Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by smithers123)
    Yes of course I can proof it email me and ill send you print screens of some I do, from hsbc, rbs, shl/kanexa. No problem at all.
    Hahaha dude amazing comprehension skills as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithers123)
    Yes of course I can proof it email me and ill send you print screens of some I do, from hsbc, rbs, shl/kanexa. No problem at all.
    You really need to find a new job

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected by Mc Donalds,Primark,Tesco,Poundland, Next,Greggs,CEX...You name It.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Sainsbury's literally about 52 seconds after I'd submitted the application.
    I spent about 2 hours filling it all in and then got an automated email pretty much after I'd submitted saying something along the lines of "We are afraid we cannot process your application further but good luck in your future job search bla bla"

The fact that it was 4am in the morning when I was applying as well made it totally bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has a good Mc Donald rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TechnikAli)
    Rejected from being a sales assistant at age 19. Uni dropout and I'd never worked sales before. They said I was 'overqualified'. I think it's because I had to explain the meaning of the word 'ethos' to the manager who interviewed me, because he thought I was 'trying to sound clever.'

He thought I made up the word.
    yep been there i asked what microchip and programming suite they used the guy didn't know and said oh the usual one I pushed "well whats that Atmel Microchip Texas?" I didn't get the job because i was "overqualified", I made him look stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Went for a full time job where my friend works he got me the interview , (Haven't been to University) walked in and had the interview with two women the lady who was asking the questions was stunned that I got a friends debt quashed by with Legal Ombudsman and she closed her pad and said ''You are to qualified for this job thank you for coming see yourself out''

LOL

Most awkward thing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got called out for using Google search in a telephone interview. It was so awkward I just hung up as I knew there and then that i'd failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Got called out for using Google search in a telephone interview. It was so awkward I just hung up as I knew there and then that i'd failed.
    Ouch. What were you googling?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Ouch. What were you googling?
    Got asked what something stood for... googled it

He then asked me what it meant, I was just like ''umm''

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Got asked what something stood for... googled it

He then asked me what it meant, I was just like ''umm''

:lol:
    :rofl2: oops... so you just replied with the red button...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.