Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any woman who wants to stay beautiful needs to diet every day Watch

ReputationRep:
    She's just a stupid troll. I almost posted this on my FB page to say 'look how stupid she is' but I stopped myself. DONT FEED THE TROLL!

ReputationRep:
    This woman is 42 and has been on a diet for 30 years. So she's been dieting for an hour glass figure since she was twelve, I'm detecting either bull**** or one really sad cow.
    Given who we're talking about it's probably a bit of both, given that she probably does more harm to women than good encouraging people to brace hunger pangs when a growing number of young people suffer from eating disorders such as anorexia.

ReputationRep:
    god this woman is an annoying prick. Her article about her being so attractive was awful.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The fact she had the audacity to call fat people failures speaks volumes about herself.

ReputationRep:
    This ridiculous atrocity of a woman must either be trolling or (god help the world) is genuinely that idiotic, because me and 99% of people I know are living proof that you can eat absolutely normally and be a variety of healthy sizes, even very slim. Also, something tells me she's lying and has written a story that will simply get her name back in the news, because someone surviving on polos, black coffee, scooped-out bagels (wtf) and apparently hasn't touched cake in 38293856293 years...would look very very ill. Hunger pangs are a signal for you to eat, if she's ignored them for 30 years and now lives on <1000 calories a day but has an average figure, clearly she's completely ruined her metabolism.

She has some serious self-esteem issues and seems to be utterly obsessed with her looks. A failure could be a variety of things, like someone who is a horrible person or has achieved nothing and doesn't try, but it's definitely not someone with a particular shaped figure. She's like a bitter teenager, grow the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    By doing this she is going to have ruined her metabolism so much, that if she ever eats anything more than this in the future she'll put on weight so fast you'll almost be able to see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    Frankly I'm glad she can't have children. Imagine having that poisonous hag for a mother - she'd probably put her daughters on a diet before they'd even reached puberty. That said, at least the only people who give her a platform to speak are the Daily Mail, that way nobody will ever take her seriously as a journalist.

ReputationRep:
    I swear the DM has trolls writing for their articles .. Reminds me of the Samantha Brick lady. *Doh* Just as I wrote that, I realised that is her. LOL, blonde moment.

ReputationRep:
    I wish all the size 8 healthy women that enjoy food could parade around her to rub it in her face how ridiculous she is. Seriously, if I was on a diet for 30 years and still looked like her, I'd ****ing shoot myself. She really is nothing special, I don't understand where her holier than thou attitude has come from :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody fire her already? She needs help and should stop using this trashy newspaper to voice her stupid ideals.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't believe this article when I was reading it yesterday. I was sort of confused though, because she's been on this 1000 cal diet for 30 years or whatever, but she didn't really look that thin on the article photo. Size 12 is fine, perfectly healthy, but from what she was ranting on about I'd expect her to look like a twig. She must have an awful metabolism.

I echo the views of all the other posters in terms of her husband, and her in general.

ReputationRep:
    "Any woman who wants to stay beautiful (like me!) needs to diet every day of her life"

lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izpenguin)
    It really is a terrible article. It does make it sound like she has an eating disorder.
    One thing that confuses me, allegedly her husband will leave her if she gets fat, but he is overweight himself :/
    pascal is a ridiculously goodlooking frenchman

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it doesn't matter what size a woman OR a man is for that matter,whether that be under weight or over,we're all human at the end of the day and we all have the same feelings as each other and it hurts when someone criticizes us.
    Imo she's just filling her slot up in the newspaper and trying to get herself talked about by writing something controversial.

She's abit of an idiot to be fair.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Frankly as conceted as the person in the article is this type of thinking does no surprise me because it stems from the fact that women insist on skipping meals to focus on a number as opposed to doing half an hour of cardio at least per day.

Thankfully men are not quite as bad even though you do get some bodybuilders who are a bit anal about their macros's.

Women, keep a steady diet and get to the gym.

(Original post by AbathaZoe)
    This is just ridiculous. Her 'diet' she describes isn't even a diet - it's starvation. Eating under 1000 calories a day is incredibly dangerous. And she describes a size 14 as 'fat'? The average women's clothes size in the UK is a 16, for god's sake! This has got to be some kind of joke.
    The UK is the second fattest nation on Earth. I personally think women look their sexiest at a size 6-8.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by rooosy)
    Well actually the average waist size for men has increased over the last 40 years by11.4%, from 35 inches to 39 inches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You sure thats not American?

I thought the average in the UK had increased from about 32 to 36.

Does she not realise that living of mints will make you very ill? Unlike her many of us have much more important things in our lives than spending evcery day counting calories. Id rather be a bit rounded and be happy than starving myself to be a figure im not naturally meant to be

what sort of example is this silly cow for young girls shes getting into their head that there only be beautiful and attractive to men if there stick thin and unhealthy

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Frankly as conceted as the person in the article is this type of thinking does no surprise me because it stems from the fact that women insist on skipping meals to focus on a number as opposed to doing half an hour of cardio at least per day.

Thankfully men are not quite as bad even though you do get some bodybuilders who are a bit anal about their macros's.

Women, keep a steady diet and get to the gym.

The UK is the second fattest nation on Earth. I personally think women look their sexiest at a size 6-8.

Im sorry but you cant justify when woman look their sexiest im a size 10 but because im tall this relates to my size im not fat though yet I have friends who are small 5ft3ish who are size 6-8 yet they have larger thighs than me they have thicker waists than me, there no skinnier than me some of them are even bigger than me but it relates to their height. So saying woman look sexiest at a size 6 is a flippent comment as when I was a size 6 I looked like i needed to be admitted to hospital and that my head was about to fall of my body

ReputationRep:
    Daily mail does that. One article is criticising some slim celebrity and saying how much better it is to have curves. You'll then go onto another article like that one. It's a joke

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.