Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Could Go Back And Kill Baby Hitler, Would You? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would You Kill Baby Hitler.
    Yes.
    16.88%
    No.
    83.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    Well done of you amazing non-lacking knowledge of the first link of google search of 'blind king'. You historic knowledge is doing inspire to me.

This man is being blind after already become ruler: different story. you telling me someone who is coming into power when being blind in the initial, if you can. this is doing even more inspire to me of you amazing history knowledge.
    I've known about him for many years. I just chose him as he's reasonably well known.

Your assumption that a blind person could not become a leader is very prejudice. Although it would have dramatically changed Hitler's life he still could have become a leader.

And I don't see how blinding him is much more moral than killing him. He's only a baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Today is April 16th 2013. Passing over the minor details, you have been granted the chance to "travel back" to 21 April 1889, Austria-Hungary, a day after baby Adolf Hitler was born.

Would you take up this chance? Would you kill baby Hitler, if you could?
    After thinking about it, why not go back and stay for many years and help raise Hitler. You could try to make him a better person. You could perhaps prevent the war and not kill an at that point innocent child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    I've known about him for many years. I just chose him as he's reasonably well known.

Your assumption that a blind person could not become a leader is very prejudice. Although it would have dramatically changed Hitler's life he still could have become a leader.

And I don't see how blinding him is much more moral than killing him. He's only a baby.

Is not prejudice is statistical observation. large differential between the two. not unreasonable comment. can you tell me president who became president after being blind first? yes or no? simple questioning.

Blinding is moral because is not killing him, and if he is being blind then he can not see jew so how can you being prejudice? how can you be prejudice to something you not knowing? can you name a blind prejudice person to me? is like saying blind person can be racist: this is making laugh to me.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You ask some darn good questions.

No, I wouldn't. I believe something else would have caused WW2 - Europe was too ****ed up after WW1 not to cause another war. You never know how much worse someone else could have made it.

ReputationRep:
    Watch looper and realise the answer is no.......

ReputationRep:
    Is not prejudice is statistical observation. large differential between the two. not unreasonable comment. can you tell me president who became president after being blind first? yes or no? simple questioning.

Blinding is moral because is not killing him, and if he is being blind then he can not see jew so how can you being prejudice? how can you be prejudice to something you not knowing? can you name a blind prejudice person to me? is like saying blind person can be racist: this is making laugh to me.
    The idea you think you have to see be able to physically see Jews to be prejudice is so stupid. Of course a blind person can be racist! Racism is caused by far more than the simple visual stimulation of seeing say, a black person. It's caused by stereotypes, ignorance and redirected hate among other things. Things a blind person is more than capable of.

You don't seem to be grasping the real moral question of the thread. Is it right to cause harm to an innocent baby to prevent them from causing harm in the far future. It doesn't make much difference if you are killing/blinding/kidnapping him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    You ask some darn good questions.

No, I wouldn't. I believe something else would have caused WW2 - Europe was too ****ed up after WW1 not to cause another war. You never know how much worse someone else could have made it.
    Hitler certainly made it far worse than it had to be though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd not have been born if I did, weird universe shattering paradox would ensue....

Also I already know what happens if you take out Hitler, Stalin ends up taking over China and Eastern Europe then the European counties Ally together to fight the Soviet Union.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hitler certainly made it far worse than it had to be though.
    Yes, but he was addicted to meth. By the end of the war, his brain was ruined. Can you imagine how much worse it would have been had someone else been in his place? Someone with the foresight to see that invading Russia at the time he did was a huge mistake? It was arguably his worst move. If he hadn't made it, it would have been a much worse war.

ReputationRep:
    The idea you think you have to see be able to physically see Jews to be prejudice is so stupid. Of course a blind person can be racist! Racism is caused by far more than the simple visual stimulation of seeing say, a black person. It's caused by stereotypes, ignorance and redirected hate among other things. Things a blind person is more than capable of.

You don't seem to be grasping the real moral question of the thread. Is it right to cause harm to an innocent baby to prevent them from causing harm in the far future. It doesn't make much difference if you are killing/blinding/kidnapping him.

Racism definition:

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish between them"

In you're comment you are provide evidence of racism in you premise that blind people still can be racist. Because only thing is indisputable difference between many races is appearance, skin colour, face shape, angle of eyes, and face bone structure. This is only differentiating aspect between races to me, and all are impossible for blind person to seeing.

If you think the blind person can telling other wise, you are show racism, with no humility as well. shame being on you.

ReputationRep:
    NO. Otherwise I wouldn't have a decent ringtone for my alarm clock :/

ReputationRep:
    No, killing him then would mean their would be a infinite amount of possibilities after that. I would to be able to convert his beliefs but again, the possibilities. And after all, killing over 11 million people including the 6 million Jews still doesn't justify killing a day old child. I mean, he was a gifted man, good at art and wrote mesmerising speeches, he managed to control order over the Germans without force. But still his political and religious beliefs where absurd and he use of drugs only made him more delusional. Der Untergang, (downfall) is a great film about the last weeks of Hitler. The actor who plays him is just BRILLIANT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Yes, but he was addicted to meth. By the end of the war, his brain was ruined. Can you imagine how much worse it would have been had someone else been in his place? Someone with the foresight to see that invading Russia at the time he did was a huge mistake? It was arguably his worst move. If he hadn't made it, it would have been a much worse war.
    Was he on meth? :eek:

I agree he led Germany to destruction but you could argue the German people would not have followed a less charismatic leader to such destruction and surrendered or at least reached a compromise earlier in the war; at the latest when the Allies reached Germany's borders.

ReputationRep:
    Racism definition:

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish between them"

In you're comment you are provide evidence of racism in you premise that blind people still can be racist. Because only thing is indisputable difference between many races is appearance, skin colour, face shape, angle of eyes, and face bone structure. This is only differentiating aspect between races to me, and all are impossible for blind person to seeing.

If you think the blind person can telling other wise, you are show racism, with no humility as well. shame being on you.
    I'm really struggling to understand you, sorry. Your definition of racism is wrong.

Even if a blind person had no way of personally telling what race someone is they can be told by others.

A deaf man can still believe Pop music is bad can he not? Due to what other people tell him?

I do not drink cider but have an opinion that Stella Cidre is very good because of what people tell me and advertisements effects.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling to understand you, sorry. Your definition of racism is wrong.

Even if a blind person had no way of personally telling what race someone is they can be told by others.

A deaf man can still believe Pop music is bad can he not? Due to what other people tell him?

I do not drink cider but have an opinion that Stella Cidre is very good because of what people tell me and advertisements effects.
    my definition is from oxford dictionary

i do not drinking alcohol because is against my religion i am muslim, cider is haraam

ReputationRep:
    my definition is from oxford dictionary

i do not drinking alcohol because is against my religion i am muslim, cider is haraam
    It must be a very old or poor dictionary.

Exactly you may not ever drink alcohol but you could still hold opinions as to which types are better than others.

Or you could not watch football and still have a favourite team. I never watch club football yet support Liverpool due to the influence of my father.

ReputationRep:
    It must be a very old or poor dictionary.

Exactly you may not ever drink alcohol but you could still hold opinions as to which types are better than others.

Or you could not watch football and still have a favourite team. I never watch club football yet support Liverpool due to the influence of my father.
    Is up to date 2013 dictionary. I am knowing because i am learning english and i use very much to learning.

don't saying it to me, go saying it to Oxford go telling them they make poor dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    Is up to date 2013 dictionary. I am knowing because i am learning english and i use very much to learning.

don't saying it to me, go saying it to Oxford go telling them they make poor dictionary.
    It must be good as your English is excellent.

Again we aren't talking about the actual threads moral dilemma.

Are people accountable for crimes they haven't committed?

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    It must be good as your English is excellent.

Again we aren't talking about the actual threads moral dilemma.

Are people accountable for crimes they haven't committed?

What do you think?

I think this : http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...ish/low%2Bblow

i am going to now terminate our was being fruitful conversation, but now i am finish because of you insult.

ReputationRep:
    I think this : http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...ish/low%2Bblow

i am going to now terminate our was being fruitful conversation, but now i am finish because of you insult.
    I'm sorry for my sarcasm. You still haven't answered the threads real question though.

And to be fair you can't call the high ground on insults. On you monogamy thread you call men gay!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.