army bases. Could get people killed.
    I'm sorry, I hope that, when the zombie apocalypse comes, that I won't have killed anyone through my careless advice

..just in case you were serious, then ammunition would be very helpful, because they'd draw help/attention from other survivors and it lets you kill zombies without accidentally getting grabbed and restrained

ReputationRep:
    Probably would be only 24 hours for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    nope - the first zombie you mulch will cause the damn thing to clog up and cut out - safety feature for when ironically enough a chainsaw bites into flesh.

high powered nail gun ftw.

And i take it you can fly and drive either? Id be suprised if you could even turn them on never mind start shooting at ****. and as for a tank, you cant drive and shoot at the same time in a tank for a start.

My plan, get my hurley (blunt weapons work better against the undead) shotgun for range (as much as i prefer a bow they dont do the flesh damage shotguns do) and get the hell out
    Sorry forgot you was a pro zombie killer, and I'm training to be a pilot actually think before you say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01Chris02)
    I would've like to think that Solid Sneak could use Active Camo to sneak past all of them?

We have a few shotguns, combat knives and a bow & arrow, so i'd use them and then head up the road to the golf club which is in the country and surrounded by walls! Plus I could have a game whenever I wanted!
    Thats the spirit kicking some ass, unlike the people who use nail guns and cricket bats on several comments above.

ReputationRep:
    through my research and planning, I'd like to think I'd be Zombie Killer Supreme...

but I'd probably just taste delicious

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody think a Zombie Apocalypse we see portrayed in movies could quite possibly happen in the real world?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody think a Zombie Apocalypse we see portrayed in movies could quite possibly happen in the real world?
    Realistically? No.

People can't die and then suddenly start walked about with a particular craving for brains

Once your heart stops beating that's it.

Although the movie 'I am Legend' does portray something slightly more realistic. That could potentially happen, although still very, very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    I recon id do alryt tbh. If it were vampires then not so long

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not long at all, i don't like being chased or the feeling when somebody about to find you, so i would probably more than likely freely let them get me i suppose. Plus i have tried of numerous occasions to play ZombiU and it just scares me and im totally crap at it haha

ReputationRep:
    Sorry forgot you was a pro zombie killer, and I'm training to be a pilot actually think before you say.
    course you are. I just happen to raise a point with an actual in training pilot. Wow coincidence is in force today.

And this training that just happens to be in an apache attack helicopter and a tank as well. Serious multi tasking going on there.

And there is no such thing as a pro zombie killer - zombies are not real, i just understand a little bit more than what goes on in a computer game or a movie.

Thats the spirit kicking some ass, unlike the people who use nail guns and cricket bats on several comments above.
    actually seeing as zombies have no living organs a knife wont get you far, you could stick it a hundred times and it will still keep coming (unless you go under the chin or something) - the standard "zombie design" is you have to take out the brain which is what keeps the zombie going.

Cricket bats, hurleys, axe, sledgehammer, crowbars, pipes, baseball bats all effective zombie killing tools as they inflict blunt force trauma - the nail gun was in reference to the fact the poster i quoted was in a hardware store.

Best weapon though - shotgun - prefereably a combat design like a spaz 12 but even a bog standard over and under will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    course you are. I just happen to raise a point with an actual in training pilot. Wow coincidence is in force today.

And this training that just happens to be in an apache attack helicopter and a tank as well. Serious multi tasking going on there.

And there is no such thing as a pro zombie killer - zombies are not real, i just understand a little bit more than what goes on in a computer game or a movie.
    Must have a sad life taking to heart a comment over a zombie thread on a TSR forum. Grow a pair of balls don't have time for kids like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I'm sorry, I hope that, when the zombie apocalypse comes, that I won't have killed anyone through my careless advice

..just in case you were serious, then ammunition would be very helpful, because they'd draw help/attention from other survivors and it lets you kill zombies without accidentally getting grabbed and restrained
    My idea would draw attention from other survivors too because once you'd set it up you could make noise to attract more. The more you attracted the more you'd kill whereas with your idea you could only fight so many off even with guns. Plus would guns even be that effective against zombies? They might keep coming even when shot several times. With my idea even if they kept coming they'd just add more force to those in front meaning that force would built up to whatever it took. Liquefaction if necessary provided you had enough space for enough zombies to build sufficient force. A problem mar arise when liquefied zombie starts flowing back beneath the feat of those still pushing reducing the traction. You could rig up some sort of pumping system so you'd have loads of zombies coming into the building and leaving the building as liquid pumped through a window.

Would make such a cool film.

ReputationRep:
    Must have a sad life taking to heart a comment over a zombie thread on a TSR forum. Grow a pair of balls don't have time for kids like you.
    ahh your breaking my soul in twain here :rolleyes:

Take it to heart? Little pimple it takes far more than a nothing comment from the likes of you to affect me. But carry on if you so wish, ill get bored of you soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    An apache helicopter with 2 miniguns and heat seeking missiles.
    Zombies are dead so they wouldn't give out heat so unless you were hoping to find survivors with the missiles (which would defeat the point of finding survivors) they would be useless :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    I'm not sure a crossbow would be effective as zombies are impervious to organ damage and small scale brain damage, I've always assumed they can only be stopped by literally pulping their brain or separating their head

Posted from TSR Mobile

Works for Daryll in Walking Dead

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.