Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Sociology SCLY1 Family & Households 13th May 2013. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanToBeWild)
    Yeah you'd discuss the ageing population too.

You'd evaluate by comparing and contrasting the factors against one another.
    i am a bit confused...what do you mean factors? QU asks about the ''death rate''....so if i bring in the ageing population won't that deviate from the question? Can you explain a lil more detail?

ReputationRep:
    Factors as to why the death rate are falling. Things that contribute to the death rating falling. If we have an ageing population due, as currently there are more young people, the death rate will fall.

ReputationRep:
    Factors as to why the death rate are falling. Things that contribute to the death rating falling. If we have an ageing population due, as currently there are more young people, the death rate will fall.
    So basically ageing population means more people living till their elderly which would mean the death rate will fall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    So basically ageing population means more people living till their elderly which would mean the death rate will fall?
    Near enough - also link your factors.

An ageing population is because of healthcare combined with nutrition, as such the death rate will fall.

ReputationRep:
    Near enough - also link your factors.

An ageing population is because of healthcare combined with nutrition, as such the death rate will fall.
    Okay i think i get ya!

I hate demography as an essay question. I feel it's the hardest essay to write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    Okay i think i get ya!

I hate demography as an essay question. I feel it's the hardest essay to write.
    I felt like this leading up to the family exam in January; was slightly relieved when I saw it wasn't on the paper. If it comes up just jot down a plan of ANYTHING you can remember that relates to demography so you don't forget it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightbulb)
    For 'examine' questions, do we have to include criticisms or an argument?
    Yeah but for examine questions there are more marks available for knowledge as opposed to evaluation as the assess questions carry more evaluation marks.

ReputationRep:
    Any one have any ideas on what's likely to come up as the 24 markers.. trends/patterns etc.???

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I think I am reasonably good with most things on this topic, however I am not brilliant with studies!
    Can someone please help me, I need to know a few names and a brief description of what they did please! I'm panicking

I know young and willmott, Oakley and then murdock and parsons.

ReputationRep:
    How can we include studes for demography? Please help haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skendall1994)
    How can we include studes for demography? Please help haha!
    there is none

demography is an examine question

ReputationRep:
    If Power and divison of labour do come up, what would they ask?

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean like theres just soooooo many names to remember imjust like :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teeheych12)
    If Power and divison of labour do come up, what would they ask?
    equality?

With power and labour i just know two studies

Pahl & Vogler & Stephen Edgell
    I am screwed!

ReputationRep:
    Can you get A02 marks for demography, like examine? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I really need help, im retaking and just finding it so hard to revise. Nothing stays in my head

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SeanToBeWild;42373904]I have some basic notes you may find useful, did you want to mail me your email address and I can email them over for you? :-)[/QUOTE
    Can I hav those notes aswell plzz

ReputationRep:
    I have some basic notes you may find useful, did you want to mail me your email address and I can email them over for you? :-)
    Can I hav those notes aswell plzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm31)
    I really need help, im retaking and just finding it so hard to revise. Nothing stays in my head
    I'm retaking after getting a C in January.
    Revision going okay for me. What do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    there is none

demography is an examine question
    How can u evaluate demography questions please help and if you have any notes for the other units please post it on tsr please

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.