Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 and getting kicked out because i'm going to Thailand. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muckoz)
    define adult. 18 and over and living under your parents house who pay the bills and for the food you eat?
    She still has the right to leave the house when she wants. Otherwise she'll be in the same predicament when she's still living with her mum when she's 30. Her mum is trying to control in a way which is totally unreasonable. How could a good mum say, "if you go to Thailand, I am kicking you out of the house"? If my parents said that to me, I'd be first to disown them.

ReputationRep:
    its not safe https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-and-security

ReputationRep:
    Why would you book the trip without telling her? And there is certainly a good chance of you getting kidnapped/raped in Bangkok, regardless of how 'mature' you are.

It's your fault.

ReputationRep:
    Seven British tourists being murdered since 2009 isn't bad considering, about 100,000? Go a year. Everything else is common sense really, avoid the dodgy areas, do research and be wary of scammers. Like any foreign country, foreigners will try to scam gullible tourists. Don't get super drunk and disrespect the nationals, in fact try and not get super drunk.

I've been to many places in the world which are deemed "dangerous". Thailand, Bangkok with hundreds of tourists surrounding you is not one of these.

ReputationRep:
    thailand is a very very popular destination with student travelers, nowhere near as dangerous to travel around as india, saudi or the middle east. comparitively it is quite safe, especially as you are with a friend. ask her exactly what she is worried about, she probably has some misconceptions.

ReputationRep:
    Don't show your mom "Pokemon" or she will not even let you leave her sight.
    Also I have been Inida and pakistan, none of them are dangerous, but I am from Afghanistan so maybe they accept me as one of them? The worst thing IMO is the people speak to you in a language you don't understand and have to make up **** quick lol.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman...deal-1-2799542

ReputationRep:
    People like you make me sick. You are 18 and you think you can take on the world. Wake up sunshine world has other ideas. Going against the word of your mother, the person that birthed you and wiped your ass when you **** everywhere to go to a different country for 5 weeks, well I really don't know what to say. Oh wait I do, I would do exactly the same as your mother, heck I would disown you.

Good luck pal and I sure hope you learn your lesson the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    She still has the right to leave the house when she wants. Otherwise she'll be in the same predicament when she's still living with her mum when she's 30. Her mum is trying to control in a way which is totally unreasonable. How could a good mum say, "if you go to Thailand, I am kicking you out of the house"? If my parents said that to me, I'd be first to disown them.
    A good parent would not let you go. Knowing you know **** about the world and the dangers it poses, they would be uncaring to even entertain the idea. 30 and 18 are different two years ago the girl was probably giggling when you mentioned the word large sausage, probably still does.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, if she kicks you out over this then she was just waiting for the excuse
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Enough

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.