Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How close do you believe Messi and Ronaldo are? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGUYY)
    How can you say ronaldo isnt consistent? He has 50 goals in 48 appearances and 11 goals in the champions league. Messi has the team built around him whereas ronaldo has to thrive on his own at real madrid. And the quality that messi has up front with him (sanchez and villa) is far superior to ronaldo having benzema/higuain and di maria
    Sanchez is almost universally accepted as quite a poor signing. He has been indifferent at best this season, as has Villa.

ReputationRep:
    There were 6 top scorers, with each scoring 3. Hardly incredible.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously Scoring 11 goals and being top scorer is different to scoring 3 and being top scorer in the champions league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    Sanchez is almost universally accepted as quite a poor signing. He has been indifferent at best this season, as has Villa.
    Villa has been making a return from a broken leg, yet has still managed one of the best goals to minutes ratio in the league, hardly indifferent tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Messi has more natural talent, there is no doubt about that. I think the title of the world's best player has shifted between them a few times this season, but Ronaldo is currently better IMO. He has been instrumental in Madrid's CL campaign.
    Messi has been just as instrumental in Barca's CL campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Villa has been making a return from a broken leg, yet has still managed one of the best goals to minutes ratio in the league, hardly indifferent tbh.
    My point is that Villa and Sanchez supporting Messi is hardly better than the support Ronaldo has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyinBallsack)
    thing is he'll lose the ball 20 times before he goes on a successful run (messi)

last year this happened which caused ramires to score (missed a penalty too) and eventually knock barca out of the competition. this also happened in the very first el classico of the season (TWICE) which ended up with them losing the cup

things like this get overlooked too often. when i watch messi play i do not sit and think "wow, this is the greatest player to ever live". he looks very average when playing with the other barca players (they're all good)
    Well I've read some retarded things but this just about proves it.

Prime example of how lucky messi is: with the spanish team (mostly barcelona players) fernando torres was top scorer at the euros...
    How Barcelona do without Messi against PSG eh?

ReputationRep:
    And the quality that messi has up front with him (sanchez and villa) is far superior to ronaldo having benzema/higuain and di maria
    Lol, no. I'm just going to wait for when you're going to say Messi should be doing better with the world class team Argentina has :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed that those who believe Ronaldo is the better player are usually quite low in intelligence? They have no credible arguments what so ever as to why he is the better player.

ReputationRep:
    People chat some absolute bull.

Ronaldo has scored 27 goals in 2013, Messi has scored 23. Ronaldo has outdone Messi in the recent Clasico's. Ronaldo is the leading scorer by 3 goals in the CL this year, and the goals have came against much better opposition; Galatasaray, Manchester United, Dortmund, Man City and Ajax.

In life, people love to have an extreme view. Ronaldo fan boys say Ronaldo is by far the best, likewise, Messi fan boys/Ronaldo haters say Messi is in another class.

Truth is, they're fairly equal. We're lucky to live in a time where we can have this debate, they both push each other to new levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)

Ronaldo has scored 27 goals in 2013, Messi has scored 23. Ronaldo has outdone Messi in the recent Clasico's. Ronaldo is the leading scorer by 3 goals in the CL this year, and the goals have came against much better opposition; Galatasaray, Manchester United, Dortmund, Man City and Ajax.

In life, people love to have an extreme view. Ronaldo fan boys say Ronaldo is by far the best, likewise, Messi fan boys/Ronaldo haters say Messi is in another class.

Truth is, they're fairly equal. We're lucky to live in a time where we can have this debate, they both push each other to new levels.
    Truth is, Messi is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

How Barcelona do without Messi against PSG eh?
    Also doesn't the Spain argument just prove how good Messi is? Spain looked absolutely toothless in the Euros at times, same with the WC (but they had Villa on superman mode for the early parts). Barca always look dangerous and score a lot of goals (or create chances) even in big games when Messi's on the pitch. The times Barca get held to nil is because of missed chances. Spain don't even look like they'll create a chance at times.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Jordan_1)
    Has anyone noticed that those who believe Ronaldo is the better player are usually quite low in intelligence? They have no credible arguments what so ever as to why he is the better player.
    Like the guy above ? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Like the guy above ? :laugh:
    :laugh: have you seen my UMS scores? :laugh:

Are you having a good day by the way?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: have you seen my UMS scores? :laugh:

Are you having a good day by the way?
    Yup Cardiff just went up :laugh: so its a great day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Messi has been just as instrumental in Barca's CL campaign.
    I disagree.

ReputationRep:

You can cherry pick stats all you want tbh, but even whilst Messi has been injured and had to carry Barca he's still outperforming/scoring Ronaldo this season. And lol at crediting Galatasary as "much better opposition".

ReputationRep:
    Yup Cardiff just went up :laugh: so its a great day.
    Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    I disagree.
    Why'd you disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Messi is a way ahead for me because he looks like he puts more of himself into his game. Ronaldo always seems to be trying to get one up on people (usually Messi) whereas Messi just looks like he wants to be there more. More impressive to me really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.