Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    Haha I know! Languages - and especially german - are a bit of a dying breed I think
    I'm actually really excited... is that sad?!
    Pretty sure we're going to be a composite class with the highers as only 5 people took it. How many people have chosen it in your year?
    No, no, no, that's not sad at all. I'm pretty excited about it too. Yes, languages are a dying breed...no-one in my Higher class chose it for next year, although, to be honest, I wasn't expecting them too. I don't think the other 3 people in my class particularly enjoy German that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    No, no, no, that's not sad at all. I'm pretty excited about it too. Yes, languages are a dying breed...no-one in my Higher class chose it for next year, although, to be honest, I wasn't expecting them too. I don't think the other 3 people in my class particularly enjoy German that much.
    Ja ich freue mich viel darauf!
    The other 3?:eek: our Higher class has 17! Although to be fair the french lot only have 4 or 5...
    Just out of curiosity, how are they running your AH german then? I didn't think they would be able to run a class with just 1 person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    Ja ich freue mich viel darauf!
    The other 3?:eek: our Higher class has 17! Although to be fair the french lot only have 4 or 5...
    Just out of curiosity, how are they running your AH german then? I didn't think they would be able to run a class with just 1 person.
    Our school is pretty small and accommodating anyway, so only having one person taking a subject isn't really a problem. That means my lessons will just be one-on-one with the teacher. There's usually one 1 person who does AH German anyway, and last year there was only 1 person doing Higher.

ReputationRep:
    Our school is pretty small and accommodating anyway, so only having one person taking a subject isn't really a problem. That means my lessons will just be one-on-one with the teacher. There's usually one 1 person who does AH German anyway, and last year there was only 1 person doing Higher.
    Oh okay that makes sense. That's really lucky - we really had to push for SG Spanish a couple of years back and that was with 7 people and with one-on-one you'll get loads done.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone by any chance have any Health and Wealth essay plans I could have a look at? Especially the one about Government policies to reduce race or gender inequalities.

If anyone has any and doesn't mind that would be great! I have plans for USA, Global Security and Voting Systems / behaviour that I can send in return if you want

ReputationRep:
    Hey please can I have your essay plan for Voting Systems/behaviour? I am struggling so hard with that unit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidFlynn96)
    Sorry, I am not doing that section. If you look at the 2012 paper, the question on the topic you are referring to has a great chance of not coming up.
    Sorry to bother you again but by any chance you might have found out anymore information what might be coming up ? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fijimint)
    Hey please can I have your essay plan for Voting Systems/behaviour? I am struggling so hard with that unit!
    Sure Is there a particular question you wanted?
    Also, do you by any chance have any Health and Wealth essays plans - literally anything except the effect of wealth on health?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzymina)
    Sorry to bother you again but by any chance you might have found out anymore information what might be coming up ? haha
    hiya, well we got told there is a good chance that electoral systems will come up, like first past the post vs other electoral systems like ams, stv list etc (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xscottishx)
    hiya, well we got told there is a good chance that electoral systems will come up, like first past the post vs other electoral systems like ams, stv list etc (:

ahhhh did you find out any other possible questions? thank you so much! will you bother revising voting behaviours? cant see it coming up 3 times in a row but might be a trick

Also on the voting systems, would you need to revise PR in general against FPTP or just AMS.. STV.. party list V STV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzymina)
    Does anybody have any predictions for devolved decision making in Scotland? thanks
    It will be a benefit if you study the work of pressure groups! My teacher predicts this will come up.

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, our teacher said there is a good chance that lifestyle choices will come up in the social issues section and that she is 90% sure electoral systems will come up. The electoral systems section is most likely to examine you on how a certain electoral system provides better representation than the other. This is basically advantages and disadvantages of each.

For the USA section if you are doing this section our teacher said that the question has a good chance of being on the 2012 election and how ethnic minorities influenced its outcome also social and economic inequalities. As for the politics of development section our school is not particularly sure yet. only 18 days to go now!! I wish you girls luck in the exam
    as they say what you put in you get out

ReputationRep:
    The USA section stands a great chance of being on 'how ethnic minorities have influenced the 2012 election result'. Immigration showed up last in last years paper I think so this is unlikely to come up.

I'm revising for ethnic minorities affecting the election result, as this stands a good chance. I would advise going over social and economic inequalities as well and check and balances in the Executive and Legislative branches of federal Government.

Hope I've helped
    I thought checks and balances from the congress came up last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HE17)
    It will be a benefit if you study the work of pressure groups! My teacher predicts this will come up.
    For devolved making in Scotland?? sorry what do you mean :P

ReputationRep:
    So to clarify, for electoral systems/voting behaviour, voting behaviour will definitely NOT come up? Does anyone think it will be stv/fptp or ams/fptp??
    Then for wealth and health in the uk people think it will be lifestyle affecting health or social and economic inequalities? Then for SA it will be either BEE (oh god no) or social and economic inequalities?
    And lastly, for the USA either ethnic minorities affecting elections or immigration? Please help! Thank you!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber_sss)
    So to clarify, for electoral systems/voting behaviour, voting behaviour will definitely NOT come up? Does anyone think it will be stv/fptp or ams/fptp??
    Then for wealth and health in the uk people think it will be lifestyle affecting health or social and economic inequalities? Then for SA it will be either BEE (oh god no) or social and economic inequalities?
    And lastly, for the USA either ethnic minorities affecting elections or immigration? Please help! Thank you!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our teacher has a definite hunch that it'll be AMS (vs FPTP). Was thinking that the American Q could be about the American dream.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher has a definite hunch that it'll be AMS (vs FPTP). Was thinking that the American Q could be about the American dream.
    Really? Okay that's good! I'm glad I can at least cancel out voting behaviour! Yeah it could, the last time the American dream came up was 2009....!!! Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, our teacher said there is a good chance that lifestyle choices will come up in the social issues section and that she is 90% sure electoral systems will come up. The electoral systems section is most likely to examine you on how a certain electoral system provides better representation than the other. This is basically advantages and disadvantages of each.

For the USA section if you are doing this section our teacher said that the question has a good chance of being on the 2012 election and how ethnic minorities influenced its outcome also social and economic inequalities. As for the politics of development section our school is not particularly sure yet. only 18 days to go now!! I wish you girls luck in the exam
    as they say what you put in you get out
    Would it be worth looking at PR system in general against FPTP or concentrating on a specific voting systems like AMS/Party List/STV?

thanks! i think ill need the luck more than you though. haha! but Good luck to you too!!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought checks and balances from the congress came up last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That q was repeated from a previous year and it came up last year so i dont think we need to revise that right? :P

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would you have to revise for party list V FPTP?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.