Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No, I once had a really bad week where I pondered on this subject.
    1. No afterlife, I think, what would happen, what will I do, what will I feel.
    2. Afterlife, it's for eternity, that's a long time.
    But I realise life is long and short, just do what you love and take it a day at a time. I think it's good for people to talk about death as it's become a bit off a taboo but how will we ever solve the problem if we don't talk about it. I just worry, when I do die, what I will feel. But I would give up my life for my close family and defiantly my elders and parents, if I had could sacrifice some of my time for them to live longer, I really would. I have major love and respect for them. Though I do think, if I ever had a coma, or a stroke or a major accident where I would become disabled like maximum I would do is chest down disabled, if any more then I wouldn't want to be resussed. I wouldn't want to be a burden to anyone else and my dignity would soon disappear. But don't worry about it, we all age differently. Age is a state of mind and only refers to how many orbits of the sun you've done.

ReputationRep:
    Just confronting my fears
    Though it's not really a fear
    It's more like a destiny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Am I the only one? I am so terrified of death, not dying, but being dead and what that will be like. I believe it will be like an endless dreamless sleep, no thoughts, not even blackness and it scares me to death (ironically) often I can't sleep at night if I think of death, it is my biggest fear and I hate it :/ but I guess im weird :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I

ReputationRep:
    I don't fear death but I do the act of dying. The idea that it will probably be painful and upsetting is the only problem so if I were to die peacefully say in my sleep I would not mind. It's natural and it's something that will happen to everyone eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't bring myself to make horcruxes so...
    Yes, yes I do fear death.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to die now, like I don't like the idea of dying before my time. I'd like to die old and peacefully. But I'm not scared of what comes after death, it kinda happens to everyone so it's rather unavoidable ^_^
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I fear more the death of my loved ones more than I fear my own death. The thought of my gran dying utterly terrifies me and I know unfortunately, it will happen one day but when I think about myself dying, I just hope its not too soon, I've done most the things I have wanted to do and that its not too painful.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No i've been dead before for 2 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Not really! Why should i fear something that's gonna happen anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why fear the inevitable? When it is your time it is your time.

ReputationRep:
    As other people have mentioned, the method by which I die scares me most. It could be painless and very quick, or I could be in extreme agony for a prolonged period of time.

Because the way I die is unknown, sometimes I fear that it could happen any moment, but then I remember that death is awaiting everyone, so why should I be?

ReputationRep:
    I don't 'fear' it but I don't like thinking about it.

Living in fear of it might prevent you from living.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.